inTank Media Baskets

The Butchered Finnex

masterbuilder

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks seriously awesome!!! Those monti's are going to look crazy when they're all grown up! It will be interesting to see the colour difference over time between the top and the bottom ones :)

Keep up the amazing work :D!

Just so you know, your most recent FTS is now my wallpaper. I'm planning on upgrading my 20H to the 30 gallon M-Tank since 30 gallons is the most I can have in the dorm I move into next fall. So glad to be transferring to a decent school. Moving the tank four times a year makes me nervous, but I love my tank too much to be without it.

I am really glad your tank has recovered from the crash so nicely.

Anything you would do different if you went with the 30 gallon m-tank again?

blizzardscout2

Hey Masterbuilder, how do you glue your Montis in place. I have had a heck of a time getting mine to stay. What kind of glue do you use? Your tank looks spectacular by the way, the aquascaping is amazing! It reminds of me of the rock structures in Cozumel on the wall dives, very cool! B)

Hey Masterbuilder, how do you glue your Montis in place. I have had a heck of a time getting mine to stay. What kind of glue do you use? Your tank looks spectacular by the way, the aquascaping is amazing! It reminds of me of the rock structures in Cozumel on the wall dives, very cool! B)

Use loctite control gel. Only the control gel. It works like a charm on smaller pieces. Bigger pieces it works, but it doesn't stick as well.

masterbuilder
Anything you would do different if you went with the 30 gallon m-tank again?

No…other than I would love LED’s. The KISS method is best for nano tanks

What kind of glue do you use?

I use epoxy putty/superglue (see StevieT’s how to glue thread) for everything. The only thing I do different is once the coral is in place, I take a toothpick and jab/scratch up the exposed putty to look like the surrounding rocks. In a week or so the putty looks just like live rock. You can still pry the corals off the rock if needed but nothing can dislodge it otherwise. I never had much luck using putty or super glue gel alone, but the combo of the two works every time.

Mark

EDIT: Link to StevieT's thread - http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148730

blizzardscout2

I can see already how well it would work. The hardest part is getting a good surface contact on uneven surfaces, the putty solves that problem giving the most surface area bond possible. Thanks man, this will make a tremendous difference. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow what a difference from your old scape to this new one totaly different. How's the mp working out in the tank... I like this new scape more open and flows nice those nukes are cool all across the bottom we'll look foward to more pic's...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about getting a finnex after receiving some quotes for a 15~ gallon rimles tank. What are the dimensions of the display its self if you dont mind me asking.

I've been thinking about getting a finnex after receiving some quotes for a 15~ gallon rimles tank. What are the dimensions of the display its self if you dont mind me asking.

Display is 24X14X16. Overall the tank is 24X18X16.

thanks paleo. I'm really wanting this if I can't get someone to make me a rimless 15g for under 200. with the free stand, its almost calling my name

Archived