Top Shelf Aquatics

40g custom acrylic rimless cube

cbort

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok....so i guess when using photobucket to host your pictures, the photos can only be viewed a certain number of times per month on the free version. Once a certain day (the day of the month you signed up for photobucket) arrives, then it will be reset and your photos will reappear! That sux!

yeah only pic in the whole thread i can see is the 1 from today but that frag looks nice never seen one like it

looks good

Thanks a lot Gerber77!

yeah only pic in the whole thread i can see is the 1 from today but that frag looks nice never seen one like it

ya the other pics won't come back till the 20th of this month, because of photobuckets stupid rule about too many people viewing your post per month.

But i got really excited to post my new pics so i started a second photobucket account!

I have never seen one like it either. I just wish i could get a better pic! The fade from purple to green is really cool, its a purple base and the green fades into the purple via lines kinda like the AOG center pattern.

my hybrid torch...some have green tips, some have purple tips, some are torch and a lot of the tentacles are frogspawn with 4-5 forks. Very neat pieces

PICT0302-1.jpg

PICT0303-1.jpg

yes photobucket only allows people to look at ur photos so many times per month, so till the 20th they will be unavailable!

lakshwadeep

If you right click on the placeholder image and then open the image in another tab, you can still see the pics.

yes photobucket only allows people to look at ur photos so many times per month, so till the 20th they will be unavailable!

I didn't know that! That's rediculous! :o

If you right click on the placeholder image and then open the image in another tab, you can still see the pics.

thanks didn't know that!

I didn't know that! That's rediculous! :o

ya kinda sucks! started a second account hope to cut use both so i don't get shutdown so quickly next month!

Most of your pics are gone! :(

We need an FTS!

here is your FTS

IMG_0284.jpg

Will get ya a better one tonight. This one is with my iphone. I have since taken a lot of the frags out of this tank and transferred them to the frag tank. So it is a lot less cluttered. I like to start my frags off in my display and then once they are doing well move them to the frag tank.

• 1 month later...

ok... picture time! I had a hell of a time getting out the clowns and all my rock work caved in, so i re-aquascaped. Also i picked up tons of new zoa frags so my tank is also scattered with frags awaiting their new home in my new frag tank. I couldn't pass up on the purple tangs, i got 3....they will be moved to my upcoming frag tank that is currently in the works. As of right now they are cleaning up my display tank. They fought the first day they were in the tank, but now they get along and swim with each other. You can still tell which one is the alpha tang, but currently there has been no picking on one another. Please don't bash me about the tangs, as i no of their requirements and they will have a nice home very soon! Thanks for looking!

PICT0077.jpg

PICT0078.jpg

PICT0079.jpg

PICT0076.jpg

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

PICT0067.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0069.jpg

PICT0070.jpg

PICT0071.jpg

PICT0072.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

Tank is looking nice, lots of frags. And your tangs look great, I got a small harem of flame angels in my tank. If I had a bigger tank, a school of tangs would be awsome. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for looking! I just recently picked up about 20 different zoa morphs and they are currently growing out in my display tank. I just cleaned them all up and put them all on a long frag rack and will put up pics of that here soon.

cut up a nice long piece of egg crate and cleaned up the frags on my sand bed. Looks better in person...

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0089.jpg

This is 4 pics from the far left side to the right side.

PICT0083.jpg

PICT0084.jpg

PICT0085.jpg

PICT0086.jpg

And some random pics....

PICT0088.jpg

PICT0087.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

PICT0091.jpg

PICT0092.jpg

Getting ready to move!! I am getting excited! My new place has a living room dining room connected with a 3-4' dividing wall on either side, and my wife has given me the ok to have a cube on each side of the wall. That means both tanks will share a chiller, Sump , Refugium , heater, and misc filtration! I am pretty stoked about this because that is what has been stopping me from setting up a second display tank. I hate dealing with heat issues, doing water changes on multiple tanks, topping off multiple tanks etc etc etc.... So this will be pretty cool, 1 waterchange, 1 system to top off, my chiller heater combo does the trick on temp, and 1 system to to dose. SWEET!

Got a quick question. I love the amount of flow i get with each of my pumps one uses a QuietOne 6000 and the other uses a CA5000. Here are my thoughts on plumbing these tanks:

- the place i am moving to i will be renting. So no holes drilled in walls.

- Tanks will be sitting back to back on the edge of a wall dividing two rooms.

- I want to use both pumps to as full potential as possible. I will be using ball valves on each.

- I was thinking about putting the Sump in one stand and my Refugium in the other tanks stand.

- Drains will actually drain into each others stands.

My idea is to wrap the drains around the wall into the other's stand, then the water will flow straight up into the tank, and then again drain back to the other stand. I am not able to keep a Sump and Refugium into each stand, so i will keep 1 of each in each others stands. My only concern is having 1 pump not able to keep up with the other pump or drain keeping up with the other drain. So i figured as long as i have large enough drains that can handle both pumps, then i will balance the pumps out (which is ok because the CA5000 will kick the QuietOne 6000's arse! and needs to be dialed down a bit anyway) until they are evenly draining and returning water into each tank.

What am i leaving out, is there an easier way?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

ok.....pretty much last picture of the 40g mixed reef cube. Soon to be the 40g zoa/paly dominated cube.

PICT0269-1.jpg

OK!! The move was made! All LPS/SPS/CLAM was moved out of this tank and it is now a zoa dominated tank with a few softies! Here are the pics

PICT0281-1.jpg

PICT0282-1.jpg

PICT0283-1.jpg

PICT0284.jpg

PICT0285-1.jpg

PICT0286-1.jpg

PICT0287-1.jpg

PICT0296.jpg

PICT0297-1.jpg

PICT0297-1.jpg

PICT0298-1.jpg

PICT0299-1.jpg

Ok...about 1 week after the tank remodel and the 30g cube addition. I also fragged about 20 more zoos, now my sand bed is really covered in frags!

PICT0306-1.jpg

PICT0307-1.jpg

PICT0309-1.jpg

PICT0311-1.jpg

PICT0312.jpg

PICT0313-1.jpg

PICT0314-1.jpg

PICT0315.jpg

PICT0316-1.jpg

PICT0317.jpg

PICT0318.jpg

PICT0319.jpg

PICT0326-1.jpg

PICT0310.jpg

PICT0308-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
Now that's a lot of frags! I think your tank is going to turn out great.

Hey thanks for the compliment! Ya i have a 36x36x8T frag tank in the basement that has been awaiting a light setup, so all my frags have been in my display tanks.

I just recieved my new light setup and had to trade about 15 different zoa frags for the setup. Figured to be a pretty good trade.

On another note. I just got promoted again and have to move yet again! 5th move in 2 years! So...we will see what kind of room i have in the new place.

bananahands

Don't you just hate getting promoted :lol:. Good luck with the move, awesome tanks! If you ever decide you have too many frags, i'll gladly help you out and take some off your hands :D .

Archived