Top Shelf Aquatics

Wawawang's 40 Breeder from an AP12

Wawawang

OH cool! Are you still going to keep on dosing the tank with reef plus? What is that yellow leather coral? Is it a bush coral or a carnation? Do you do speacial feedings for it? Do you feed it every day? :D

I wish my LFS had all different kinds of sps like yours?

That yellow coral is actually a yellow fiji leather, very easy to care for and no feeding. I actual don't feed any of my corals(lazy) and i dont want to introduce more nutrients. At the moment i feel like my tank has too much nutrients so im going to cut back on feeding and amino acids. I have a detritus bloom on my sand bed every day, the cuc cleans it up by the end of the day but it comes back everyday. I just setup a DIY phosban reactor so hopefully that helps.

Half the stuff i have is from locals from my reef club. The other stuff I got from people from NR and a few local fish stores(expensive).

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have some fresh pics for you guys. Tank is maturing nicely. Dosing 160 ML of calcium and 140 ML of Alk daily of bulk reef supple 2 part. Thanks for looking

9f5d50ed.jpg

f32206e3.jpg

2eaebe92.jpg

Thanks guys. It feels good to see my tank mature. All the hard work is paying off.

Really nice growth. Did you add the koralia to cover dead spots or is the Vortech MP20 enough for that size tank alone?

Thanks. I added a koralia 2 to the back since i made my tank viewable from all sides. The vortech was setup to blow across the front of the display. Now that i have the back viewable i started to add sps and the flow wasn't enough back there and the sps was suffering from that.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again guys.

I thought aquascaping was enjoyable but now that im in the coralscaping stage its really cool. Getting the right color spread, textures, patterns.

I find a lot of hobbiest tend to focus on individual pieces(crazy actinic macro shot of one amazing LE piece) while there entire setup(FTS) is lacking. My goal is to make it look colorful like a rainbow and to not focus on individual pieces(macro shots) but the overall look of the tank(FTS) and to make it look like a beautiful display in my living room for me and my guests to enjoy.

I have noticed that there are alot of beautiful green variants that really make the tank glow under my T5's. Most of my pieces are not limited edition crazy expensive pieces but common pieces that contributed to the overall coralscape. so far the pieces that make a great impact on people who view my tank are the large common green birdsnest, common pink milli, common pink birdsnest, neon green finger leather, common orange digi, common green digi, and a red brain.

Thanks again for looking.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the positive comments. I had some gsp and xenia popping up on parts of the rocks so i promptly put epoxy on them. Cant let those get out of control ive seen gsp and xenia literally take over entire rocks taking down sps with it. Had a reef club meeting sunday and scored some sweet trades. Watermelon chalice, acan lords, tri color. Ill try to get pics asap.

Wow your tank looks amazing! What is your bulb combination? I have 3 ATI blue + 1 superactinic + 2 ATI procolor.

Thanks

2 blue special

1 blue plus

1 fiji purple

1 superactinic

Holy SPS bat man! That's awesome. I loved slowly scrolling down and watching everything growing at an insane pace in your fts. I agree, TOTM.

Archived