Innovative Marine Aquariums

BibleSue's 10G Re-Creation Station

BibleSue

clifford513

Sorry about your sexies, Sue. I bought three in Cookville a couple weeks ago. They're doing fine so far. Probably have more now. I left one all by itself :( They were 22.95 each! Tank looks nice :)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sexies are fun little things, aren't they? :)

They are awesome. I am so glad you got me started wanting some.

Sorry about your sexies, Sue. I bought three in Cookville a couple weeks ago. They're doing fine so far. Probably have more now. I left one all by itself :( They were 22.95 each! Tank looks nice :)

Thanks! One was not well when I got her & would not eat from the start. The other one made it about a week. This one had done fine & is growing! If I can't find it, all I have to do is clean the glass & she is out there looking for a hand out. :D $22.95! Weets & I did get a deal! I won't make you feel bad by telling you that we paid less than that for all 3.

Sue sorry about the shrimp. Tank looks great. Love the water fall. Good Luck in the contest. I wonder if green tanks will have an advantage for St Pat.'s Day.

Thanks! I am not too surprised. They went through several steps to get here. I am thankful one survived. All 3 of Weeties are still fine. Mine had an extra step from hers. That last one must have done it.

I titled my tank Re-Creation Station because I was taking my QT tank that was a mess, cleaning it up & using it to downsize my prop tank per my hubby’s request.

We decided to go with a 10g display fuge on a raised platform that would waterfall into the prop tank so you could see the macro algae above the rock ledges that the frags are on. I used rubble for most of the frags to keep things low budget as well as blending in with the natural feel. It has been a fun project & has pulled hubby in. The waterfall is so soothing to have in the room.

Here is my list of expenses

10g tank-- Free

Live Rock-- Free

Heater-- Free (used equipment laying around w/a value <$15)

Sump Heater-- Free (used equipment laying around w/a value <$15)

Current Power Compact 50/50 Light-Used-On sale at Dr. Foster for $62.99 so $47.17

Mini-Aqua Light-Used-$31.99 @ DFS so $23.99

Sump Tank-$10.99

2 Maxi-Jet 400-Used & under $15-Free

Elite Mini pump Under $15-Free

Stock

3 orange skirt brown small zoas $3

1 green paly $1

5 Aqua Palys $5

1 Mini Carpets $13

Codium $5

Pink & Green Encrusting Gorgonian $10

3 Bright Green Zoas $3

5 Clove polyps $5

5 Awesome Eagle Eyes Zoos $5

4 Navy Blue Zoos $10

Combo Dk blue w/green skirts & gray with orange skirts zoas $22

Pink w/white mouth zoas $25

Rock with 2 kinds of daisy polyps $15

Horizons $10

Lighter orange skirts zoas $10

Tubbs Blues $20

White dot Star Polyps $5

Rainbows? $10

CUC

2 Nassarius Snails-$1.20

1 Bumblebee Snail $2.00

4 Blue Leg Hermits $1.12

10 Ceriths $2.80

30 Dwarf Ceriths (half free) $1.65

Sexy Shrimp $6

1 Peppermint Shrimp $6

1 Hermit free from C7

Total so far--$263.92

In the Beginning (Before shot)

Tank with something beside crud in it per the rules. :D

DSCF6444.jpg

10:30 PM The tank contents are formless and void & darkness is on the face of the deep. :D Adding fresh SW. (See thread for the whole creation account.)

DSCF6454.jpg

1 month FTS

DSCF6592.jpg

Sump finally finished & first macros added

DSCF6744.jpg

Side shot so you can see sump set up.

DSCF6747.jpg

Nov. FTS

DSCF6745.jpg

Dec FTS

DSCF6879.jpg

Jan FTS

DSCF6897.jpg

Feb FTS

IMG_0977.jpg

shot of the sump with the front light off to get rid of reflection. It doesn't do that IRL! :huh:

DSCF7005.jpg

Final FTS 3-17-09

IMG_1190.jpg

Tank Video so you can hear waterfall taken before rock re-structure

th_MVI_1113.jpg

Frag ledge

IMG_1194.jpg

Close ups

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1166.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

TH TH THat's all folks! Good luck everyone!

Hey! I didn't know there was a fish store in cookeville?! Is it nice? I'll be at Tennessee Tech next year and I would be so thrilled if there was a lfs that was close.

PM Cliff about it. I haven't been there or the ones in Nashville. There are a couple of good ones in Knoxville that I go to.

Needreefunds

Great stuff Sue!

How do you get anything done with that soothing, relaxing, calming water fall...going....on in the...background z zzzzzz -_-

:lol:

Good luck Susan! Enjoyed following along. :)

• 1 month later...

Ya know! For a guy with a screen name of Needreefunds, he sure don't act like it.

Look what I got today just cuz he likes me!

post-25782-1240539429_thumb.jpg

I took the middle rock out in the fuge which was planned before these arrived to expose more sand bed. Now look what I have.

post-25782-1240539474_thumb.jpg

I will play with arrangement when things attach good. Codium is now on the right.

Archived