Coral Vue Hydros

Klarion's Tongan Scape

klarion

Well I'm glad to hear that things are still up and running Boris. As D said, it happens all the time when we have to go out of town. I had my brother watch my BC29 for 5 days and although I told him to top it off daily, I came back and all of the back chambers were almost bone dry and the return pump wasn't almost burned out.

Now I just lay everything out by day, write out explicit instructions, and make sure they know the deal before I leave.

-Adam

• 1 year later...

It's been a while since I posted anything, but the Tank is still running. I had some serious equipment and time issues, but I think I've solved the equipment issues with the help of a friend. Now I just have to find some free time to post pics... stay tuned.

Cheers to ALL :)

• 7 years later...

? just poking my head out. It's been 10 years...

I've upgraded the setup twice. Once because of a move and the second time because my tank cracked!!

The good news is that some of my original inhabitants are still alive! Excepting, the clown fish who passed away at 9yo and the YCG some time after him.

The pencil urchin is still alive! I will go back in the thread and hopefully date him. He had a tough time after my second tank (25g cube) cracked, but since recovered and eating algae off the tongan live rock. I'm still using the original live rock from the 15g high setup.

I also have 2 mexican serith snails that have lasted for years since the last tank, and are still kicking.. or slithering.

Softie corals didn't make it for the most part. Particularly because after an aptasia infestation, a couple of peppermint shrimp took to supplementting their nutrition with the corals.

I've had many crustaceans since then, including a hitchhiker pistol shrimp who lived for about a decade.

I now have a waterbox 20G with one fish and a bunch of mixed corals.

cheers!

• Like 1