SaltCritters.com

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef
Are you gonna post on here to see who's better? That would be cool. Oh yeah, I'll take bribes now!!

Yep! No bribes, I better tell redneckman that so he doesn't cheat. lol!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilredneckman
Are you gonna post on here to see who's better? That would be cool. Oh yeah, I'll take bribes now!!

Bribes uhh well your sig sure looks awesome!!!!!! And so does your tank!!!!

Yep! No bribes, I better tell redneckman that so he doesn't cheat. lol!

You diddnt just hear that! But yeah i need to gather about 50 bucks so we can start this thing. Lets make it so we HAVE to cycle for a month.

Bribes uhh well your sig sure looks awesome!!!!!! And so does your tank!!!!

You diddnt just hear that! But yeah i need to gather about 50 bucks so we can start this thing. Lets make it so we HAVE to cycle for a month.

I'm gonna beat BOTH of yous!!!

I'm just waiting for my mini 7.5w heater to show up at my house on Thurs. and then I'm gonna set up my vase pico. I'm just taking little stuff from my other tanks, so it'll already be cycled from the start.

lilredneckman
I'm gonna beat BOTH of yous!!!

I'm just waiting for my mini 7.5w heater to show up at my house on Thurs. and then I'm gonna set up my vase pico. I'm just taking little stuff from my other tanks, so it'll already be cycled from the start.

Well see weeite! ;)

Nick's Reef

That's bs as soon as i'm cycled I'm puting stuff in!

btw: I think weetie might win, she's got to many nice corals to put in her pico and she won't have to pay a penney for em'. I'm gonna be spend a fourtune on aussie acan frags! good thing there's a lfs around here that sells em' for cheap!

Nick's Reef
Nice pics!!! About how ofter are they out compared to hiding in the rocks?

They're out from the time the lights come on to the time the lights go out. And in the pic where it's only one goby the other isn't in the burrow she's just out of the view of the camera. I mean sometimes they'll go up above the pink palys and just hover and wait for pods of something to drift by and eat it. The pellets i feed them float sometimes and thet'll come right to the surface and snatch them up. my point is they're not shy at all!:D

Nick's Reef

Well scratch the idea of me doing a vase pico! The cost just to get started is crazy for such a small tank, the vase alone is $20! I'm going to save my money and but some corals or a sunpod! :D

lilredneckman
Well scratch the idea of me doing a vase pico! The cost just to get started is crazy for such a small tank, the vase alone is $20! I'm going to save my money and but some corals or a sunpod! :D

Ahh go figure you always back out. Lets see about the cost

20$ vase

12$ Red Sea Pico HOB

15$light

10$for rock

Total: $57... not much

Ah man! I was looking forward to a competition. Is lilredneckman still doing one?

I may but right now i have no money.

What kind of light were you planning on using? I was looking forward for a tank competition. Sooo, I was thinking how about a 24 gallon Aquapod competition? We could start the thread to see who want's in and they let people vote. What do you think? Cool or Stupid?

Nick's Reef
What kind of light were you planning on using? I was looking forward for a tank competition. Sooo, I was thinking how about a 24 gallon Aquapod competition? We could start the thread to see who want's in and they let people vote. What do you think? Cool or Stupid?

Sounds good, but we'd have to have different catagories, like pc's, t5's, led, mh, mh and t5 so that no one would win due to their lighting.

Ok. I want to hear what others have to say, like lilredneckman. We could always just do heads up and have people keep the age and type on lighting in their mind when voting. Let me know and I'll start it, maybe tomorrow.

Nick's Reef
Ok. I want to hear what others have to say, like lilredneckman. We could always just do heads up and have people keep the age and type on lighting in their mind when voting. Let me know and I'll start it, maybe tomorrow.

Awesome, hopefully tommorow I'll have some new additions also, if i can get a ride to the lfs. :D

So your saying I should go with it tomorrow? I'll give it like 5 days to a week and see who wants in. And if I have a lot of people, we can catagozize by lighting. Also we can have everyone post a fts and 2 or 3 "other" shots. If you all think it sounds good I'll start it tomorrow.

lilredneckman

I think its a great idea! To bad i cant get in on it. I definitely think you should some how have it categorized by lighting. I don't know how really but i think it would be cool.

Nick's Reef
So your saying I should go with it tomorrow? I'll give it like 5 days to a week and see who wants in. And if I have a lot of people, we can catagozize by lighting. Also we can have everyone post a fts and 2 or 3 "other" shots. If you all think it sounds good I'll start it tomorrow.

No I'd start a thread to see who wants in the competition, then after a week start a thread for the competitition. As for the pics that sounds good and it should be pics of something in your tank that really stands out, like my yashas! :D

Oh I forgot you have a rsm. Sorry. You can still vote though. How do the voting posts work on here?

No I'd start a thread to see who wants in the competition, then after a week start a thread for the competitition. As for the pics that sounds good and it should be pics of something in your tank that really stands out, like my yashas! :D

Ok I'll start one now. Your Yashas would count!!!

Nick's Reef
How do the voting posts work on here?

Ok I'll start one now. Your Yashas would count!!!

Sounds good, as soon as you get the real copetition going i'll try to help you get the poll going. :D i'm so excited, i love copetition!

Archived