Pod Your Reef

My 30 gal Salty...

purplefirefish

purplefirefish
Flat worms... time for some Prazi-Pro and water changes

ya... i was currently reading about them. haha fun times.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
purplefirefish
you can thank mrcoral for those flatworms. Did u dip the corals you got from him? If not look forward to more pests in your tank.

yea and those were the only ones i havent dipped too.... and the only reason i didnt was i was in a hurry i had to come home and add them to the tank on a lunch break....

purplefirefish
Flat worms... time for some Prazi-Pro and water changes

i have one very un happy mushroom...

that was just molested by a turkey baster.

purplefirefish
really? so now you are molesting other things with turkey basters?

ive got a very flat worm free mushroom tho haha...

oh ya... and a new sexy shrimp tank.

shhh

ohh this is what you were talking about when you mentioned the "sexy" tank.. sorry i wasn't sober enough to get the hint!!

purplefirefish

ive got a new favorite mushroom.. living front and center.

IMG_0903A.jpg

and a sneak preview of the sexy one...

IMG_0912A.jpg

i did sucessfully contstruct an ATO system for the 30 gallon... i did the float switch and pump method... however my sexy tanks ato wasnt so successful lol... i did the float switch, but an air pump that blows air into a container ontop of the water and the pressure build up moves the water from the jug into the tank by another hose... well i think i need to make the hose coming out larger, that way no back pressure builds up and the water stops flowing when the air pump turns off...

ive got a new favorite mushroom.. living front and center.

IMG_0903A.jpg

and a sneak preview of the sexy one...

IMG_0912A.jpg

i did sucessfully contstruct an ATO system for the 30 gallon... i did the float switch and pump method... however my sexy tanks ato wasnt so successful lol... i did the float switch, but an air pump that blows air into a container ontop of the water and the pressure build up moves the water from the jug into the tank by another hose... well i think i need to make the hose coming out larger, that way no back pressure builds up and the water stops flowing when the air pump turns off...

so this is the randomness you were talking about the other day... I get it now. anyways hit me up.

• 3 weeks later...
purplefirefish

sooo an update.

everythings great... and growing/splitting...

my one favorite hairy mushroom is now 2.

:)

i did have one scare... my LFS put fresh water into my salt water bucket and i did a 6 gallon water change with fresh water :(

nothing died! but things still arent extremly happy... the GSP actually took it the worse, and my yellow button polyps...

both clowns and shrimp survived the salinty dip...

as far as the sexies go.. they're loving there little tank.

sooo an update.

everythings great... and growing/splitting...

my one favorite hairy mushroom is now 2.

:)

i did have one scare... my LFS put fresh water into my salt water bucket and i did a 6 gallon water change with fresh water :(

nothing died! but things still arent extremly happy... the GSP actually took it the worse, and my yellow button polyps...

both clowns and shrimp survived the salinty dip...

as far as the sexies go.. they're loving there little tank.

Tank is looking great, I'd have freaked out if I put fresh in, how'd you find out that had happened?

purplefirefish
Tank is looking great, I'd have freaked out if I put fresh in, how'd you find out that had happened?

well after i always check the salinty after water changes... and at first i thought it was the ATO and that the water was wrong from the start.. not the new water... so i checked the salinty of the water in the ATO container and it was all good... decided to check the remaining water in the "salt" container and it wasnt salt water lol

purplefirefish

a few updated pictures...

the split.

IMG_0964a.jpg

what was one.. now is 3.

fun shroom.

IMG_0977a.jpg

some new cool zoas...

IMG_0965a.jpg

IMG_0978a.jpg

and some old.. growing zoas.

IMG_0968a.jpg

IMG_0968a.jpg

IMG_0976a.jpg

IMG_0981a.jpg

IMG_0982a.jpg

another new friend...

IMG_0983a.jpg

and sexy tank.. i should have never bought acrylic...

however i do have the lights for a new 10 gallon on the way... which these guys will move into :)

IMG_0990a.jpg

(those are pods all over it)

why are u checking salinty in the ATO? ATO should be freshwater only.

i wanted to make sure it hadnt back flowed into the bucket...

psht. i dont knowwww haha i was in a state of panic. and it seemed like a good idea? haha

purplefirefish
Wha?? Got the 10gal set up for 'em?

haha i do... except i just noticed a rather LARGE hitch hiker...

not sure if i should try to get it out and return it to the store or leave it...

a large brittle star fish... he could def eat my sexies as a snack!

Hmmmm, about how large? And can you get a pic of it??

I know the larger brittle stars are risky to keep with fish, but I'm not sure if they would go after inverts.

purplefirefish
Hmmmm, about how large? And can you get a pic of it??

I know the larger brittle stars are risky to keep with fish, but I'm not sure if they would go after inverts.

working on a picture now... its hiding so i can only get some of the legs.. its body is pretty small

purplefirefish

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

all i could get was a few legs...

working on a picture now... its hiding so i can only get some of the legs.. its body is pretty small

mine wasnt the pico (glass) it was the 3 gallon deco kit

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...mp;pcatid=15494

um.. it might turn into a betta bowl? its acrylic.. it came out of the box with a scratch. ghettto.

Archived