Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RyanB's 1 YR. Old MIXED RSM-Updated FTS PIC! P.15

hb2envy

Looks very nice but short term beauty only - anyone can buy $1000 of corals, put them in a tank and take pics.

I wish Icould spend 1000$ dollars on corals :lol:

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even in San Fran your tank isnt going to stay at 63 degrees without a chiller... haha, if it did everything else would die.

That's true, but the guy at the LFS said that if you acclimate the fish long enough that it'll get use to the temperature and be just fine is the reason why I took the chance! And I know lots of LFS want to just sell people their goods, but I trust these guys a lot and hope to keep it alive as long as I can.

Nice but +1 about what everyone said about the catailna...

+32. I'm all for pushing the limits, but you're not gonna have alot of luck with that fish in water so warm.

Nice but +1 about what everyone said about the catailna - it will likely die (why is that a reason to take a chance?). Looks very nice but short term beauty only - anyone can buy $1000 of corals, put them in a tank and take pics. Keeping them alive is a different story - I'll check in again in 6 months...

Well, I went to Monterey Bay Aquarium where they had a tank setup just for catalina gobies which is what made me want one badly. Plus it was ONLY $15.00 - so you can't beat that. As far as the corals....keeping them alive IS definitely another story, but dude - this is my first salt water tank where I'm so excited at the point where I need to take the chance to learn and see if I can keep them alive. How else will I know and learn??? And yeah, with all of the animal hobbies that I got into, this is the first that I have invested the most in is what's motivates me to keep them growing and alive as long as I can!!!

+32. I'm all for pushing the limits, but you're not gonna have alot of luck with that fish in water so warm.

That's true and I'm prepared for that!

Plus it was ONLY $15.00 - so you can't beat that...

....That's true and I'm prepared for that!

In response to someone stating it will die in tropical water - highly irresponsible and not what we are trying to promote in the hobby.

In response to someone stating it will die in tropical water - highly irresponsible and not what we are trying to promote in the hobby.

Look...in these 5 months of hard work that I have already put into this hobby - I'm definitely NOT trying to casue death within this eco system that I created!!! It's just that, if they sell something that I really want at a fish store where the owners say that it'll be fine, then I'll go for it!!! I mean...they ordered 4 catalina goby's and they all got purchased that same day. And withing these 5 months of creating my eco system...last week was the first week that I have EVER seen it at any of the BAY AREA, CA fish stores (15) that I've been too.

All I can say is that doesn't surprise me... You look like you have put a lot of money and effort into that tank. Forget everything that LFS has told you - it is rubbish. Check up on your stock on here and learn lots more. I very much doubt they have told you how to care for the stock you have.

You have a very nice selection of stuff in your tank and it would be a shame for it all to perish through bad LFS advice. Read around lots on here and you will find advice that may help keep your stuff alive (not the catalina unfortunately). I really hope you learn and this tank matures - if it does it will be nice :)

Really I am being serious... Do you know if your gorgs are photosynthetic or non-photosynthetic and what this involves?

I honestly do not know, but I've had all of them for more than 3 months now. If you can tell me - let me know?

It would be very imortant to know that since if they are not photosynthetic, you will need to be doing direct feedings pretty much daily. They seem to last alright in a tank for a short period of time, a few months maybe a little more, then just die off as they starve

It would be very imortant to know that since if they are not photosynthetic, you will need to be doing direct feedings pretty much daily. They seem to last alright in a tank for a short period of time, a few months maybe a little more, then just die off as they starve

I actually do target feed with them with “Reef Nutrition Phyto Feast Live” as well as my sponges, carnations, clams, and scallops.

Phyto are a very good source of food to filter eaters and corals. ;)

How much do you target them? How man tablespoon, teaspoon and or mL?

I just fill up a 1/4 of the turkey baster for 2 corals each. I also put 34-40 drop of Phyto in my tank. I even turn off my protein skimmer for about 1 and half hours for the corals to eat.

I see this guys tank all the time and I enjoy looking at it , also love all the coral that he gets at that stores . He is right he goes to 15 stores each time and love :wub: to buy new things that comes out . After all that he has done I would want to have a tank now and take care of it myself but all that work that he puts into it and at times I can get mad at him but I understand now that it is a great hobby to do and I watch him all the time and hope that everyone enjoys his tank because I sure do . ;)

Gorgs need a constant food supply - 1 1/2 hours a day isn't going to cut it long term unfortunately...

You know what.....you're absolutely correct on this matter, but for some reason....my technique is working. So thanks for your advice. ;)

Gorgs need a constant food supply - 1 1/2 hours a day isn't going to cut it long term unfortunately...

Yea, I kind of agree with that now. in my tank, I don't have any filter in it. I use to have a fuge in the back, but the light had broke down so The corals are getting full food. A weekly 15percent water change will clean the tank up. I only have one fish at this moment, so barely any bad affects. Once the fuge is, up, it should improve feeding as well, and less feeding to give.

it is an excellent looking take, but on looking at it closely there are a few evil things about it.

what do you think?

starting on the left hand side top corner the reflection is an evil face, by the left had jet looks like a tiger or lion whish gives the reflection of the evil face.

now to the right hand side, the reflection looks like a totem pool with an evil red smile and above it a long faced sheep.

anybody else find anything.

but i will say it is only looking so closely at this tank and trying to work out where all the listed things are that i noticed these.

ps hope it still looks as good in a years time and perhaps this is a sign not to add an angel lol

• Christopher Marks changed the title to RyanB's 1 YR. Old MIXED RSM-Updated FTS PIC! P.15

Archived