Innovative Marine Aquariums

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

OK...who spiked NRF's coffee?? Time to cut him off... :P

Oh, I was just trying some of this liquid sweetener Weetie gave me.

...booka something? Its kinda lickerishy tho....hic.. :huh:

psst...my cam does videos as well ;)

wait til the wind catches up to the rain...more exciting at least. overall, hanna's been pretty calm here, except for a bit of flooding. Don't know if thats just our place though.

LOL, A vid would be great! You know you guys will be laughing so hard you won't be able to take a pic anyway! :lol:

Yup, the water level is pretty high in my backyard. Ground has been so dry lately its just running off. We got a little rain last night, but it doesn't look like it helped much.

Acans have been fragged and I only nicked my thumb once! B)

Some red and green, rather small headed and small mouthed Acans and some purple and gray/green that have more of almost a lobo look to them.

I also split a two headed frag of a red Micro I had.

So I should have a few good frags for swapping if they heal up and round out like I hope.

Weetie, I cleaned my remora and its back to pulling junk out already.

Sugar anyone?? :unsure:

I'd play in the frag swap but I don't have any frags -_-

you better believe i'll do all this too.... I am one of those class clowns that does whatever.

Exhibit A:

My last day of class my senior year (last december) at VT. I decided it was no fun to wear the standard uniform, so I wore this all day as my last hoorah (I was the only cadet graduating in december rather than may, so I sported this to class solo all day:

IMG_0523.jpg

Says "Last damn white shirt" The front side had some other stuff on it and the sleeve that you can see part of says NC Mitchell, C/Mitchell, C/CPL Mitchell, C/SSG Mitchell, C/FSG Mitchell, C/LT Mitchell, C/MAJ Mitchell, C/LTC Mitchell, for all the different ranks I held while a cadet.... yep I am a looser :)

I was in the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets, the military program at Virginia Tech. no its not ROTC.... unlike ROTC we wore uniforms every day, lived in barracks, marched everywhere, had battalion mess, parades, etc.

Bill you're in Columbus? I grew up outside of Atlanta in Marietta

Hooah, what a horrible word. Do they make you say that in the regular army? You can never understand what most legs are saying when they put hooah into every 3rd space of a sentence. Never understood it. You like the contractor work? Being in DC would be awesome.

Bill

hooah we're going to go hooah on that hooah and get some hooah alright? hooah? hooah!

yeah it drove me nuts, the only word thats a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, question, statement, conjunction, and obstruction!

I love working for the navy, I get to see what they're up to and the cool new stuff they're planning or buying and every day is different. One day its a submarine, the next its a software upgrade for a ship simulator in Kings Bay

drumroll.jpg

Drumroll.jpg

IMG_0428_smallP60-1.jpg

Alright Mr. Marks, here's your official question:

Seeing what N-R has become, what are you most proud of or pleased with ?

And just one more if I may Sir, on the flip side, what are you most disappointed with?

If you can work the word "Hasselhoff" into your answer somewhere you get bonus points.

We eagerly await your answer! :happy:

I think I got the short end of the stick with this initiation compared to Mr. Marks! lol

don't mess with the admin ;)

oops...i ate the last of the chocolate puddin...

gotta run to the store tomorrow :)

Edited by dshnarw
I think I got the short end of the stick with this initiation compared to Mr. Marks! lol

Hey!

No whining in Weetie's Lounge!!! :angry:

Sides, if you wear the helmet you get to pick the initiation rite for the next inductee.

Christopher Marks
Alright Mr. Marks, here's your official question:

Seeing what N-R has become, what are you most proud of or pleased with ?

And just one more if I may Sir, on the flip side, what are you most disappointed with?

If you can work the word "Hasselhoff" into your answer somewhere you get bonus points.

We eagerly await your answer! :happy:

Hmm, that's a tough question!

I would have to say I'm most proud of the core community that has grown over the years. I've been fortunate to build a lot of great friendships with people through the site, and even meet some in real life (meatspace). I know so many others have experienced the same, and it's really rewarding to see.

I'm most disappointed with the makeshift lounge, for now at least. I love that it provides a fun distraction for so many members, I'm just not into the current political tone it's taken on. It's entirely understandable though, and the good news is it will probably evolve into something else entirely in a few months.

After 7+ years, it's funny to see the different cycles the community goes through!

• Like 1

:o Wow Weetie picked my question! :o

don't mess with the admin ;)

oops...i ate the last of the chocolate puddin...

gotta run to the store tomorrow :)

Hmmm, Kristen thinks she's getting the short end here huh?

I agree I suppose, perhaps no chocolate pudding?

Nah, J/K .

Daniel, Snack pack FTW!! :D

Easy peezy for you Kristen, plus, hey there's pudding!! :happy:

I'm most disappointed with the makeshift lounge, for now at least. I love that it provides a fun distraction for so many members, I'm just not into the current political tone it's taken on. If only someone would start a Hasselhoff look-a-like contest so we could get the lounge back on track!

Fixed!!!

Alrighty guys, tonights contest in Weetie's Lounge is to see who can bring the best cookies!

(Best= funnest, most creative)

WOW. :blink:

I just might have to declare you the winner without seeing any other entries!

How bout it guys, anyone out there think they can top that???

Ah shucks  :blush: thanks Weetie, all I did was google cookie chair.

cookie_640.jpg

I'd agree on the lounge CM, we've had some good times in there. I only participate in the politics threads when I am bored at work (aka the government is taking its sweet time, lol).

Thats also why I think a new contest could be fun, something to distract folks!