Coral Vue Hydros

Looking for a Cheap Metal Halide Alternative?

AbSoluTc

Bertz - you may have already stated but is the 5.5 the lucky recipient of the new lighting or are you setting up another nano!!!

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Graywolf- yes.. the 5.5 will be gettin the upgrade.. but if this setup works out good im going to get another one for my other project.. 8.5gal cube with a center overflow... im building this tank myself and plan for it to be a center piece veiwable from all sides and the wires for the light will run through the over flow down into the stand hiding any wires on the outside... thas going to be my new project.. ill post some pictures once i finish my 5.5....

Well, I got a hood on order from PSL. Should be here Weds. of next week. If all goes well, I should just slap this stuff in there and fire everything up. Cool thing is, if I need to I can change from dual 70s to dual 150s on the fly. Awsome!

I am excited!

Got my Ushio 10k with a reflector and socket on the way. Should be here on monday then ill install it in my hood. Cant wait to see what it looks like. Thanks AbsolutC for the heads up on the aromat ballast. I was the last one to get it a 40 bucks.

No probs. Everyone that participated here should get a pat on the back! :)

Thank you all. Also, when everyone gets their setups up and going, take some pics and let us see!

i know a guy that is selling 70 watt mh ballast on reefcentral but its for a mogul bulb.. is there a place where i can get a 70 watt mogul bulb? i havent yet seen one... some one let me know...

Check Champion lighting. I think they have a Iwasaki there....

Also I think you can run those on the aromat ballast, not sure about the WPI.

Others can wade in with better info on this

ya there is a guy on reef central selling 6 70w m98 ballasts at 15 plus shipping...too bad it wont work for double-ended. i wish i had the money to set up one of these for my 5 gallon cube. maybe ill get some cash for my birthday that is tuesday

Dustin - if you are looking for the WPI ballast mentioned in this thread, I have at least 3 units unspoken for in an order I just placed. I will be able to ship in about 2 weeks if you are interested. Price will be $17 plus priority shipping to your address.

The short answer is yes, there were some problems with one bulb type, but you can see that in the earlier posts to this thread. There are also pics of the WIP and another ballast running the double ended bulbs

can anyone tell me what day they recieve their stuff from psl? they said they ship out on tuesday only so maybe someone can give me an ideal how long it takes to get your supplies.. its been awhile...

i just got my bulb today.. im going to test run it and see if it gives out like the rest of the bulbs... ill post results later tonight..

Just got my 20k Catalina bulb in. I hooked it up to the WPI ballast and it fired right up. I am going to let it burn in for 3-6 hours before I turn it off. Hopefully it will light up again :)

I also got my hood in from PSL. I must give them MANY KUDOS for a damn fine job and the extra mile they went to on this baby. Looks beutiful with some extras!

PSL reedemed themselves to me and I appreciate it.

If anyone wants pics of the 20k and/or the hood, just let me know!

Kris

ahh.. nice... 20k bulb.... i hope it works out.. if so imma try to grab one... low on money tho =) foo did you ever get your blue bulbs?

Archived