Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

Richie makes a strong argument, though for the cutter must know the history & the lore. Fore with out this thy judgement could falter.

bitts is right, it's gotta be someone who's been her long enough to remember tiny.

D, I need someone to talk me out of that walk-around 240. Elizabeth isn't doing a good enough job. She seems okay with it!

Deleted User 6

honestly, I would say unless you would get rid of all the other tanks, don't do it. something that big should have your singular focus hobby-wise. if you can consolidate all other tanks into the big one, i don't see anything wrong with getting it.

but make sure you've considered all costs. it comes with lights? sump? pumps? plumbing? rocks? do you have the tools to automate some things on it to make it easier?

also, i know who tiny is noobs.

It comes with everything but heaters and powerheads and I'm about to replace all of those in the 180 because of stray voltage. My skimmer is fine, I'm already at 220 gallons total system volume. Top off is the only thing I really need automated. My tanks are pretty low-tech mixed reefs, and mostly softies at that. No need for a ton of reactors or dosing pumps or anything. I have over 150 pounds of pretty decent rock, I dont need any more.

I probably won't do it, but damn is it a tempting deal.

:o

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

puffyluv-albums-other-cool-pics-picture2358-240.jpg

360* viewable 8' 240 gallon. Comes with stand, hood, sump, pump, plumbing, and 3x250 MH and 8x39 t5ho. All I need is heaters, powerheads, and my skimmer and livestock. I'd set it up as a peninsula in the living room with one of the short ends against a wall.

Edited by fewskillz
And a nuclear reactor to supply power for all that equipment!
Yeah, I wouldn't run all of the lights. Running everything would definitely have a 20 amp breaker full. We would have to move the TV upstairs and make sure to plug the vacuum into adjacent rooms.

My decision has been made for me, thankfully. He's decided to keep the 240. Good. I don't need it, I just was having a hard time passing up my ideal sized tank shy of doing some crazy, custom, built-in that I have envisioned for "someday".

Someday. Elizabeth really liked it too, the center overflow is what sold her. I might have to work on something similar. I really like the idea of having a tank where I had planned on putting that one.

I told him to let me know if he ever changes his mind.

Ooh... what if... 8' tank right. So there could be a 6' center based coast to coast, with minimal vertical structure to support it. Due to minimal weight. I would simple need to be able to stand against the currents with in the tank. but Still the columns could be dropped in size to maybe 6"x2". possibly even acting as a dry dock for the placement of vortechs. Oh the fun that could be had in planing...