inTank Media Baskets

40g custom acrylic rimless cube

cbort

40g Cube

The 24x24x15 cube is actually 24x20 if you count the false wall.

30g Cube

The tank (display) is 24x24x12 and the overflow is on the outside (external)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at Petco last night (got a 25.00 giftcard for Salt) they had a small coralbanded shrimp. Got to looking at him and he only had one pincher (instead of the normal 2). The lady said i can't sell him to you like that but i can give him to ya for free. So i said hell ya and she packaged it up got my salt and put him in my tank. So far he is doing fine. How will he do with one less pincher and will it grow back? No enemies in tank. Just firefish, yellowatchman, and snails.

Was at Petco last night (got a 25.00 giftcard for Salt) they had a small coralbanded shrimp. Got to looking at him and he only had one pincher (instead of the normal 2). The lady said i can't sell him to you like that but i can give him to ya for free. So i said hell ya and she packaged it up got my salt and put him in my tank. So far he is doing fine. How will he do with one less pincher and will it grow back? No enemies in tank. Just firefish, yellowatchman, and snails.

The shrimp's pincer should grow back over time. A friend of mine bought two shrimps and on the way home one of the shrimps ripped the other shrimp's pincer off. There was no way it was going to survive being in the tank with the aggressor with only one pincer so to make things fair my friend ripped off the other shrimp's pincer and placed two one-armed shrimps in the tank. After a few months they were good as gold

Cool thanks! He actually went into my overflow and down into my sock filter i think. Haven't seen him in 2 days. No reminance anywhere nor in the sock??

Picture update! No new corals, but i did ad 100 snails 10 blue leg hermits 2 pencil urchins, and 1 pincushion urchin.

000_0047.jpg

000_0048.jpg

000_0049.jpg

000_0051.jpg

000_0050.jpg

000_0046.jpg

Borrowed a camera that took a bit better pics than mine. Still not the greatest! But anyway enjoy!

More pics! I added 2 more firefish and a half and half blue/yellow damsel.

000_0054.jpg

000_0059.jpg

000_0062.jpg

000_0061.jpg

000_0086.jpg

000_0088.jpg

000_0089.jpg

000_0083.jpg

Pics of my HOTT ric and 1 of its 3 babies!

000_0092.jpg

000_0093.jpg

000_0096.jpg

and finally what would you call these zoos? I found them growing in a tough to see spot in my tank.

In this picture they are in the middle left above the eagle eyes(watermelons)

000_0063.jpg

In this pic they are in the very center

000_0064.jpg

They have a green skirt, not as bright as the eagle eyes and they have a purple center. And also have a ring around the mouth.

thanks! It is actually HOT pink during the day and is bright purple at night when the actinics are on! Best of both worlds! Very healthy and plump!

Can any body help me out with an i.d. on the zoa in the last pick. Its in the middle almost at the bottom.

000_0064.jpg

They have a green skirt, not as bright as the eagle eyes and they have a purple center. And also have a ring around the mouth.

They will appear differently under different lighting. Photoshop and lots of blue light help too. I'm crossing my fingers that yours are Blue Hornets! :lol:

Archived