Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

i dont think it'd be as much movement. Jmo tho.

i heard that if you put the PH's on the top and face them both towards the middle that the flow will cover the whole tank and not have any dead spots..do you agree?

They'll host anythin I tell ya mitch! The pair I used to have would host mag floats and stuff!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason, I totally agree, that's how my flow is set up, I do have dead spots where detritus collects but that's because the rocks and corals block some of the flow. But suprisingly hte flow is enough to keep detritus from pooling under the rocks which is great!

Ok so today was the PBMAS frag swap it was a blast, lots of really nice corals.

I purchased:

Blue Acropora abroholensis $15 3"

Green millie $15 3"

Garf Bonsai $50 1"

Green base orange polyp digi $15 Fully incrusted 3 1" branches

Red Planet acro $30 1"

PD Palys $7 yes, only $7 for two polyps, the guy wanted all his frags gone and I had already bought the red planet so he gave me a deal as I was walking out the door to leave.

I sold everything I brought but a yuma! i spent $35 more than I made......and wish I would've had enough $$$$ to buy the tyree pink lemonade and ORA roscoes I saw and wanted so bad! But that would've been like $100 more.

I'll post pics tomorrow, everything is so damn happy for only being in the tank MOUNTED in their places for an hour or so. The mille and abroholensis have insane PE and the abroholensis is my new favorite coral.

nice, I really like royal grammas

Thanks, I just took pics of the new stuff, but some were too blurry so I have to retake them.

FTS as of 1/26/09

P1010461.jpg

Puprle Deaths

P1010467.jpg

Now I need some nukes. These things are bright purple. I love em' :)

Green Base Red Polyped Digi

P1010462.jpg

The base is whiteish right now but according to the VP of PBMAS the it goes the greener it gets. It was very close to the surface under 250W Radiums in his tank so that's why it lost its color.

Blue Acropora Abroholensis

P1010463.jpg

This thing looks jst like a millie but once it starts to branch out it has some crazy growth patterns, can't wait for this one to grow out! :) Won't be long either was told in the right conditions it'll grow faster then a cap! :o

That's all for now! More to come.....

You got ya some nice acros there Nick...and the PD's are sweet....I love those, but don't dare....not in my zoanthanator tank....

You got ya some nice acros there Nick...and the PD's are sweet....I love those, but don't dare....not in my zoanthanator tank....

Thanks, why can't you have zoanthids? Fish eat them, sps beat the chit out of them, or plain bad luck? Pd's are near impossible to kill.

amazing Armor of Gods, thanks from the swap. did u get anything there? good meeting you and lilredneckman

Still opening up

DSC_1389.jpg

Glad you are happy with the AOGs. They look pretty good. I did get a few new things, look at the pics in the first post on this page and in the last post on the page before this one. That is the new corals.

thanks, that pic is from yesterday right after the swap.

today they are open and thriving.

nice red planet, btw!

Thanks, yeah once the aogs get in a stable tank tehy open right up. Suprised you were as youang as you were too! it was nice seeing so many junior reefers there. :)

just saw you got some purple deaths...did u get them from keith or the person that was right next to the entrance. Looks like the person to the entrance, they did the sort of thing where they split the frag disk. got a 3-polyp one as well, we gonna have some nice eye candy from that swap!!!

alot of my corals have to color up. seemed to me that a few of the places there had some browned out frags, but im sure theyll color up.

good to see junior reefers rocking the scene as well, me and the kid I was with(daffydanny), are probably gonna set up a tank at the FMAS swap in March.

just saw you got some purple deaths...did u get them from keith or the person that was right next to the entrance. Looks like the person to the entrance, they did the sort of thing where they split the frag disk. got a 3-polyp one as well, we gonna have some nice eye candy from that swap!!!

alot of my corals have to color up. seemed to me that a few of the places there had some browned out frags, but im sure theyll color up.

good to see junior reefers rocking the scene as well, me and the kid I was with(daffydanny), are probably gonna set up a tank at the FMAS swap in March.

I got them from Paul who was right by the door and also had the red planet I reserved a week in advance. his screen name on PBMAS is Kubi. Therre was another junior reefer aaron whoes scrrenname on pbmas is martinreefer he got a hammer frag from me. I'm deffinatly trying to go to FMAS but I have no frags left! I'm not going through setting up a table again either. Just brining bags next time like Mike, rob, and keith. I can't stop staring at the blue abroholensis, that think should be called the sasquatch acro! it's so fuzzy, even fuzzier than the millie. Hopefully I'll still have room come time for FMAS. Getting tort and superman from mitchreef so i need room for them. If mike is at FMAS I want some pink lemonade from him that was nice but expensive.

most definitely, i pm'ed him in advance about the pink lemonade, and i thought $70 was a bit much. Didn't like how keith and mike packaged their corals with such little water, though.

there was one guy selling off chaeto and caulerpa like CRAZY. must've sold $5 bags every few minutes, everyone came to him. gonna just bring a bag of chaeto next time.

I dunno what it is with my tank and Zoas...I had a dedicated pico 2 1/2 gallon zoa garden before I set up the mixed reef...they were doing well....not great, but all were spreading and growing...never had an issue...I moved them all over to the mixed reef and they never close up or melt or anything, they just start getting smaller and smaller...they finally end up like 2 millimeters across...they're still there, they are just teeny tiny and not spreading...I wonder if I am just skimming too heavily or something...I have no problems with any SPS or LPS, but just lowly zoas....dunno...I have shrunk some really nice ones too...

I had a swap Sunday as well. Got a bunch of stuff and will post pics once I'm actually home when the lights are on. I got a 15 polyp of PD for $15 for a friend. It was towards the end so they wanted to get rid of it. I would have kept them but already have 2 frags. Got some Nukes and they are awesome! Also got a Superman Monti frag and mandarian zoa combo (from marvs reef), some sps I got for free, I think it was a purple tip acro, an alien gooster chalice (or something like that), aogs for $10, a couple acans and others.

I guess I gotta get to some of these frag swaps...we have a frag auction every quarter for our club meeting, but nothing like that....well, in retrospect, I've gotten some psycho good deals there too!!!

most definitely, i pm'ed him in advance about the pink lemonade, and i thought $70 was a bit much. Didn't like how keith and mike packaged their corals with such little water, though.

The little water worked out for me, I had a cooler full of stuff we bought and the gaf fell over a few times and still stayed submerged, plus acros can be out of water for close to an hour.

I dunno what it is with my tank and Zoas...I had a dedicated pico 2 1/2 gallon zoa garden before I set up the mixed reef...they were doing well....not great, but all were spreading and growing...never had an issue...I moved them all over to the mixed reef and they never close up or melt or anything, they just start getting smaller and smaller...they finally end up like 2 millimeters across...they're still there, they are just teeny tiny and not spreading...I wonder if I am just skimming too heavily or something...I have no problems with any SPS or LPS, but just lowly zoas....dunno...I have shrunk some really nice ones too...

Strange......

I guess I gotta get to some of these frag swaps...we have a frag auction every quarter for our club meeting, but nothing like that....well, in retrospect, I've gotten some psycho good deals there too!!!

You do, next one we have for PBMAS you should come to, or the FMAS in march but that's in Miami Ft. Lauderdale area and is probably 100x better than the PBMAS from what I've heard.

Nice frags ya gotz there Nick! was an awesome time..nice to meet you and Josh too..I got there at 2 and most of your stuff was already gone lolz..maybe next time :P

I got alot of cool zoas and rics from the reef gardner and zoas from everywhere, i don't even remeber lol

Looks good nick, those are some nice corals!

Thanks Christel!

Nice frags ya gotz there Nick! was an awesome time..nice to meet you and Josh too..I got there at 2 and most of your stuff was already gone lolz..maybe next time :P

I got alot of cool zoas and rics from the reef gardner and zoas from everywhere, i don't even remeber lol

Thanks, for the first hour or so we had our hands constantly in the tank getting corals for customers, it was insane. I'd walk away to look what rob had them my dad would call me over as soon as I took a few steps. Morgan had some really nice stuff but the rics i wanted were overpriced, I could get the same thing for like $5 at aquatic life in stuart.

Well went to Oceans Below for the normal weekley trip for R.O. water and well Rob had a surhasoni frag left over from the swap I wanted. I noticed I had a visa gift card from x-mas and spent that $25 on the frag and water. It's got 3 branches and is a nice pale green but should turn mint green of neon yellow only time will tell. The digi I got has also started to color up well seeing the green coming out in the base. Pics tomorrow, lights just went out as I glued the acro down.

Sweet Nick....My new suharsonoi is the first coral my eyes fall on when I look across the room at the tank...that thing is like INSANE neon green....

Archived