SaltCritters.com

Tottally PO'd with DR.Fosters and Smith

gulfsurfer101

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

That's wher the problem lies. I asked about the product selling out before they were able to send me a shipping voucher, I in turn ship back thire product, they in turn inspect the product, finally after going over it there charging my account and shipping the new purchased tank back to me. She said it will be there, I would get it and they would make a note of it there on their flie data base. Looks like someone forgot to make that note or just remember that it was there. They pulled up my file and saw that I was supposed to recieve this item that they no longer carry, OOOPs! I don't see how that is my fault. I did what they asked me to do.

gulfsurfer101

OK, I might be singing a different tune tommorow, I just got of the phone with customer service and they told me that it was still being looked into and they had one there. The only problem was they were waiting on the glass lid that came with it. I told the customer service rep that I wouldn't even bother with the lid since I wouldn't use it. She made a note of it and I might be getting this thing after all. I'm still not in the clear yet but if it happens I'm gonna be right on the other side of this thread with you other DFS hardcore die-hard extreme lovers. That would tottally be kick a$$ on thire behalf. It's just a waiting game here on out.

ok so the moral of the story is not to by junk that is on sale(which was for a reasn because its junk) and then have buyers remorse and wanna get the better one, get you money back, save and get the bigger one \wow after reading your last post while i was posting my post you are THE BIGGEST CRYBABY IN THE WORL!!!!!! just because DFCS dosennt stop everything to help ONE person you think they are forgetting about you. your lucky man they re so nice, most would have just forgot about you

gulfsurfer101

I still don't know WTF you poeple are still harassing me over, I'm the paying customer. I don't pay somebody to send me broke Sh!t, I reach into my pockets for something I'm gonna be happy with. The nanocube was a cheap little mistake. It's almost like ordering food from a drive thru and getting home to find your order al messed up. I know your gonna cry about like everybody else. As far as alchohol is concerned I think it's time I need to crack a few.

I still don't know WTF you poeple are still harassing me over, I'm the paying customer.

Who thinks they deserve more then they paid for!

you are baby dude, you were just trying to cheat the system shame on you, and dont act all high and mighty because your the aying customer, your not paying full price and most places offer no returns or refunds on sale items

BustytheSnowMaam
I just checked aquabuys.com and it's a hundred and some change more than what DFS had it posted for. They had it for 175 plus shipping, auabuys has it for 299. That's just unacceptable. I should get what I wanted for the price that was to be honered by Dr. Fosters and Smith's phone reps.

I understand where gulfsurfer is coming from- DFS told him they would have a product available and they don't have it.

Here's where I think you're confused Gulfsurfer- the Aquapod you're looking at for $178 on the DFS site has the 64 watt PC light. The Aquapod you're looking at on the Aquabuys site has the metal halide light, and thus costs a lot more. The Aquapod 24 150 watt Metal Halide outfit is $339 on the DFS site and $399 on Aquabuys.

Or do I have something mixed up?

How is it that I lack common sense. I got stuck on shipping charges, had to negotiate for two hours on the phone so I woulnd't have to pay out of my pocket to teturn an item that didn't last me a day, was promised by their phone rep that everything was in order and not to worry only to hear that maybey they can interest me in something else. Their policy states 100% customer satisfaction and I'm not at all satisfied. I've worked on both ends before as a waiter in a 5 star hotel and had to put up with some outragous crap before but I quit and found a job that I'm happy with and no longer have to put up with poeples crap, but in turn I work long hard hours in a chemical plant and hate to see my hard earned money get messed over in small fee after small fee and the time invested on this is just seseless.

I agree with you 100% gulfsurfer and I feel really bad for you. I'm shocked at the lack of understanding and support you've received on this forum. Your point about the vendor's guarantee of 100% customer satisfaction is the key. Making customers like you happy is key to their ultimate financial success. You've already been enormously inconvenienced to say the least. You are exactly the sort of well-intentioned customer that deserves satisfaction - even if this means a relatively minor financial loss for the vendor. Aside from ethics, this is simply good business on the part of a vendor of this size. Sorry that you've experienced so much crap from fellow-reefers who don't seem to be able to see the forest from the trees in this situation.

Chris

This is like sprint trying to give me a reconditioned phone after mine broke 2 times in about 10 days.

I paid for a new phone and they wanted to give me crap when I would not take a used one as a replacement.

The buyer should not have to take 2 defective products to make one good one.

100% satisfaction does not mean 75% satisfaction.

If I were Dr. F&S I would have just refunded the money and been done with it rather than making promises that could not be kept.

I don't blame you for wanting compensation for your troubles... you are the customer.

fellow-reefers who don't seem to be able to see the forest from the trees in this situation.

Chris

Thank you for your wisdom....

I heard the tree fall!!!

Supernips...LOL...I just realized what GFY means...LOL I need another beer, I'll be back

P.S. I never seen anyone on here actually sincerely use that...Also I have too agree w/ GulfMan, but I've had excellant CS with DFS...Oh well.

I still don't know WTF you poeple are still harassing me over, I'm the paying customer. I don't pay somebody to send me broke Sh!t, I reach into my pockets for something I'm gonna be happy with. The nanocube was a cheap little mistake. It's almost like ordering food from a drive thru and getting home to find your order al messed up. I know your gonna cry about like everybody else. As far as alchohol is concerned I think it's time I need to crack a few.

it's an honest mistake that any of us here would just deal with, we've all been there, it just amazes me that you're making such a big deal of it. you should've waited till you got screwed before you got your panties in a bunch. chill out next time and don't go psycho on forums before it has even been settled. it was clear to all of us that it was something that could be worked out easily and that nobody was trying to screw you. to you it wasn't and you were arguing with us. end of story. i have only used them twice, i don't give two craps about them. i live in LA and can get anything i need for pretty cheap. if it makes you feel better thinking that we work for them go right ahead. i think your posts speak for themselves. my favorite part was where you were thinking of getting your money back and going to another site till you found out it was so much more. when you shop at the cheapest store you shouldn't be surprised to get cheap service.

You keep saying everyone here is crying about this and that, or that we are (what I assume you mean) butt-hurt about you ripping into our fav. vendor. Sounds like YOU are the one doing the crying, even the thread title says so! :lol:

By the way, I haven't ordered a single thing from LiveAquaria or DFS. Keep graspin' at them straws, your bound to get one sooner or later...

Archived