SaltCritters.com

>GioReef's BC14 <

GioReef

Ah the BWY one doesnt have LR and a crappy selection of fish and products imho.

Two other NR's are in town that I'm aware of, don't think they've got chillers either. Both have 24gAP.

You go to frag meets here? I work Sundays so haven't gotten to one yet, but heard prices on corals are nice. Anytime I've asked at SWSW their frags are 20.00. Supposedly on Tuesdays or such they may have smaller affordable pieces.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't go to meets... but i should. The tank got up to 85 today. Tommorrow the air conditioning gets turned on and will go to 75 in home i hope..

I use the one with the green marking on it, suction cup jobbie, has always been right at the top of the green, till I got the fan set up last nite.

I've had my a/c on for weeks now, but house is 78 or so. My light doesnt help the tank temp at all. If gets too hot, could always float ro cubes, lol.

Ya i have a traditional glass thermometer too.

I don't have an ato so i would prefer topping off as less as possible.

BTW where in Tucson are you? I am in Oro Valley.

I just re read mine, and boy was mine hot before the fans. I thought top of the green was 80, haha NOT.

I grew up with a dad like yours and now that I'm paying the bills, I can see why he kept it hot, lol. I work from home so have to keep it semi decent, ceiling fans help. The downside is I'm on corner and the western sun sets in the room the 80g and 24gAP are in.

I'm next to the base (SE side). My folks are up NW yonder in Saddlebrook.

I don't have the ATO either (yet). But its the next thing I'm going to get for the tank. Just doing a ton of price comparisons.

Ya i thought that 2 notches above 80 on mine was 82... instead it is 84!

Oh, i saw on your thread that you have some cool frags..like frogspawn. Did you get them local or online cause i cannot find good lps anywhere other than online.

Ah price here.

So yer a native then?

What kinda bird? I've got a few myself.

Frogspawn from SWSW. Got some from Altis Reef (sponser), some from the saltwaterfish.com forum's classified, some from eBay, some from a local reefer/frag swap.

I dont like getting stuff shipped in due to the high cost of shipping and the heat we have. Had mushroom meltdown recently and some zoa's didnt come thru the shipping process that well.

I'm pretty much now set coral wise, just want to wait & see how they do.

I have a male cockatiel that is 3 yrs old. Very well trained, very sweet. Dang i cant seem to find any frogspawn at SWSW. They had a torch on Saturday but it was $80.. i declined.

I am actually Italian And moved here 6 years ago.

They cut one head off for me....they had a few different frags of them.

I;'ve never been here Link but they may have affordable stuff, I'd call before going just in case the website isnt updated.

I've got one pet tiel almost a year old (male). A pair of them outside in aviary with a lovebird. Inside I have a pet lovebird (nippy lil monster), a quaker parrot and I breed gouldian finches. Three dogs (2 airedales, 1 greyhound) all rescues. Currently 3 fw tanks and the one salt. Rest are in closets and garage.

Ya i have been to tropical kingdom... very dirty place the only thing i like there is their exotic products... but the tanks are algea full and dirty. Bad personal too.

What do you mean? I have a xenia, zoa, shroom, and ricordea. I also have a gsp that was a hitchiker...

Ah musta missed it while reading the thread. I kept reading the first posting. Apologies.

My ric didnt do well since get go and no clue where the frag went to, cuc kept knocking stuff over. I had no hitchikers other than aiptasia and bristleworms.

Oh just didn't clearly understand what you meant. The only major diappointment i have had is that my clown killed my cleaner shrimp. My clown is really mean the only fish that he isn't mean to is the wrasse. All the other fish i tryed with him i had to return...I liked my cleaner a lot also... o well i guess that was his destiny.lol

Yeah just re read and saw the coral addition part, too many pages to go thru. lol

One of my ycg keeps chasing the other one into my fuge. I doubt mine would bother the peppermint shrimp but I was thinking of a six line or a clownfish as the next and last fish, and I wonder if they'd leave it alone. I guess I'd have to try for a small clownfish

Well i think both would work out if they are small when you add them. Make sure that your ycg gets used to your tank before you add any fish... maybe wait 2 weeks before adding a more "aggressive" fish to the tank. It also depends on the fish. Cause i have seen clowns that are way way nicer than mine...and have seen wrasses meaner than mine. It just depends on a lot of factors and when you add the fish.

After the 5th full day of being in my tank my pom pom came out.YAY it is soo cool with it's nems. He is doing the little dance. He came out of his little cave thing and ventured through out the tank. He came out as soon as the actinics shut off and the leds kicked on.

Should i feed him anything specific or when i feed the fish he will find some food?

Thanks

BTW i have read the thread on these crabs and it is very helpful but on feeding it has little.

Mine pretty much ate whatever I put in the tank. He would eat pellets, brine, and mysis. When i fed the fish some food would sink to the bottom around his hideout, and he would come ount and get his share. He also would scavenge at night.

My little guy just passed yesterday but I plan on getting a pair of them soon, such cool animals

Thanks...

Does anyone have an opinion on my next coral? I am thinking a lps where my clown can host in. Right now my clown loves the koralia and it looks wierd...lol

Oh and can i keep some other crab with with the pom pom like a emerald or anemone crab.

Angled FTS-Almost 3 1/2months.

100_4872.jpg

My ever-growing Xenia

100_4874.jpg

FTS

100_4876.jpg

Clown, Wrasse, and Ric

100_4877.jpg

Slight sand bed algae problem...going away slowly with less feeding and waterchanges and manual removal

100_4882.jpg

And that's my tank right before the lights shut off today.

Enjoy!

I'm jealous of your ric...mine never liked the tank, its about size of thumb tack head and fading fast, was green. Its low on the sandbed and in not too much flow. Wasnt big to begin with but bigger than it is now. Sigh.

Love the coraline, Ive got funky sandbed only in the front, debated pushing it in by the glass, but haven't done so. You gotta get a pic of the pom pom.

What color mushrooms are those, hard to tell by the pics.

Hey just noticed we're running neck and neck on when we set up, did you notice that too (you probably did and commented on it, and i've spaced it, lol)

Well i havent got a pic of the crab yet cause he comes out at night right now and taking a picture without scaring him is hard cause i would have to use flash.

The ric is sweet...too bad yours isn't doing so hot.:(

The mushroom is green striped and has made 2 little ones since i got it about 1 month ago. He grows very fast. And the zoas are at least 10 more polyps than when i got them.

My sand algae problem is only in the corners of the tank so i keep taking it out then doing waterchanges and every week it is always less. My scarlet hermit helps a lot too.

1 question- How many years experience do you have with sw?

I just started about 1/2 year ago with sw.

1 question- How many years experience do you have with sw?

noob....had 12g JBJ nano cube in 03/04 that wiped out. Freshwater a bazillion years, Saltwater noob. About a year give or take in salt.

Archived