SaltCritters.com

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

Doing okay, Kim, how about you?

No new tanks...not setup, anyways. The BB 10 is the newest setup. I did pickup a 15 tall this weekend that I'm probably going to drill and move the 10 into, for stability's sake.

Believe it or not, I'm actually starting to decrease the number of tanks laying around. Traded the 93 cube (tank only) for a complete system 40b, custom cabinet, sump, skimmer, pumps, lights, everything; even trade. Should have that system sold tomorrow. Also have a few bites on the 75 that's for sale. So if this week goes as planned I'll be down to 16 tanks, from a high of 20.

The goal is just the nano and the 180, plus a QT with a few backups in storage. I'm actually looking forward to only having those, it is time to simplify things a bit.

How's your 10?

• Like 1

Only 16 tanks, geez. :P

Things are well, just concentrating on school stuff. Taking the PCAT next month!

And the 10 is well, everything is growing in nicely. The cyano has just been a pita so I've been stepping up the water changes.

• Like 1

Cyano is no fun. I'm in the final stages of a cyano battle in the 180. I'm not sure which blow did it in, but I think I can cease fire and routine maintenance will keep it at bay.

Good luck on your test!

Yay! What have you been doing to fight the cyano?

I know my biggest problem is probably the light bulbs... they're around 3 or 4 years old now. :unsure:

Ha! I just like having a tank around. If I take down any tank it'll be the freshy. Once the betta fish gets rehomed, hopefully the rcs get re-established and clean up the algae.

Hi Sue :flower:

I think my old lamps were a huge culprit, too. Along with the heat from my halides. I switched to T5s, solving both of those problems. Then I started rinsing my frozen food, doing bigger water changes, manual removal, and I think what really got me over the edge was a Phosphate sponge. I've got a GFO reactor that's going online this week, to help me stay ahead. Might even do that today.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Merry Christmas Weetie!

Love that you've dredged up this thread!

Lol, thanks.

Hadn't bothered before this cause not many of the old-timers are still around, figured I didn't have enough reason.

• Like 1

Lol, thanks.

Hadn't bothered before this cause not many of the old-timers are still around, figured I didn't have enough reason.

Nah, we're still around. If only lurking :ninja:

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Nah, we're still around. If only lurking :ninja:

:grouphug:

Heh, ok.

Maybe this can be an experiment, I'll see how many chime in here.

<3 and Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to all.

• Like 1

What has the industry come to when 9yrs old makes us the Old timers? I mean, I know we've been progressing at a exponential rate in this hobby, but seriously?

• Like 1

What has the industry come to when 9yrs old makes us the Old timers? I mean, I know we've been progressing at a exponential rate in this hobby, but seriously?

Yeah, but.... things really have been progressing and changing at a pretty rapid rate. I've only been away from the site and Reefing for 2 yrs or so, but I'm having to do research on what is available now. I am finding myself VERY pleasantly surprised at how much more is available for Pico tanks now, equipment wise.

I think I actually started my first Nano Tank even before this site was started, '94 or so. So I guess I'm a REAL old timer, lol.

Sup weetie! Merry Christmas!

To you and your family too! :D

• Like 1