Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

kk, see ya sunday nick. hey, question. now that youve gone bare bottom, do you have any plans to have something grow on the bottom to cover up the glass?

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kk, see ya sunday nick. hey, question. now that youve gone bare bottom, do you have any plans to have something grow on the bottom to cover up the glass?

Corline!!!!!!

Well I picked up a new phish last night when I went to get ro water at the LFS.

P1010383-1.jpg

I nice little royal gramma, they had a blackcap I wanted but it looked a little beat up and the royal gramma was $17 less. I'll get pics of him/her in the tank once she decideds to come out of it's lair under the rocks on the left side.

Very pretty fish...how are they? I don't know much about grammas...

Cheap, hardy, and will eat anything. I'd call them semi-agressive, they will defend their cave or ledge with their life, but won't go and attack a fish for no reason. Their very much like jawfish in their personallity, very inquisitive. They're pretty much a jawfish that hides under a ledge or in a cave not in a burrow is the best way to describe them.

Edit: they also swim upside down alot like assesors. Mine won't swim right side up under the rocks but when it was out in the open it swam right side up.

Well the royal gramma is eating rod's like a champ and has moved to the ledge on the right side where I can she her better, still can't get a pic cause she lays right behind the prism favia and all I get is the favia in pics.

Sounds like a great fish, but I have a really easy going wandering ledge fish already, so I would steer away from a Gramma for now...And my ledge fish swims upside-down ALWAYS...it's a pretty rare one...Priolepis ascensionis...Ascension Goby...I've posted for others who have them and come up with EXTREMELY few in the hobby...Here is Dizzy...with his Porcelain friend...

IMG_0280.jpg

Having seen this tank in person, I must say, I like it much better without the sand. Nick, that gramma is nice, I'll have to see him/her swimming next time i come over (when i pick up that hammer from ya)

The zoos are doing well, and your old emerald crab has decided to hose in and among the massive amounts of xenia in the frag tank (HAHAHA)

Having seen this tank in person, I must say, I like it much better without the sand. Nick, that gramma is nice, I'll have to see him/her swimming next time i come over (when i pick up that hammer from ya)

The zoos are doing well, and your old emerald crab has decided to hose in and among the massive amounts of xenia in the frag tank (HAHAHA)

Thanks, I just got done doing the weekley maintenance stuff like cleaning the glass and korilias, and doing a water change. And man was the gramma active while I had my hand in the tank. Swimming all over checkin' me out. If the water clears up before lights out I'll take some pics. Everything has colored up nicely after fading so I'm pretty happy about that and the sunset just keeps growing and growing.

SUNSET PICTURE!!!!!!

TOMORROW!!! I took a few pics already but i can't load them on my computer cause it's retarded and won't load photobucket so i have to use my dad's laptop and he's on it.

so make him get off, REEF RELATED BUSINESS ONLY :P:P:P:P HAHA.
Like...chu...yeah....

Knowing him he was looking at coralz on ebay!

well, thats a reef related activity. i wish my dad wasn't so dumb when it comes to tanks, he thinks they are stupid and not a good wayto spend my hard earned money, well, it's my money and I'll do what I want to :)

well, thats a reef related activity. i wish my dad wasn't so dumb when it comes to tanks, he thinks they are stupid and not a good wayto spend my hard earned money, well, it's my money and I'll do what I want to :)

Sounds famailer to me too....

Fts

P1010396-1.jpg

Phishies

P1010398.jpg

P1010399-1.jpg

P1010401.jpg

P1010402-1.jpg

I tried to take some top downs but this is all I got.......

P1010404-1.jpg

P1010405.jpg

Yep the clown wouldn't move, he just followed the camera thinking it might feed him I guess.

Sunset

P1010403-1.jpg

Your sunset is encrusting great...a bit bleached out, bit it will come back to color I imagine...give it a few months and it should make the swing...when I got my Appleberry Monti it turned nasty mud brown and stayed that way for like 6 months....then one day it started getting greener....and now I have this...

IMG_0403.jpg

It's greener than that in person, but still not where it needs to be...

And this is your Sunset Frag's twin....

IMG_0404.jpg

It's at least 12 inches from the galss, but where my Maxi-mod is I can't take pictures of that end of the frag shelf....

yeah mitch it got a little bleached when I took the rocks out and had everything on racks, well everything did. It has ton's more color than before though.

Nice pics Nick! You've probably mentioned this already but it has been a while since I've looked through your thread.... but what made you get rid of the sand?

And THANKS for all the help with my brain coral I appreciate it!

Nice pics Nick! You've probably mentioned this already but it has been a while since I've looked through your thread.... but what made you get rid of the sand?

And THANKS for all the help with my brain coral I appreciate it!

The flow was just making a sandstorm of it and since my yasha died of old age I thought I'd take out the sand. And after doing so I'm never keeping a tank with sand again, all i doo is siphon detritus once a week.

And np on the brain, glad i could help.

Archived