Top Shelf Aquatics

VERTIGO

Vertigo

The thread usually can't die until the wrong has been righted.

But it doesn't sound like that will be the case.

I think it's especially funny that VERTIGO is so simple--that he is scamming someone----but---he himself thinks he is being scammed....lol

How do you classify that move? I guess he didn't mean it but he accidentally screwed you?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shivametimbas
reefers never say die ..... wait that's goonies never say die..

shivametimbas:

send him a rotten egg and a cat turd. and throw in a lump of coal for good measure! you don't have to worry about getting anything in return!

i was thinkin he was MY santa. if only i had his addy :owned:

The thread usually can't die until the wrong has been righted.

But it doesn't sound like that will be the case.

I actually had an idea on this.

I think it's pretty clear by now that Vertigo isn't going to ship the corals that he owes ReefininNY, so here's what I was thinking.

Filefish has offered to ship some corals to Reefin if he can pay for shipping, but Reefin can't afford the shipping costs.

I have some of the exact same corals that Vertigo owed Reefin that I could send as well, but I can't afford to pay for shipping to him either.

What if some of us got together and contributed a few $$ toward shipping costs so that ReefininNY can get the corals he was supposed to get in the first place? If a few people contributed just a couple of dollars it could add up. Kinda like the "Shipping Relief Fund" idea for the Secret Santa.

Anyone?

I actually had an idea on this.

I think it's pretty clear by now that Vertigo isn't going to ship the corals that he owes ReefininNY, so here's what I was thinking.

Filefish has offered to ship some corals to Reefin if he can pay for shipping, but Reefin can't afford the shipping costs.

I have some of the exact same corals that Vertigo owed Reefin that I could send as well, but I can't afford to pay for shipping to him either.

What if some of us got together and contributed a few $$ toward shipping costs so that ReefininNY can get the corals he was supposed to get in the first place? If a few people contributed just a couple of dollars it could add up. Kinda like the "Shipping Relief Fund" idea for the Secret Santa.

Anyone?

I'll Paypal $10 to Weetie to use towards shipping costs. Anybody else, $5, $10, whatever to do the right thing since Vertigo isn't going to.

Hey Scott that's cool---

I think you should just do $5 like I will so that we can get a couple people in on it.

I just wanna make sure that the name VERTIGO is immortalized as a deadbeat.

In my recent knowledge---we've never had a trader/seller REFUSE to clear things up---either on their own or through Paypal or some other 3rd party.

Ol' Vertigo should rise to the top of the crap heap for this one.

Hey Scott that's cool---

I think you should just do $5 like I will so that we can get a couple people in on it.

I just wanna make sure that the name VERTIGO is immortalized as a deadbeat.

In my recent knowledge---we've never had a trader/seller REFUSE to clear things up---either on their own or through Paypal or some other 3rd party.

Ol' Vertigo should rise to the top of the crap heap for this one.

If enough people chip in, I'll scale back my pledge. Just saying I'm willing to give $10 to the cause. I'd love to see the community rise up here.

My feeling is a lot of people have stopped reading this thread because of it's length. Maybe we should make another thread to solicit the shipping funds? I'm unclear on the board's policies regarding that though.

We'll get it easily.

That's (4) $5 peeps and a $3 peep.

We should probably be $5.25 and $3.15 so we don't stick weetie with fees.

Weetie will already be paying for box, heat, styro, bags and the PITA factor of shipping!!!

More $5's peeps!!

Me in. 5 scheckels.

I'm in for $5... Weetie... send me your paypal info!

Yes... I've been lurking on this thread since the start.

BustytheSnowMaam

I'll be the $3 peep- j/k- I'll match Scott. That way you have extra for the PITA. L, send me your paypal addy.

However, in no way do I want to legitimize/support Vertigo's (or anyone else's) dereliction of obligation.

JEEEZZ what a group of kick A** people!! I can't ask anyone to donate money for this! This was my and Verts deal! I don't want anyone to have to pay for my mistakes. This has to be the best of the best as far as community goes! It takes a good deal from me to get emotional about stuff, but I have to be honest!! The generosity here has made my eyes well up! what makes this even bigger for me is that no one here knows me, 13 posts and you are all willing to donate for this? Very cool bunch of people! How about instead of donating money for this we take the money that people are willing to donate and give it to a Toys For Tots type charity? As much as I'd like more corals I think there are children out there who would appreciate some nice gifts on Christmas more.

On a side note... Anyone know much about Toys For Tots? My wife and I buy a bunch of stuff for TFT every year, this year I seen an ad being run by a local car stealership... I mean dealership. anyways the ad says the toy must be worth at least $10. We usually got to Target and Walmart and buy about $100 worth of the toys that are just there for Christmas. Most of the toys we get are in the $4-$8 range. Anyone know if this is a charity rule? Or is it just the dealership?

I believe toys for tots will take all toys espicially new ones.

and if anyone is going to donate money this holiday season please donate to your local freemasons or shriners. -kthanks

salvation army really only gives 4 cents of every dollar you donate to help the needy.

Well guys, give me your feedback, should we send replacement coralz to ReefininNY or do something like Toys for Tots? Too bad we couldn't do some kinda matching thing, like for every dollar that goes to Toys for Tots, a dollar goes toward reimbursing someone who's been scammed on here recently.

I do know of one other worthy cause, but I'm not sure it would be fair to throw it out there since it's somewhat connected to me.

Input, anyone?

Just make Weetie a mod already! :D How many good things and good ideas does one person really need to come up with for us? Wonderful things all of them. I'm glad we have people like you around. I'm down for chipping in. I'm a big fan of toys for tots also and I do beleive that it can be any toy but must be new in the package.

Happy Holidays to all,

Bill

The matching thing would be pretty cool! That way several people would benefit!

Have any practical ideas on how to implement this?

I'm not sure I'd know where to start.

And thanks varanus, but I suspect I'm a little too unreliable right now due to life circumstances to be a mod.

It was a nice thought tho. :flower:

Okay guys, what about this.

What if we take donations and 1/2 goes toward shipping for ReefininNY and 1/2 goes towards Toys for Tots?

Only thing is, I would need someone else to get the toys and drop them off for Toys for Tots.

If we got more than we needed for ReefininNy's shipping, we could put the "scam relief" 1/2 of the funds towards helping "H" out with the light fixture he was supposed to get from Vertigo.

It was a 70w DIY fixture. "H" has the bulb, but he still needs to get the $30 ballast and the fairly cheap WalMart outer fixture housing. Vertigo said he was gonna ship the light to him yesterday with a tracking #, but H never got a PM w/the tracking # so we're waiting to see if it shows up now.

Let me know what you guys think about this.

I'm in for $5. Send me your Paypal info, Weetie :)

Thanks, but I'm gonna wait til we've got this ironed out before I send any PayPal info.

I wanna make sure we're all on the same page and know what we're doing before I start taking monies from anyone.

Really, I'm good with whatever. It goes to a good cause, whether to bless some kids with toys or restore faith in fellow reefers. My donation stands whatever you all feel is the best use. Since originally the purpose was to do right by the reefers, despite their protest, I'd still like to see it happen. Don't worry, I'm not depriving any other charitable organization to do so.

Archived