Innovative Marine Aquariums

>GioReef's BC14 <

GioReef

So i got a shipment of corals online and it arrived today. A candy cane frag and an open brain coral.

This is the brain, it is not fully opened because of the stress, will get another picture tomorrow when it opens.

post-33553-1232841474_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been forever since i updated! My tank has really gone in slow-mo and i only have the goby by himself because i sold the wrasse to an lfs. Next week i will receive an order of a pistol shrimp and a true percula. Can't wait. I will get an updated picture soon.

nanoreef11
Don't get too excited because the tank is not as good as it used to be. No more zoas or hammer coral. :(

Oh what happened?

I didn't really pay attention to it for about 2 months. First i had surgery and couldn't do anything for a month or more. Then i had to study for finals for school during May and so it kind of dropped. But nothing major, just zoas not doing too good and hammer that died-it was already going down before though.

nanoreef11
I didn't really pay attention to it for about 2 months. First i had surgery and couldn't do anything for a month or more. Then i had to study for finals for school during May and so it kind of dropped. But nothing major, just zoas not doing too good and hammer that died-it was already going down before though.

Oh that's really too bad. I want to get a hammer coral.

I got my shipment!

-True Percula Clown

-1 Emerald Crab

-2 Snails

-1 Candy stripe pistol

I'll get pictures when i get a camera. Mine died and i need to buy a new one.

Everything is doing great but the pistol is nowhere to be seen, i think my ywg might have eaten him because the pistol was very very tiny and the ywg had been living in the tank by himself for a long time and was territorial.

nanoreef11

Wanna race to see who gets pics up first?

I just rescaped my tank last night. Check it out in my sig.

Nice Scape... although that very top rock would look better a little lower to the left imho.

I was about to buy a camera today at Best Buy but they were all sold out. Next time.

nanoreef11
Nice Scape... although that very top rock would look better a little lower to the left imho.

I was about to buy a camera today at Best Buy but they were all sold out. Next time.

Thanks for looking GioReef. What kind of camera were you going to buy? DSLR?? :D

So top rock a little lower to the left. I'll see haha.

Ya stock lighting.

I ended up finding the camera at another store. It is a p&s canon powershot sd790is.

I still have to get the settings down.LOL

These are some photos...

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

And movie...

th_MVI_0117.jpg

I love ordering from Vivid aquariums. They have everything in stock and their quality is amazing. They are located in california so the shipping to my house is on the cheap side.

• 3 weeks later...

So i rescaped and i like it much better now. I still don't know what to do with the bottom right rock(Would like to make it a ric or zoa/gsp garden). I got a huge 2 head frogspawn for my wc percula. He has started to rub against it already! Time will tell what happens. Here is a picture update... Sry about the dead hammer in the center. It was going down and then those 2 months were I couldn't do any maintenance just finished it. There is a small little head left.

Oh the corals aren't bleached... my camera settings were off.

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

And a video

th_MVI_0328.jpg

• 1 month later...

So everything is just progressing in my tank! Had some problem with a saltmix (Seachem Reef) but then i did several wc with rc and that fixed it. Everything healthy again.

The frogspawn is getting bigger and the clown is biting my fingers all the time.LOL

I might get some pictures up in these next days.

2,000 POSTS omgomgomg

Archived