Cultivated Reef

SeeDemTails 37 gal Mantle SPS and Zoa Reef

SeeDemTails

It's good to see another female with a great tank. I hope the move has gone well. Our tanks are quite similar too, even if they are seperated by the Atlantic (I live in England). I have two b/w clowns, a blue neon gobie and 2 yellow head jawfish in my tank. They all get on great, and are all so intresting to watch. I bet you were really upset about your jawfish. I adore mine, and could watch them for hours. I also have loads of zoa's, a few lps's, and mushrooms. I'm expecting a shipment tommorow, with a superman monti frag, purple porites frag and green monti. Can't wait to see pics of your tank in new location.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SeeDemTails

Claire, sounds like a great tank, got any pics?

I was very upset about my jawfish, but I plan to get another once I move, and get a screen over my tank. they are really cool fish.

The new location is going to be sweet!!!! Right in my living room, and eye level to boot! I will post pics of where the tank is going asap.

Looking good! Please save me a frag or 2 as well if you could when my tank is ready :)

BTW Im setting up my tank for a jawfish as well I hope it works out.

SeeDemTails

Most of the move is going to happen this sunday.

I dont know if the tank move will happen until lster that week or the following weekend. I am bringing as much of the old water as possible, I aim to do two 15% water changes after the move, about 6 hours apart.

I doubt I will have any problems, my rockwork got compromised a month or so ago by my clownfish, and I had tp pull it out and move a ton of stuff around, the water got super cloudy and I was so worried about the tank. The next morning everything was fine, my no3 spiked to about 5ppm, then dropped back to zero a couple days later. From this experience, I doubt I will have have any issues moving the tank. The guys at my work move huge tanks all the time, they never have any problems.

thats interesting, i know a couple of people that live in ormond beach

my roomate in college lives up there and hes starting up an ecotourism company there

they just got a double decker bus, so if you see one of those driving around thats him

he also does parasailing and banana boats

• 3 weeks later...
SeeDemTails

Well, the tank move is happening this Thursday for sure! Pics of the move to come.

Wish me luck!

In the mean time check out this new Mountain Dew colored Digitata I got!

DSC001291.JPG

SeeDemTails

Yeah, I keep him nice and chubby. He can eat a whole penny sized flake of formula 1, or about 15 mysis shrimp! He doesnt like formula 2 as much.

SeeDemTails

So, I moved the tank yesterday. What a job!

Everything is fine, other than a few accident frags. Needed them anyways for swaps.

EZ doesnt lie, it is a major, stressful, PITA!!!!!! I was gonna take pics, but I got a little carried away.

The tank is in its new home, but I am not sure if I want to post pics of it until I have the rock done and everyone is chillin. My reef looks embarassing right now lol.

Ah that is over with. is it located like it was in the last place so that you can see through from one room to the other? I though that was a nice touch.

Oceanic 30g

I just added liverock last night and the unpacking stacking and cleanup was a PIA. I can only imagine moving all the stuff you had and setting it back up.

SeeDemTails

You really dont know how much coral you have until you start to take it out of the tank and put it in a rubbermaid.

You REALLY REALLY dont know how much coral you have until you try to put it back in the tank!

Spanko, it is no longer double sided, but its new locations makes up for it, wait and see!

I also found that catching a fish by hand is much easier and less stressful for the fish than using a net.

Congrats on the move!

Did you chase the fish into a container by hand? That always seemed easiest to me. I have also seen the LFS use the PVC pipes as 'nets'. The fish hide in them and then you just lift out the pipe.

SeeDemTails

I caught the target mandarin, the neon goby, and both clowns with just my hand, and then put them in a bucket. They kinda sat in a little pool in the cup of my hand for a sec while I moved them.

The tang and the chromis are just to fast, I chased them into a pitcher with my hands and then lifted it out.

SeeDemTails

There will still be two sides, SPS side and zoanthid side. So it will look similar, but with 25lb more rock!

Archived