Cultivated Reef

xbwolfx's 30g Cube - PICS 3/21

xbwolfx

Yeah, I hear ya. I just want xmas to be over and done with.

Sweet, are you going to use acrylic or glass for the false wall?

acrylic....although i don't want my crappy extruded acrylic to swell and crack the tank. i'll try to leave a decent gap and fill in with silicone.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that sucks. that's pretty much the continuing theme I've seen. I really wanted to get a buncha chromis for my 50 but not if they're gonna kill each other down the road. But pretty much -everyone- has that happen.

i couldnt tell you exactly how long i've had all the chromis in my tank (probably around six months, maybe longer), but i started with 11, which dropped to 6 within a month or two. they seem to have leveled out and i still have 6. i have noticed a little more agression between them lately, but i think that may have something to do with the fact that i've been feeding less. after the holidays are over i plan to get back to my regular feeding routine. we'll see how the fish react.

• 2 weeks later...

while i was taking pics of my 5.5g, i decided to snap a few of my 30g. these aren't the best and the glass is dirty and i have a minor cyano problem. i didn't intend to update this thread today, so please excuse the mess.

oh yeah, and i just noticed that my mccosker's died. :( i tested everything and all parameters are fine. i have noticed that it looked a bit skinny lately, but it was eating fine. i'm not sure what happened.

photos.

5grocks018.jpg

5grocks019.jpg

5grocks020.jpg

5grocks021.jpg

5grocks022.jpg

5grocks025.jpg

5grocks026.jpg

5grocks028.jpg

Great color, and awesome growth!

Sad about the wrasse. Could have been internal parasites if it was looking thin but still eating.

Great color, and awesome growth!

Sad about the wrasse. Could have been internal parasites if it was looking thin but still eating.

thanks.

i'm pretty bummed about the wrasse. i hope it isn't something i've overlooked. i know that wrasses are kinda big eaters and i don't feed the tank that much, but there should be plenty of pods in the tank for the wrasse. i mean, my clowns are fat and the chromis have grown a lot under my feeding regimen, so it can't be a lack of food. perhaps it was aggression. idk.

Your tank looks awesome! It puts my dirty 30g cube to shame!

thanks. you had cuttlefish, though....so you still win.

You have a tank?

thanks! the glass is hella dirty though...but my crappy camera didn't seem to pick that up much. at least this camera is good for something, lol.

WOW! Your tank is so amazing....love the black sand, really makes the colors pop! I picked up a flasher today i hope mine makes it they are such pretty fish sorry to hear yours didn't make it! Your growth is amazing....makes me want to go to a 250w instead of this 150w!

Archived