SaltCritters.com

BibleSue's 10G Re-Creation Station

BibleSue

Here are the required shots.

FTS

DSCF6879.jpg

Refugium with the light on the front tank off so you can see plants better.

DSCF6878.jpg

I can see them but it is hard to get it to show in pictures.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what cyano? :P

your tank looks great sue!

Thanks! I'm still working on it.

I did a WC just before the pics & got most of it. I also removed the carpet rock that had it all over it & around it.

I just got the costs updated & am almost out of $$. After I remove the carpets & get the bill for the CUC & macros, I will probably be done!

Looks great! :)

Thanks! Wish I had you here to take my pics for me. The tank looks way better in person.

Thanks! Don't look too close at the aragonite. :D Your tank will be great in no time now that you can work on it. Wish I lived close enough to get a before & after view.

Here are some close ups.

Green palys

DSCF6882.jpg

Star polyps, encrusting gorgonian & clove polyps

DSCF6883.jpg

Navy blues & orange skirt hitch hikers that were on the live rock.

DSCF6884.jpg

Horizons & Rainbows?

DSCF6885.jpg

Tubbs, Eagle Eyes, Horizons & Nuke

DSCF6886.jpg

Green Meadows, Lighter Horizons,

DSCF6887.jpg

Daisy Polyps 2 kinds & some pinks not opened all the way cuz I turned the lights off to take the fuge shot.

DSCF6888.jpg

Sweet idea.

Question:

Do you notice any extra algae growth in the display on the side with the fuge? From spill-over of the fuge light?

Sweet idea.

Question:

Do you notice any extra algae growth in the display on the side with the fuge? From spill-over of the fuge light?

No I don't. I have them on the same light cycle so that may be the reason. I just turned the front light off so I could get a good pic of the back tank for those of you who can't be here in person. :D

Oooh nice zoas..must ...resist..

Looks great Sue!

Thanks! You know you are tempted. :D What else is a prop tank for but to sell, sell, SELL!!! I also have some purple death's in there that I forgot to photograph.

i love this build, i was just reading coral propagation and calfo talks about a set up very similar to yours...

thanks for sharing this wonderful tank with us

looks nice sue, any chance you got any Nukes and Purple deaths you wanna sell? I might be interested if the price isn't to bad.

Thanks! I'll look tomorrow in my big prop tank when the lights are on & PM you.

Looking at my budget, I'd say we are about at the "Be fruitful & multiply stage." :lol:

Thanks! I'll look tomorrow in my big prop tank when the lights are on & PM you.

Looking at my budget, I'd say we are about at the "Be fruitful & multiply stage." :lol:

sounds good Sue, I'm in the same boat you are, i have no money and need to let stuff grow until x-mas. was going to upgrade but once i price the whole setup i was like wow! There is no way i can afford that! :bling:

sounds good Sue, I'm in the same boat you are, i have no money and need to let stuff grow until x-mas. was going to upgrade but once i price the whole setup i was like wow! There is no way i can afford that! :bling:

If all works out, I'll be headed down your way in March. The one son left there has a birthday & a kid I babysat is just finishing his second tour in Iraq & will be getting married. Maybe we can connect & trade some stuff. I'll get back to you tomorrow about the PD & Nukes.

I don't think you'll have a problem with that type of flatworm. I have them, but I have only ever seen two at one time. They come and go, but have never given me any problems or reproduced too quickly.

I don't think you'll have a problem with that type of flatworm. I have them, but I have only ever seen two at one time. They come and go, but have never given me any problems or reproduced too quickly.

Thanks so much for taking time to comment! That is good to know. These are new for me. I have just been taking small air line tubing & sucking them out when I see one. I have to wait till they get where I can reach them in the sump. I think I only have 1 left. They did come 1 or 2 at a time. Must have been in the rock. I never saw them anywhere but on the glass cleaning that so that was good.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my required FTS. Sorry I didn't have time to clean things up better. I am getting ready for the swap tomorrow.

DSCF6896.jpg

Waterfall changes

DSCF6897.jpg

Some close ups

DSCF6898.jpg

DSCF6906.jpg

Ooooh I like that maroonish coraline

I like it alot Sue! frag swap..I wantz some :P

Thanks! That is rock I got from dzones at the last frag swap. I have lots more of all of the coral in the prop tank. Just let me know what you want, when you want it & I'll let you know what I have left from the swap. :lol:

Nice pictures!

Thanks! I need to clean off some coraline in the sump.

Key words here. Nice tank Suzy-Q :)

Hi, Buddy! Be sure to come over & let me meet you in person! I hope your son is still coming! Thanks for the compliments on the tank.

Archived