Cultivated Reef

BibleSue's 10G Re-Creation Station

BibleSue

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Daniel. Pump came in today & is hooked into the system. I am making more SW to fill the tank more. The rubble bucket is out & it looks like it should be OK once the water level is higher.

I added the water & the tank looks good with the slower pump. I didn't get home from shopping before the lights went out. I'll try for pics tomorrow.

Here is the system with the slower pump. I need to replace the bulbs in that sump light but you can see the waterfall effect in this shot.

DSCF6766.jpg

With flash

DSCF6770.jpg

Waterfall view

DSCF6768.jpg

It's kinda like a little tidepool effect :)

that red coralline is CRAZY!!!

Yup! That will be my higher flow area if it works right. That red coralline was on the rocks I got from dzones. I love it!

hmmm, nice. I totally wanted to do one like that but didnt have space do I settled for a 2.5 with a HOB, so I kept it simple.

Thanks! Simple is good though. I thought this would be simple till we got down to the nuts n bolts of it all. :lol:

Looks great Sue! and the red coraline is very nice :) I likey this tank

Thanks! I hope I can keep that red with my 50/50 light till I get the other tanks swapped around to free up a MH light.

I cleaned off some frags in another tank & tossed some of the macros in the sump. One must have gone over the falls. :lol:

See how green & healthy he looks after his snack compared to his brother on the left.

DSCF6772.jpg

wow comin along great sue! i figured you'd go the above tank refugium route :P

and i'm jealous of your mini-carpets. once i get my frag tank going i'm going to have to get a few of those guys... if i can find them.

I cleaned off some frags in another tank & tossed some of the macros in the sump. One must have gone over the falls. :lol:

See how green & healthy he looks after his snack compared to his brother on the left.

DSCF6772.jpg

That's a cool shot there Sue!

( So, did you feed his brother after this pic? :lol: )

Great shtuffs Susan, keep 'em coming pweez!

:)

That's a cool shot there Sue!

( So, did you feed his brother after this pic? :lol: )

Great shtuffs Susan, keep 'em coming pweez!

:)

Thanks, NRF! I need to give them some Thanksgiving Dinner. :D

More pics at you requested. The grandkids got here yesterday & this is what showed up.

DSCF6789.jpg

DSCF6790.jpg

DSCF6791.jpg

DSCF6792.jpg

Tonight there are 3 cleaning on the front of the tank.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I had gotten all of the big white flat worms but found 1 today. Must have been in the LR since I have only moved corals from my prop tank & they are not in there. Here are some updated pics. When I pass the tank in the day time, I have to stop & enjoy it a min. before going on. I love the look of the display fuge through the tank! Getting ready to order more macros for that part & some CUC.

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

When I get all the corals in there, I will re-scape the rockwork.

Looking good, Sue! Hope you get all those flatworms outta there.

Thanks! There weren't many so I hope I got them all. I'm keeping an eye out.

Oh flatworms...geez...I thought that may have been from those "nose prints".

You did say they showed up after the grand kids...... :rolleyes:

:happy:

Tank is looking very nice Susan

Oh flatworms...geez...I thought that may have been from those "nose prints".

You did say they showed up after the grand kids...... :rolleyes:

:happy:

Tank is looking very nice Susan

No, Doofus! They are not nose boogies. :slap: My grandkids keep their noses clean. :lol:

Glad you like it NR & got2. I wish the pictures could really do it justice. It is better than I expected. I just have to keep the rock work low enough to see through.

Look what I got just in time for required pics tomorrow. Have to wait for the FTS!

IMG_0620.jpg

Close ups

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

Actually, in that last one you can see all 3. The penny frag is attached to the white shell.

Archived