Cultivated Reef

BibleSue's 10G Re-Creation Station

BibleSue

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! It was dry land before it went into the tank. That's as close as I can get on this project. The trees bearing fruit & land critters won't work either unless I surround the tank with grandkids toys. :lol:

I looked at this thread about a week ago and I thought to myself...ha ha she must be joking.

Now that it's all cleaned up and running, it has a legitimate shot.

So far, the ammonia in my tank is 0 or close to it. The crab, astrea snail & tiny hitch hiker snail are OK. I have a couple of green palys that attached themselves on the rock when it was in the QT tank & they are opened. Still only 5 lbs of rock. My DIY is still in the planning how to do it stage.

And there is life!

Perams fine so I put in this torch I got from Weetie & 3 carpets Sat. night. They are doing fine!

DSCF6496.jpg

DSCF6493.jpg

lone green paly

DSCF6494.jpg

I picked up 10 lbs LR from dzones for $4 lb at the swap. He had taken down a tank. I missed getting the rocks with nice coral still on it. I have a few polyps & am looking forward to see what else is there. It is in a separate tank ATM till I see if I can get my DIY going.

DSCF6491.jpg

Thanks, guys! Now we are on to the be fruitful & multiply stage. Here are the zoos on the LR I got from dzones. I am getting a price from Weetie.

DSCF6515.jpg

They are not opening up well yet but they were in the dark for quite awhile.

DSCF6514.jpg

Is that a little mushie underneath the lowest rock bump with zoas on it? Looks maybe purple or blue.

You've come a long way baby. Looking pretty good.

Good eyes! That's where one of the mini carpets decided to reside! :P

It has come a long way but has so far to go! It is hard not to rush when I have so much sitting right next to it in the prop tank.

I ordered items for my DIY. I think I have about settled on a design. I hate waiting on deliveries. :lol: I want to get started on the next phase.

I love very natural looking zoas. Sure I have bought frags but I have to add them to a rock fast. The rock looks great. Now I wish I got into the contest.

I love very natural looking zoas. Sure I have bought frags but I have to add them to a rock fast. The rock looks great. Now I wish I got into the contest.

Thanks! If you like that, I think you will like the rest of the project.

• 2 weeks later...

The Official, Pre-Required Unofficial Contest Tank FTS 10-17-08

Tank

DSCF6592.jpg

The "Where is she going with this?" part.

DSCF6591.jpg

ATM I have about 15 heads of Duncans, 2 heads of Flame Torch, 1 pl Green Paly, 1 baby green mushroom, 3 carpets (1 MIA), small cluster of zoos that I have to find & count, 1 astrea snail & 1 hermit.

Yay Sue! looks like ya been working on the tank and gonna be doing more work I see :eek:

ya adding a sump?

Hmmmm?

....or sumpin' ;)

Here is a better pic of the mini carpets.

IMG_0357.jpg

I added 4 Nass snails, 1 Mexican Turbo (temp resident) and 2 Money Cowries this week. 1 Cowrie is waiting for Weetie.

DSCF6600.jpg

Archived