Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

>GioReef's BC14 <

GioReef

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

nice tank getting mine tomaro and just set up my 10 gal today :happy: . can you fix the rock on the top right ? (im picky) :P lol jk its your tank do what you want.

Also if i didn't mention... i don't have 2 clowns anymore. I took one back cause they were killing eachother and i didn't want to have problems. Seriously they were scarring eachother. So now the wrasse is in and is great. No fighting whatsoever.

It does get pretty hot. The temp never gets higher than 81 though. Now the thing i do is... keep the feeding lid open like 1/2 inch with a pic of wood and that keeps the temps more stable.

buckeyes2k7

I set up my biocube not directly under a vent, but near one. In the summertime, the a/c keeps my tank cool, in the winter, the heat keeps my tank warm. Works out pretty good for me, except now I have a mh fixture that might add a bit more heat, but we will see.

Today was the official day that my wrasse ate his fill since i got him. He ate 1/2 of a prime reef flake. The people who have that food know that the flakes are massive. All the other days he was just eating mysis but only 2 or 3. Now he eats like a pig. He has the best personality ever. When i go to feed he waits for more... then after the lights are out, he goes to hide. LOL 2 different aspects in one fish... that's why they are cool.

I finally might be getting an RO/DI unit from ebay in these next 2 weeks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a super cool pom pom crab. He was $15 and has both his anemones. They are both whitish-grey.COOL

He went to the rock work and then found a cave. He hasn't gotten out since...but i can see him in the cave. The cool thing is after i acclimated him, i got him with my hands and he just climbed on.

I still don't have any other corals... i wanted to get a super awesome orange plate coral but it was $60! So i didn't get anything. I will just wait and take it slow.

Ya i am not in a hurry so i wait till i get good deals.

Yeah, I just set up a new Red Sea Max, it's hard to be patient. :) But you are doing a good job of taking it slow.

Hey NR Man

Nice tank. Love the aquascaping. Your'e not afraid the wrasse will outgrow the tank? I was debating getting one, that or a clownfish Just have 2 ycg right now and the cuc. Waiting for store to get peppermint shrimp (aiptasia overload). You still keeping freshwater fish?

Yes i still have FW. I have a Vieja Synspilum that is 12 inches... No i don't worry about the wrasse but if he gets really big i will make another tank. I might probably upgrade in the near future...1-2 years. I am having a problem with heat. I tryed keeping the lid open but it is still at 83! Any suggestions that are easy and good. BTW, what store are you waiting for? Cause i go to Southwest Saltwater, Majestic, Petland (For equipment), and sometimes to Oasis and i want a Pep for some aiptasia but i am scared the clown will kill it like he did to the cleaner shrimp...:(

I stopped having angels like 2 years ago cause i saw the vieja at the store... but i still love breeding angels.

Hey Nano-reef man

I was reading your thread and noticed you are from tucson. I am moving there in about 3 weeks to start school. Are there good local fish stores? I am debating whether or not to buy live rock before i come (since I am starting a 20 gal when i get there to go along with my BC14) or to get it there. I can get decent fiji LR for about $5 a pound here in oklahoma city. Is there a place to get it there cheaper? Sorry for hijacking the thread. I do like your tank, though. I am thinking about getting a six line wrasse eventually for my new tank and I am happy to see one doing well in yours.

NR Man

Wow, big fish!! I've got the 80g and will be ordering in some angels, I just love the calmness.

I'm waiting on Petco. I've only dealt with SWSW, real *friendly* place. not. LOL. I buy my gear online, much cheaper. Petland too pricey and I've noticed they have nothing (bwy one at any rate). Even with their discount coupons. Been to Majestic once, back with the jbj12g tank.

I'm using the dual AquaTek fans (topless tank w/70w sunpod), but I've seen them keeping the tanks open at SWSW. If you worry about jumpers, use eggcrate. How long your lites on for? I've got mine timed for 8 hrs (1pm-9pm). Chillers are too spendy ...cost more for chiller than for the tank set up in my book...I can't justify that. Am hoping the fans will help. I worry about my freshwater tanks as well. I do shut heaters off during the summer. My place NEVER really gets cold. What wattage are you using and have you lowered the setting on it?

Ok i actually got my fiji lr at petland. $3/lb! ery good pricing and very good quality. Ya i take my heaters off my tanks as well in the summer. My lights are on for 8 1/2 hours. Ya i don't want to get a chiller for the same reason as you.

As for you colb, the petstores here arent really that good. But phoenix has some great ones. I think the best in tucson is SWSW but the corals are too expensive there.

Archived