Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wawawang's 40 Breeder from an AP12

Wawawang

Hi there, are you happy with the light change? I'm currently trying to choose a light for a 40 breeder, I was looking at that aquactinics fixture (vs aquactinics powermodule which I cannot figure out how I'd hang, plus the whole tank theme is black).

Interested to know your thought about your new fixture. Thanks!

Linina

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi there, are you happy with the light change? I'm currently trying to choose a light for a 40 breeder, I was looking at that aquactinics fixture (vs aquactinics powermodule which I cannot figure out how I'd hang, plus the whole tank theme is black).

Interested to know your thought about your new fixture. Thanks!

Linina

I'm very much enjoying the lights. Much better than the outer orbit I had before. It's a big improment I now can have sps everywhere. Growth has been great so far. Really nothing bad about it besides it's missing the shimmer effect.it's also only 10lbs.

• 3 weeks later...

My solution to needing more display space. I removed the black background and made it displayable from all sides. Moved the rock work 4 inches to the front of the tank.

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Its so colorful and im a fan of the island rockscape

Beautiful tank :)

Thanks agileTuan. Your aquascape on your 40 is sweet also. Congrats on 1 year.

Beautiful, beautiful tank.

What bulbs do you have in your T5HO fixture?

Do you like the ones you have or would you change some?

What kind of difference are you seeing in the corals after changing fixtures?

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful, beautiful tank.

What bulbs do you have in your T5HO fixture?

Do you like the ones you have or would you change some?

What kind of difference are you seeing in the corals after changing fixtures?

Thanks guys.

The bulbs I have in the fixture:

In this order:

Front to back

ATI Blue Special

ATI Actinic Blue

Fiji Purple

ATI Blue Special

ATI Blue Plus

This bulb setup is very close in color to reeflux 12k MH bulbs I have seen on tanks. I have alot of growth in this configuration of bulbs and when these expire I will probably replace one of the blue specials with a blue plus just to make it slightly bluer with slightly less growth. And the differances are my orange, red, purples, blues, and greens. They all seemed to have lightened up so they look more vibrant then ever.

Was bored and messed around with the camera. Enjoy

Left tank shot

DSCF0017-8.jpg

Green birdsnest

DSCF0014-3.jpg

Ricordia

DSCF0002-4.jpg

Bonzia, fire and ice zoos, superman monti, orannge green acans.

DSCF0007-4.jpg

I was able to get my hands on a Canon 20d. This is the closest Ive gotten to the real life colors of corals with any camera. Camera settings: AV mode, aperture 13, iso 100, shutter speed ranged from 4 to 20, raw format. Converted to jpg using sRGB and darkened the images just a tad. Thanks for looking.

5555.jpg

40404040.jpg

36363636.jpg

28282828.jpg

25252525.jpg

12121212.jpg

34343434.jpg

35353535.jpg

16161616.jpg

15151515.jpg

39393939.jpg

• 1 month later...

how much sand and rock in the display? im setting up a 30 breeder and trying to figure out how much sand i should use.

oh and tank looks very nice

how much sand and rock in the display? im setting up a 30 breeder and trying to figure out how much sand i should use.

oh and tank looks very nice

Thanks. I have a shallow sand bed. Its .25- 1inch in certain parts of the tank. I have probably 35-40 lbs in the display and another 10-15 in my sump/fuge area.

• 4 weeks later...
Tank looks amazing! what do you feed your corals? :)

Thanks. I dose amino acids. I use reef plus 2x week. I used to dose DT Phyto and rotifers but i stopped that a couple months back and havent noticed a difference. Colors stayed the same. I think i may try stopping amino acids just to see if ill notice a difference.

OH cool! Are you still going to keep on dosing the tank with reef plus? What is that yellow leather coral? Is it a bush coral or a carnation? Do you do speacial feedings for it? Do you feed it every day? :D

I wish my LFS had all different kinds of sps like yours?

Archived