ReefCleaners.org

Tottally PO'd with DR.Fosters and Smith

gulfsurfer101

like i said this probably happened yester day and because DFS didnt call him back within an hour he freaked out and got buthurt, calm down cryin charlie they will make it right.... good things take time.......all reefers know that... sept you

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DrF&S was monitoring this thread. If I were them, I would just give him a refund and blacklist him. I can't believe they're actually going through the trouble of getting a third, and better tank out to him

BustytheSnowMaam

I don't know if anyone read what I wrote, but I'm pretty sure that the Aquapod he thought he would get to replace his two broken nanocubes is not the one he wants. DFS has an Aquapod for $178, but it has PC lights. The Aquapod he is looking at from Aquabuys is more expensive because it has metal halides.

I think he stated that it was on sale? He was pretty adamant about the fact that it was the hqi version. Let's see if there is going to be another thread about how it wasn't

Ah the butterfly effect! So if he were in the forest b1tch1in about Dr Fosters would he make any audible noise? Who cares, because if that stupid butterfly flaps his wings one more time then we all will be screwed and our tanks will be the last thing oun our minds. omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

fraggle rockette

yeh this thread < motivational posters thread.

i am actually more offended by this load of whiny baby garbage than anything i saw on those hundreds of closed ones ;).

p.s. MORAL OF THE STORY: DO NOT TRADE/SELL WITH THIS GUY! but at least he outed himself as a pouty beyotch early in the game before he started flaming mvite or someone else that lives here. sheesh. :rolleyes:

BustytheSnowMaam
yeh this thread < motivational posters thread.

i am actually more offended by this load of whiny baby garbage than anything i saw on those hundreds of closed ones ;).

p.s. MORAL OF THE STORY: DO NOT TRADE/SELL WITH THIS GUY! but at least he outed himself as a pouty beyotch early in the game before he started flaming mvite or someone else that lives here. sheesh. :rolleyes:

are you in the right thread? :)

DFS actually had a 70W mh setup for the aquapod for like $150 or something ridiculously cheap a few weeks back, it was soo cheap that buying a 70w mh sunpod alone would have cost more then buying this setup so tons of people bought the setup just for the light and kept the tank for a spare

im pretty sure thats the one hes talking about

The Propagator
it's an honest mistake that any of us here would just deal with, we've all been there, it just amazes me that you're making such a big deal of it. you should've waited till you got screwed before you got your panties in a bunch. chill out next time and don't go psycho on forums before it has even been settled. it was clear to all of us that it was something that could be worked out easily and that nobody was trying to screw you. to you it wasn't and you were arguing with us. end of story. i have only used them twice, i don't give two craps about them. i live in LA and can get anything i need for pretty cheap. if it makes you feel better thinking that we work for them go right ahead. i think your posts speak for themselves. my favorite part was where you were thinking of getting your money back and going to another site till you found out it was so much more. when you shop at the cheapest store you shouldn't be surprised to get cheap service.

Pfttt !!!!

Like hell.

If I dropped $200 plus on a tiny tank that cost $40.00 to make and it was broken on TWO separate delivery attempts then I was told they wouldn't honor a verbal agreement I would be HEATED just like any one of you would be to. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many disappointed "cry baby" ( according to some in this thread) traders and buyers on this forum lately.

for who ever.....

I think this sucks that he's being hammered into the ground for getting screwed and complaining about it until he got what he paid for personally. Ever heard the term the squeaky wheel gets the grease? You get screwed by not speaking up.

Just so you know which side of the fence I am coming from here I am a seller not a buyer. I have for a long time now. So I know all to well what it feels like to be screwed as the seller. But believe me this ain't the seller getting screwed here.

Here is the deal with returned damaged merchandise due to shipping or Manufactured flaws.

A: If its shipping damage they get what they insured it for ( usually 1.5 x's the actual amount) so they get their money and what they made from profiting off the 1st sale .

B: If its a manufacturers flaw they send it to a ware house to inspect it. If its damaged they send it back to the manufacturer for a replacement at no cost to them other than shipping and they still get the profit they made in the 1st sale.

They aren't out a dime in reality because its set up that way( maybe a little time and $15.00 shipping? look at it in the big picture..)

Pfttt !!!!

Like hell.

If I dropped $200 plus on a tiny tank that cost $40.00 to make and it was broken on TWO separate delivery attempts then I was told they wouldn't honor a verbal agreement I would be HEATED just like any one of you would be to. Otherwise there wouldn't be so many disappointed "cry baby" ( according to some in this thread) traders and buyers on this forum lately.

for who ever.....

I think this sucks that he's being hammered into the ground for getting screwed and complaining about it until he got what he paid for personally. Ever heard the term the squeaky wheel gets the grease? You get screwed by not speaking up.

Just so you know which side of the fence I am coming from here I am a seller not a buyer. I have for a long time now. So I know all to well what it feels like to be screwed as the seller. But believe me this ain't the seller getting screwed here.

Here is the deal with returned damaged merchandise due to shipping or Manufactured flaws.

A: If its shipping damage they get what they insured it for ( usually 1.5 x's the actual amount) so they get their money and what they made from profiting off the 1st sale .

B: If its a manufacturers flaw they send it to a ware house to inspect it. If its damaged they send it back to the manufacturer for a replacement at no cost to them other than shipping and they still get the profit they made in the 1st sale.

They aren't out a dime in reality because its set up that way( maybe a little time and $15.00 shipping? look at it in the big picture..)

he's whining about a problem with stocking. if you get that heated about waiting for them to restock you need to get your blood pressure checked. i would be disappointed that it turned out they didn't have it right then, but i would wait for them to give me a decision on what they were going to do about it before going nuts. if you think he's getting screwed you need to either reread everything or maybe you've never actually really been screwed. i just see a decent seller that made a mistake, it happens, the sun will come up tomorrow.

Again, if there was a deviation from company policy, then he/she needs to get on it. I can understand why he/she is upset, however the issue is with the MANUFACTURER. If your A/V receiver breaks, you don't take the thing back to the store for repair, you take it to the MANUFACTURER. They sent him a product that had MANUFACTURING defects, not "DFS" defects. Point is, he/she didn't take issue with JBJ. He/she demanded that DFS replace a tank, on their nickel, and replace it with a completely different model. Instead of CYA and reserving a tank and allowing DFS to credit, he/she decided to just wait and see, then grioes about they live on an friggin' island, as if that was DFS' fault too. Then I become a retard. I hope this person gets what they are after, but Supernip had it right: refund and blacklist, and Fraggle has it right in terms of not selling or buying from this guy/girl. Out...

gulfsurfer101

All right once again here is my point. I bought something, it turned out to be a peice of junk, I wasn't happy with the quality of the product and so I returned it. WTF is the problem there, I should just shut up and live with the POS. No I set a deal up with thier phone reps and asked ahead of time if this would happen and they assured me it wouldn't. I'm told after sending back the nano-cube that were sold out and they had discontinued the item. I had them pull my file and there it was noted that I was retuning this item in exchange for that item they had discontinued. Now to further discredit them I had was told that they had one more with a broken glass lid and they had charged me for it as of today but they won't ship it out till a newlid comesin from the maunufacture. I had also left a note with thier customer service rep to have them call me before such action was made but that was over looked. I called back to them to see why they had done that and they said that it was the only way to insure that I would be the person to recieve this package because if I wasn't charged then and there I wasn't 100% for shure of recieving the aqua pod. So now I'm out the 174+ 114+shipping on the first deal. They were not even aware of the money I had already spent on the tank I'm returning. After explaing to them them they told me the money will be creditited back into my account. It's a good thing I have a 500 dollar over draft so I gues I'll just use the 114 bucks to pay the overdraft charges. Looking back on it it might have been cheaper to just buy the more expensive on on another site. I don't want hear no more $h!t about how I complain too much cause you can take 300 bucks and let DR.Fosters ram it right up your hole for all I care.

All I got from this post is that Dr. F&S has extremely good customer service. I just bought a JBJ NC 24 from another dealer now I'm thinking I should have bought from Dr. F&S :)

The Propagator

Bunch of freak'n badgers I swear to God. :D

I like a lot of you I really do but some times you gang up on people for reasons that seem pretty lame to me. ( I guess like how you seem my reasoning to be too? Who knows? )

Any who live and let live.

;)

Bunch of freak'n badgers I swear to God. :D

I like a lot of you I really do but some times you gang up on people for reasons that seem pretty lame to me. ( I guess like how you seem my reasoning to be too? Who knows? )

Any who live and let live.

;)

Agreed. Shut up you hobos.

i would feel bad for this guy if every post wasnt some other excuse as to why hes upset, now he has overdraft charges? his story is like swiss cheese

• 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

All right here's the new poop on this ordeal here. I ordered the aquapod with the sunpod light, it shipped out on the 6th, they have no idea where it is when trying to track it. They were gonna call me last thursday with a tracking number but I got a call today and was told that fed-ex didn't know where it was at either. Any way's when it gets here if it ever gets here I'm puttin this thing on e-bay since my wife bought me a 75 gallon 24' deep tank and stand for christmas from a local tank designer. Just giving a heads up before it goes up for bids. Looks they're shipping me out one with the 54w flourescents and the sunpod and should be here by friday. Pretty nice of them but a little too late. I will be using the cash from this tank to pay for new sand and LR form my new favorite not so local fish store in San Antonio about an hour and 20 minute from my place. Sorry for ragging on your fave vendors but it has been nothing but a hassle from the start. Pm me if your interested in this set-up and paying shipping. It will all be new in the box stuff.

So someone can buy this, it arrives damaged and then they are screwed because they have no receipt :)

I would NEVER buy an All In One second hand and I have 3 of them in my house. I like them but if something happens and you didn't get them from a reliable vendor your SOL.

Archived