Top Shelf Aquatics

StevieT's Sea Monkeys on Mars Experience

StevieT

I would first like to thank all of those on N-R for getting me this far in the sea monkey hobby. I can't believe how much there is to learn about keeping these wonderful animals. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and I wouldn't have gotten this far without each and every one of you.

As a birthday gift I received the Sea Monkeys® on mars 12 oz AIO aquarium from my brother in Hollywood, CA. It came UPS today and I am so excited to set it up. I know patience is so important in this hobby and I hope I can learn some because I would like instant Sea Monkeys!!!!

Step One:

Per the amazing directions that came with this AIO tank, I added water (RO even though they didn't specify such) and the water conditioner. I am not sure what that does but it has to be more than removing chemicals in the water. I was going to skip it since I am using RO water, but I figured why risk this huge investment I have just made.

Step Two: Wait 24 hours to add the eggs...... well that will be tomorrow and I am not in the office then so we can add those Monday or Sunday if I choose to come in here to work on the inTank business.

Pics as of now:

IMG_4802.jpg

As you can see the tank includes a space man floating around, I don't know what he is doing but I am sure it involves super secret sceintific business

IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

FTS:

IMG_4796.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

i had sea monkies once there sick lol i had a watch that they would go in and come with me everywhere but the tank tiped 1 day whill i was cleening i was pissed btw i was like 4-5

Mission control has reported large populations of sea monkeys on planet white bucketo

We are determining if we should land or now, and right now are in an observation mode.

IMG_8313.jpg

IMG_8315.jpg

IMG_8316.jpg

ahahaahah. this thread is funny.

I just got some ... Sea Monkey eggs ... hatched em in a little pot, and plopped a few ml into my main tank.

Now ... I think they are multiplying and come out only at night ... at least ... I hope these are little sea monkeys ... cause if not, I might have a huge problem with 100s of bugs in my tank...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so mr steviet how many space monkeys would you say spawned during the length of the test? I am very perplexed at the idea of sending sea monkeys to mars and feeding them to fish.

Edited by zjharva
  • 2 weeks later...
Is there a new mission or not? This was my all time favorite thread and I want more monkeys! Please

With the economy tanking and overspending by the government NASA and the sea monkey programs' budget has been cut. We are also competing with overseas Chinese competition that can do rocket building for half the cost. We are pushing for stimulus bailout money that will be funded by China and will bring our overall costs even higher than our competition and there is interest involved. Unfortunately right now the higher ups would rather give to failing banks and campaign donors than sea monkeys which is very sad. But with new lobbying power we are hopeful funding will be restored. It does help to know that our program was liked and we will relay this message to the new president.

Thank you for your support, it is very much appreciated and all of us at the Sea Monkey headquarters would like to express that to you. Aim for the stars and dreams will come true.

patrick1234

I do not support this. The monkeys grow to fast and are becoming to smart soon they may try to take over the human race.

See!!!!!!

untitled-3.jpg