Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Sea Monkeys on Mars Experience

StevieT

oh noes, i see him pulling up the driveway now. how sad

Use your techincal prowess and turn this thing into a fuge for the RSM. THen you can release a new product... the RSMM (Red Sea Monkeys on Mars).

love the idea! Every order received in the month of september gets a free spaceman also thrown in is a butt tail thingy

Every order received in the month of september gets a free spaceman also thrown in is a butt tail thingy

To me, the tail looks less like a tail, and more like an arm and fist coming out. Someone trying to escape?

That’s what I see as well. I think it is more than a gerbil up there, maybe a small person or child. I believe NASA needs to open an investigation, there maybe something going on here.

Don't ask don't tell, unless something is sticking out of your rear.

Kind of hard not ask about a small child climbing out of your poop shoot.

Maybe thats how Sea Monkey's have babies (when they aren't cryogenically sealed in eggs).

Kind of hard not ask about a small child climbing out of your poop shoot.

Maybe thats how Sea Monkey's have babies (when they aren't cryogenically sealed in eggs).

I would really not want to ask then...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Mission control is reporting good news after leaving the monkeys to be on their own for 10 days.

The first generation is now full grown and starting to find permanate homes to defend.

Photos beamed down from Mars this morning:

IMG_7389.jpg

IMG_7388.jpg

IMG_7387.jpg

:lol:

The directons clearly state that you should not change the water. So I suppose no. I am wondering if it would actually hurt. All I would have to do is suck out some old stuff and put some tank water back in.

Mars is an AIO system, the spaceman must clean it for me

In the first test of its kind, researchers exposed the hardy segmented creatures, called "water bears," to the open and harsh vacuum of space, with all its deadly radiation, on a spacecraft in low-Earth orbit. Many of them survived.

The water bears, known formally as tardigrades, have an ability similar to brine shrimp (also known as Sea Monkeys), which are familiar to many children for their ability to come to life after being sent to homes by mail-order. Tardigrades are speck-sized things, less than 1.5 millimeters long. They live on wet lichens and mosses, but when their environment dries out, they just wait for a return of water. They also resist heat, cold and radiation.

Awesome!

I am so sending my monkeys into space. Walmart sells those rocket kits right?

Oh wait... they already are in space, duh, I didn't need a yahoo article to tell me they can survive :D

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - German researchers on Thursday launched a rocket carrying 72 small fish on a brief space flight to study motion sickness.

The cichlids were in an unmanned rocket that blasted off from a launch pad in northern Sweden, said Professor Reinhard Hilbig, who was in charge of the project.

The thumbnail-sized fish were filmed as they swam around weightlessly in small aquariums during the 10-minute space flight.

The German team will now study the video to see if some of the fish swam in circles because that is what fish do when they experience motion sickness, said Hilberg, of the Zoological Institute at the University of Stuttgart.

He said the scientists hope the experiment can help shed light on why some people experience motion sickness while others do not because the mechanisms involved are similar for both fish and humans.

Hilbig said the fish landed safely and appeared to be in good condition.

"They were very happy, I think they want to have another flight," he said.

Cichlids were picked for the experiment because they are sturdy fish who were deemed to have good chances to survive the stress of a space flight.

"Goldfish are a little bit fat and messy, while the cichlid fish is a well-trained, sporty fish with muscles," he said.

"They were very happy, I think they want to have another flight," he said.

:haha:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for a update on the fish in space. This thread is how I keep up to date on the latest advances in the science of space.

I'd love to see what the space fish tank looked like. It'd have to be an awesome all-in one.

When in the zero-gravity-ness of space, what would happen if you removed the walls from the aquarium slowly? would the water float out? Would it stay as a cube at first, and then break apart as the fish swam around? Could the fish then swim right out of the water? Would they be able to "swim" in the oxygen inside the spacecraft (until they died at least)? My mind is blown.

Well luckily my monkeys have figured out the science behind living in space. They do live on mars, which has permitted them a perfect climate to live and build a civilization.

Just in from Mission Control:

FTS.jpg

Monkey1.jpg

Monkey2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
YES! Halloween is done

LMAO I was searching for monkey costumes, because my daughter is in a monkey stage...and that picture came up...I immediatly thought...StevieT!!!