Top Shelf Aquatics

Wawawang's 40 Breeder from an AP12

Wawawang

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you put this on a coffee mug or a t-shirt ASAP and send it to me B) ? Way sweet of a picture. Keep them coming.

:) ill probably take a new FTS this weekend after i move the new corals into place.

Wow thats one of the bluest lights I have ever seen

Yes the powerbrites are extremely blue. really brings out the fluorescent in the corals like ive never seen.

here is a little comparison with growth and the addition of the powerbrites added in the front of the tank.

before

IMG_0736.jpg

after

IMG_1766.jpg

So the Powerbrites you selected were the "460nm"? Are you running two of those or just one? Tank looks great by the way.

Yes I have 2 460nm powerbrites. It takes 2 to cover the whole front of the 40 breeder.

Can you snap a pic of how you have the LEDs mounted. Also, did you remove your sandbed?

I have half of the standard glass lid sitting on top of the front of the tank and the powerbrites are just thrown on top of that. I Removed most of my sand. Im running a shallow sandbed and in certain spots will show glass because of high flow.

Few pics i took tonight taht id like to share with you guys.

Green duncans that sit directly under powerbrite LED

IMG_1783.jpg

red planet frag

IMG_1805.jpg

birdsnest

IMG_1819.jpg

color has improved on my new frogspawn

IMG_1795.jpg

latest fts 09-29-09

IMG_1831.jpg

Thunderstruck34

holy wow... I've been kinda "lurking" on your thread for awhile getting ideas and such for my own breeder and after seeing how much your tank has progressed I must finally post and say... GOOD JOB YOUR TANK IS AWESOME!

holy wow... I've been kinda "lurking" on your thread for awhile getting ideas and such for my own breeder and after seeing how much your tank has progressed I must finally post and say... GOOD JOB YOUR TANK IS AWESOME!

Thanks. Im trying to keep up on the monthly pics its really nice to be able to see it evolve. Im noticing im starting to move towards corals with movement. Looking for a dendro and a neon torch everytime i go to the LFS.

Thunderstruck34

Just picked up a dendro at a frag swap a week ago! love it, awesome coral. I wish I would have taken more pictures when I just started to document growth and such. Do you dose anything for your tank?

Just picked up a dendro at a frag swap a week ago! love it, awesome coral. I wish I would have taken more pictures when I just started to document growth and such. Do you dose anything for your tank?

yes. I dose bulkreefsupply 2part, Kent tech m, reef plus and reef trace by seachem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. Here is my monthly progression 12-06-2009 FTS. Enjoy

IMG_2230.jpg

\

Incredibly beautiful. Probably the most colorful tank on this site. Which colony is your favorite?

That's a tuff one. Id say my Steve's blue tort. its just a beautiful piece. Ive never seen anything like it. here is an older pic of it. its gotten deeper blue.

IMG_1400.jpg

That's a tuff one. Id say my Steve's blue tort. its just a beautiful piece. Ive never seen anything like it. here is an older pic of it. its gotten deeper blue.

IMG_1400.jpg

I have a piece very much like it! You know, except not as large and not quite as nice a color, but similar. Great shot and love the FTS.

Archived