Top Shelf Aquatics

got2envy's 10g... $300 bux or bust

got2envy

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks gals and guys :D

I really love the gobies and am amazed that the don't kick each others arses lol the YWG and the sixline are the kings and the larger red head is bestest freinds with the YWG they watch each others backs, when I upgrade (now looking at the AP24) I want to get 2 more red heads

The zoas are doing great, I have been dosing reef plus by SeaChem it has vitamin C 2x a week and they seem to love it,In my 40 I had a colony that started to melt away as they do sometimes for no apparent reason, I started dosing this and they came back :wub:

I still want to post a pic with the GSP open lol I got a soft tooth brush and cleaned the mat as it had some build up of stuff and they started peeping again

as for the pix..I am a point and shoot photographer lolz nothing special and my camera is a fossil :mellow:

Thanks again for the kind words everyone!

<3 Maria

edit-

sorry for got to answer enjoifishes question

order of fish added not exactly sure of time frame but it was a couple of weeks inbetween each or longer

firefish

red head gobies

YWG

6line

Awww! Thanks Brett! I love the frags ya sent me :wub: I will pimp them out when I upgrade this tank

Ok so here are some pix from today, I retook a few FTS since my gsp decided it was having a bad hair day

I also moved the xenia cause it was so big it was casting a shadow over my zoa rock

P1010009-21.jpg

P1010021-10.jpg

haven't posted much about my hitchiker zoas that were 5 now 9 :)

P1010012-9.jpg

P1010004-22.jpg

P1010008-17.jpg

new FTS :happy:

P1010002-33.jpg

look at the size of mah hairy mushy down on the left corner...how big do they get? :scarry:

P1010015-14.jpg

thanks for looking...again ;)

Awww! Thanks Brett! I love the frags ya sent me :wub: I will pimp them out when I upgrade this tank

:happydance: Glad to hear they are doing well! Pimp away!

Yes they are doing great! the AOG's took a couple of days but they finally started opening up same with the watermelons..it's funny how some zoas open right away and others take a while :huh:

I am saving my money up for the next round ;)

I bought a AP24 from a local reefer for $25 omgomgomg

I want to mod the hood to fit T'5's...hmmmm

Yeah I couldn't believe the price, no scratches, but has coraline on the back needs a cleaning but worth the price :) I was going to do a 20H but I really like the AIO's...now I needz a Sunpod haha I have never tried MH this maybe my chance, first I am gonna mess around with my 18" T5's and see if I can gut the fixture and see if a couple of these will fit in the AP hood as I like the closed hood look...I suck a DIY lol

My AOG's are opening and happy so no worries

I <3 my zoas and candy canes too

Thanks for looking!

T5's will nevah do ya wrong ;) candy canes grow quick if ya feed them a few times a week, I feed them twice a week with frozen mysis skrimp

I do look back and see that Lalanis zoas are monsters ya'll...some of us have come to the speculation that she sprinkles crack on her fragz before sending them out for delivery :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

Well like Boyz II Men said...It's da end of the road :tears:

My 10g Peninsula reef

I really had alot of fun with this tank and keeping a 10g has taught me alot..it is def more time consuming than my other tanks and the hubby got tired of me nagging when I would go outta town to make sure everything was ok in the contest tank lol

This tank was my idea of a set up that was inexpensive and easy as far as equipment went.

If you join your local reef club and get to know the reef keepers around your area you can get many good deals on corals :) Support your club!

If I inspired at least one person in my 10g journey that's enough for me ;)

Thanks again to Lani for the great zoas! and thanks to everyone for following along :happydance:

P1010010-25.jpg

P1010027-7.jpg

P1010024-10.jpg

P1010029-9.jpg

P1010067-2.jpg

Just gonna do the Left side of tank for the growth shots...it's easier lol

FTS 9/17/08

P1010006-11.jpg

FTS 10/17/08

P1010001-22.jpg

FTS 11/17/08

P1010035-4.jpg

FTS 12/17/08

P1010021-6.jpg

FTS 1/17/09

P1010041-5.jpg

FTS 2/17/09

P1010002-33.jpg

FTS for 3/17/09

P1010017-14.jpg

P1010016-16.jpg

P1010012-12.jpg

List of equiment -

I ordered my light from petmountain.com

T-5 for $49.34

DFS model 25 HOB w/ surface skimmer

DFS filter w/ surface skimmer

10g aga- free

6 lbs argonite sand- free

50w heater- free

Koralia 1-free

Rio 50 - free

natural sea water- free

11 lbs L/R- free

18" Current 40w T-5HO- $49.34

HOB w/surface skimmer- $22.99

medium mag float algae glass cleaner- free

digital thermometer- free

egg crate top- free

Blue L.E.D's - free

Livestock -

1 blue legged hermit..hitchiked on my rock from my 40L <_< $1.50

1 red leg hermits = $1.50

2 astrea snails - $1.50 x2 = $3.00

1 small mexican turbo - $2.25

2 cerith snails - $1.50 each = $3.00

some kind of red skirt zoa - 5 hitchikers - $2 per polyp =$10

asterina stars - hitchikers

Small red Scolymia- $20

Small orange plate - $15

Who I purchased Scolymia and plate from

teal trumpets - $25

pink trumpets - $35

green trumpets - $10

xenia - $7

GSP 1x1" = $5

small pink zoas - $1.00 x2 = $2.00

sm bubble coral - $28*taken out*sm bubble coral

Lalani kick arse zoa frags - $15

frag ked reds - $10

PBMAS - zoa group buy

Red Head Gobies x2 = $6

Yellow watchman goby = $6

Firefish - $6

Sixline wrasse - $4.75

Peppermint shrimp - *RIP*

Porcelain Crab - *RIP*

Frag wild blue yonders - $10

Frag Oceans Desire - $10

Hairy Mushroom - $5

purple mushroom- $5

toh up zoas lol - $5

2x red shrooms - $3

$ 1.67 left over

Maria

Thanks everyone

Good luck to all the contestants!! :flower:

You have done an amazing job of putting together a 10g tank for $300. That is a tank anyone would be proud to own. Great work!

200703130248.jpg

You have done an amazing job of putting together a 10g tank for $300. That is a tank anyone would be proud to own. Great work!

200703130248.jpg

Thanks Sue! howd ya know I love SpongeBob :)

Can't believe it's been 6 months already, lol, looks great Maria! Good luck to all the contestants. :)

I know..Feels like just yesterday I wanted to scratch up the mailman for taking so long to deliver your zoas :mellow:

Thanks again Lani!

Wow you gave me faith in being able to make my 10g into a reef.. However having 4 fishes in my 10g is too much? That's the only problem that's stopping me because it seems the nitrate is a little high.. last time i checked its at 40ppm. That's too much for reef and i've been cutting down on the feeding once every other day, changing water more often with RO water. Do you think 4 fishes is too much?

Hello and welcome to NR!

Well it depends on the fish you have...all the fish I have are very small, I also plan on on upgrade.

keep doing at least 2-3g water changes every week and change out any kind of filter floss or filter media you have, also it helps to blow the rocks with a turkey baster to pick up and waste left on the rocks.

PM me if ya need some help :D

Maria

Archived