Pod Your Reef

40g custom acrylic rimless cube

cbort

Don't you just hate getting promoted :lol:. Good luck with the move, awesome tanks! If you ever decide you have too many frags, i'll gladly help you out and take some off your hands :D .

Yes getting promoted is just a PITA, :lol: Would be great if my job promoted with in! Instead in order to move up you gotta move out!

I am getting really good at moving! Should be a breeze! *fingers crossed, while knocking on wood*

Lately these frags have been like $20 bills! I have been trading them for equipment! Last week i just scored a sweet light setup for my other cube! It lights up my tank a whole lot better! My LPS and clams are loving it! And it only cost me about 15 frags! :P

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is awesome and z/p dominated tank are the best ;)

I do agree with you! So many colors and morphs! Fun to watch them spread out and when the actinics come on all the different colors really pop out!

Thanks for looking again! Hope you get your tank up and running again! If you were closer i would help re populate your tank again! You had some really nice zoas!

Yes getting promoted is just a PITA, :lol: Would be great if my job promoted with in! Instead in order to move up you gotta move out!

I am getting really good at moving! Should be a breeze! *fingers crossed, while knocking on wood*

Lately these frags have been like $20 bills! I have been trading them for equipment! Last week i just scored a sweet light setup for my other cube! It lights up my tank a whole lot better! My LPS and clams are loving it! And it only cost me about 15 frags! :P

I wish I could talk in frags for costs! It only cost me 30 frags for my phone bill this month ha ha!

Your tank is beautiful. I have thinking about building something a similar size for a while. What thickness is the acrylic and do you notice any bowing when it is full?

I wish I could talk in frags for costs! It only cost me 30 frags for my phone bill this month ha ha!

Ya it is kinda nice to talk in frags!

I am picking up a custom 8' tank 96x15x18T tank/stand/euroreef skimmer/sump/2 48" PC fixtures/ 70-80lbs live rock/LS/3 fish/ powerheads all for 10 frags!

then i am picking up a Geo 418 Classic Calcium Reactor for 13 frags

then i am picking up 2 Icecap 175W ballasts/reflector/bulbs for a few more frags! :)

I really need to get my frag tank up and running!

Wow that is a beautiful tank (I love acrylic AIO's!), where did you score all of those zoas from?

Thanks! I got them all from trading between other reefers, and got some of the more rare ones from a secret source! ;)

• 2 months later...
Update time... Your two cubes are some of my fav tanks... PICS!

:P

:) Sorry to keep ya waiting! I just moved again! As of right now only 1 cube is setup and running with everything crammed into the one tank.

Here is a quick up date tho....

Traded the 10 zoa frags for this setup!

misc20013.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

And here it is after i stored it in my parents garage with everything stuffed into it!

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

And my poor cubes sitting dry! :(

IMG_0509.jpg

And last but not least my new calcium reactor i traded for 13 frags!

PICT0956.jpg

PICT0960.jpg

Cubes will be up again soon, will get pics ASAP! :P

Umm not sure how you didnt get any comments on this. But your tank looks absolutely fantastic. Amazing Job cbort. Your aquascape is awesome as well. :bowdown::bowdown:

• 3 weeks later...
Umm not sure how you didnt get any comments on this. But your tank looks absolutely fantastic. Amazing Job cbort. Your aquascape is awesome as well. :bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks for the compliments!

• 1 month later...

this tank is sitting empty. All contents are going into my much large 36x36 cube. Once i buy a house i will set up all of my cubes throughout my house. I still currently have:

24x24x12

24x24x16

36x36x12

and will be ordering a 48x48x24 cube next.

Wooww..i hope i have a tank like yours :P

Thanks a lot! Also thanks for using your very first post to comment on my tank! makes me feel special!

Thanks a lot! Also thanks for using your very first post to comment on my tank! makes me feel special!

oh, of course, very inspiring to see your tank ..

I love Zoa, therefore, as I saw your collection, I was thrilled

Btw, what do you use for the base of the zoa? It was white like a cork? Is it cork?

Would it not be damaging the parameters of the water? And whether it is safe?

Thanks,

oh, btw, I'm from Indonesia, so glad to see ur tank bro .. sorry if my english bad.

oh, of course, very inspiring to see your tank ..

I love Zoa, therefore, as I saw your collection, I was thrilled

Btw, what do you use for the base of the zoa? It was white like a cork? Is it cork?

Would it not be damaging the parameters of the water? And whether it is safe?

Thanks,

oh, btw, I'm from Indonesia, so glad to see ur tank bro .. sorry if my english bad.

Your English is terrific! The cork like pieces i am using to glue my zoas to are called frag plugs. They kinda look like an oversized golfing T. They can be bought on ebayl. I generally use a brand called OceanWonders. As far as damaging parameters, they say just to not add a lot of them at a time to your tank. I will frag maybe 5 frags everyother week and haven't had problems with doing this in my tank. Here is a link to a local forum where i have a current running zoa collection listing

http://salt-city.org/showthread.php?t=15536

Hope you enjoy it! Thanks again!

Archived