SaltCritters.com

Av8ffej's AquaPod 24 150MH

av8ffej

Here is the two month progression! The way the dates fall, it ends up to be nine weeks for the two months... :)

First Day

6-2-08Firstweek.jpg

Week One

Day6lighton.jpg

Week Two

6-15FTS.jpg

Week Three

6_22FTS.jpg

Week Four

6-29-08FTS4.jpg

Week Five

7-6-08FTS1.jpg

Week Six

7-15-08FTS3.jpg

Week Seven

7-20-08FTS.jpg

Week Eight

7-27-08FTS1.jpg

Week Nine - Today

8-4-08FTS1.jpg

That's what I have... I guess from here on out we get to do monthly progressions of FTSs

I'll have some updates later this week I would imagine...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good to see your progression.. gluck with everything

Thanks Ryan! It finally seems like it's going somewhere...

Diggin the progress j. Keep it up!

Thanks FH! I'll keep you posted! Keep cool down there hey?!

I love your tank, especially your fish. Thanks for posting on my thread.

I LOVE those pink zoas!

Thanks B, it's been fun trying to keep it going...

Man, how the hell did I miss this thread??? And, you're even local to me... I SUCK!!! :lol:

Great tank bro!

Thanks David! It's because I haven't talked to you since the airshow discussion on the Seattle thread. Not on your radar.

You're tank is looking great. You have some great pieces. Thanks for dropping in on my thread!

I broke down and bought it! Two months, I've been going into ARSA and staring at it, talking about it, agonizing over it. I'm sure Brad and Rob (owners) are breathing a sigh of relief that they don't have to hear about it anymore.

I bought the red chalice. Here it is....

8-10-08RedChalice1stweek.jpg

And a close up of one of eyes:

8-10-08RedChalicecloseupeye.jpg

Since the tank lights off, I'll have to post those tomorrow when I get home, but I also got a green clove polyp and a blasto. Three really naughty pieces that make me do the happy dance! :happydance:

gulfsurfer101

Hey man, killer rock work. I see that you weren't able to break the cave look for nothing either. I have the same tank and have had the cave thing going on since I set mine up over a year ago. It has been a rref tank, fowlr, and eel house over the time I've had it but now it's back to reef and still got the same cave look it had the first day I set it up. Those are nice frags and I think that acro looks a lot like one I have in my tank. I have a frag just like it and a shot of the mother colony. Check it out and tell me what you think.

• 2 weeks later...
Its been 10 days and no updates. WTH? :o

Yikes! Sorry!! :P I'm in Houston right now, crossing my fingers that everything is ok with the water people back in Seattle. As soon as I get back, I'll do updates on everything, including the loss of the wrasse... Ok, well that was an update. No more wrasse. There one day - not there the next seven. No clue. Nitrates are a bit high (20), but everything else had been fine. Eating like a hors..- ahem- fish and swimming like a champ. I guess he made some hermit crabs a tasty little meal.

No clue. :( I'll be back later this week!

Wrasse found!!!!

I just arrived home this evening to find my tank no worse for the five days of neglect (no surprise there), I'm sure the inhabitants threw little parties that the creepy air breather wasn't screwing with something in there all the time. But that's not the exciting news.

Inspection of the two rear chambers yielded a weak and battle worn wrasse that had managed two weeks in semi-darkness without food! After removing everything from the chambers and some high level negotiations, we got him into the display where he promply found a quiet hole to go recoup. We'll see how things go tomorrow and I'll keep ya posted.

Wow Jeff, I should of checked your tank thread earlier! That Acan and Chalice you have are beautiful, and that Blue-Spotted Jawfish must of cost you a lot. I can't wait to see more Montipora on the rock you are planning!

2.5-3 months and all that coral, your walley must be hurting

I don't even look anymore - it's best that way. The way I figure, I can still eat. :happy:

Wow Jeff, I should of checked your tank thread earlier! That Acan and Chalice you have are beautiful, and that Blue-Spotted Jawfish must of cost you a lot. I can't wait to see more Montipora on the rock you are planning!

Thanks Josh! Always nice to hear the kind words. If the trip down there pays off, we can meet up and get ya some frags... The tank doesn't really look that great right now because of the limbo that I'm living in. I just haven't bothered to fix all of those things to the reef itself because I'm living in the "maybe I'll move next week" zone. As soon as I get settled, I'll get that monti rock (blueberry, orange, green) put together.

The Blue-spot wasn't cheap, but it wasn't off the hook either. $100 He's definately the goofiest charicter out of the bunch! He's a tank favorite of everyone who comes over.

I'll try to post some pics this week.

I'm sorry to those few of you that have been following, that I've been so remis in posting update photos. Life has been a little topsy turvy the past couple of weeks.

My Houston move is off the table for the moment, but the good news to that is that I don't need to pack up all the water family and move them 2600 miles right now.

So I've picked up a few corals, and have a few update shots! Without further ado, here they are!

A Purple Monti to join the Capri family:

8-26-08Montis.jpg

Blueridge coral (right of meat coral)

8-26-08BlueridgeandMeat.jpg

Crazy Bluespot found the light

8-26-08Jawfish.jpg

Clowns continue to change colors on me

8-26-Clown.jpg

And a FTS

8-26-08FTS1.jpg

This pic is a week or so old. I'm going to my LFS this weekend, and will likely return with another addition, so I'll have more pictures this weekend.

Darn, I can't see the pics for some reason :angry:

EDIT: Never mind! I see em :) Diggin the FTS Jeff! loven the monti caps!

Thanks Josh and Lalani! Huge compliments make me feel fluffy! :lol:

Now I just need to learn how to take pictures that are even a fraction as good as yours Lalani! You truely are the master around here. Amazing!

Well, this time it isn't a false alarm. I lost both the jawfish and the wrasse. Not in the back chambers, I mean pale grey stiff on the bottom of the take lost...

This prompted an super emergency 30% water change and rapid response removal of post-mortem fish. I'm saddened, wiser and confounded. The clowns are fine. I didn't get the chance to test the water as I ran headlong into a water change. Before everyone lambastes me for cruel stupidity, I know it was water quality. I just don't what part of the water was low quality. Could have been one of the H's. (That was a bad joke... this is where you laugh.)

Now that I've started this post off with a real downer and an intro lesson to livestock loss, I'll move into the fun part. When I returned to the tank to find two dead fish, I was holding two bags with three new corals. This in and of itself left me with a challenge - do I even think of putting them into the tank? I decided yes after the H2O change, primarily because none of the existing corals showed any sign of danger and the clowns looked and acted just fine.

The new additions? A larger piece - reverse prism favia and two smaller - superman mushroom, and two paly polyps (vivid sunset). Without further ado...

Bad pic of the palys -

9-2-08Palys.jpg

The favia-

9-2-08Favia.jpg

This picture doesn't do one iota of justice to these "superman" mushrooms. The purpleish part is actually a deep maroon -

9-2-08Supershroom.jpg

The green clove is starting to feel at home and opening up. A pretty cool piece really -

9-2-08.jpg

I should skip these FTS's on every post, but I've been including them to give perspective of size. I might just leave the FTS's for a once a monther...

9-2-08FTS.jpg

So that's it. That's the update. I'll play around with my camera and see if I can't get some better quality pictures for everyone. I'm starting to feel like it's just a matter of time before this tank starts to look mature. I can almost see the vision coming out...

Wow nice tank! Too bad about the fish. My clown has made it through everything while other stuff has died and what not.

I just recently put a 250W HQI over my aquapod so I have been looking into some SPS and other light loving coral.

That meat coral is my fav.

Archived