Cultivated Reef

VERTIGO

Vertigo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The posts were not childish or retarded.

ReefinNY posted because he wanted to get advice on how to handle a trade that didn't seem to be going well.

He wanted to give the other person (you Vertigo) the benefit of the doubt and didn't want to be unfair. He merely asked for advice on how others thought he should handle it.

He didn't even mention your name until others drug it out of him.

As usual, I started talking to ReefinNY to straighten out yet another transaction gone wrong, and through talking to him I discovered that there was another member who hadn't received something from you.

So I contacted the other member to find out what was going on, and here's where it started to get really interesting.

It turns out that he had sent you money for a light fixture that you had promised me.

I spoke to you not long ago in the LFS about this very light fixture, AFTER you had cashed his check, and you told me that we were still on for the transaction with the light.

That was a lie.

I understand life complications and being busy, believe me if ANYONE can claim that as an excuse right now I CAN, but life complications do not affect your ability to tell the truth.

FIX THIS AND FIX IT NOW.

Send ReefinNY and the other as yet unnamed person what you owe them.

Control yourself, brother.

You shouldn't post trades if you are too busy to keep up with them, and track stuff. That is just common sense.

Do the right thing, and pay the peeps you owe, then edit your post to an apology rather than an attack. I, for one, just reading this, have already decided you go on my blacklist of people to do business with. Too much hassle, and bad attitude.

Weet, for example, is MORE than reasonable to deal with if you communicate with her. She is completely easy going, and as long as she is kept in the loop, extremely patient. If you did her wrong, you are likely not going to be doing much business 'round here.

flame on? Flame on!

except OP is more incoherent than ozzy osbourne. A chronological recap would be nice

Ok, I'll give you a timeline.

I hope you have a lot of popcorn though, cause I'm going back to the very beginning.

Here ya go:

-Feb '07: I see the following thread from a local newb(Vert.) and offer to help him out:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

-March '07:A transaction is entered into that is beneficial & acceptable to both W7 & Vert.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=114746&hl=

-April '07: On W7's recommendation, Vert. purchases zoa frags from NRay203. There are problems w/the transaction and W7 intervenes and negotiates a settlement that could best be described as "Superficially Acceptable" to both Vert. and NRay203.

The entire saga is chronicled at great length and with much drama here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

-July '07: W7 interevenes in altercation between Vert. and mvite here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=124374&hl=

-Oct 29,'07: I see the following F/S post & contact Vert. to buy.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=135239&hl=

I have some of the $ but not all, Vert. says that's ok I'll hold it for you just give me the $ when you have it.

-At approx. the same time another member that I will call H contacts Vert. about buying this same light fixture. H mails a check for the fixture to Vert. on Nov. 6 '07.

-Nov 17, '07: I run into Vert. at the LFS, tell him I have most of the $ and expect to have the rest very shortly. He says no problem I'm not in a hurry, contact me in the next few days when you have it all & I'll bring it over to your place.

-Shortly after this, hubby spends most of the $ I had built up in PayPal to pay for this, and I start trying to raise the $ again. Turns out hubby did me a favor in this.

-Dec 1,'07: I see the following thread in which ReefinNY describes a trade he worked out with Vert. that he is having problems with:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...138300&st=0

I contact ReefinNY via PM to see if I can help resolve the situation and learn that another member (H) is having problems with Vert. as well.

I contact H via PM and learn that he has sent Vert. money for the same light fixture that I was supposed to be getting from him, but he hasn't received the light fixture from Vert. in the mail.

While I am in the middle of PM'ing H to straighten this out, Vert. sends me a PM to tell me that he accidentally broke the light fixture during construction work on his house.

H mailed the check for the light to Vert. 11 days before Vert. spoke to me in the LFS & indicated that he still had the light for me.

Vert. has since admitted to me via PM that he lied to me about the light.

That's all folks, you be the judge.

Lessons from this thread:

1. Don't trade with Vertigo

2. Request shipping that gives tracking #s

3. Make sure spouse/significant other has their own PayPal account

4. Don't F*** with Weety

4. Don't F*** with Weety

+1

4. Don't F*** with Weety

Item #1-- I will leave it to Vertigo to fix this one.

Item #2-- Totally agreed. If you have items shipped to you any way other than overnight, request Delivery Confirmation so that you will have a tracking #.

Item #3-- I tried to set up a separate PayPal account long ago, but you can't set up more than one PayPal account linked to any one bank account.

Item #4-- Actually, it takes a lot to get me to this point.

I have just a few simple ground rules:

-Respect yourself and others

-Don't mess with my family or my friends

-Don't lie to me

As long as you do these things, I will go way out of my way to help you in any way that I am able.

If you break the rules, we have a problem.

If you buy and print your Priority labels via PayPal, you get free Delivery Confirmation. :)

An excellent point, everyone take note of this!

Is something for sale in this thread?

Lol?

this is obnoxious........

but, its great to know that someone can put the story in chronological order at least. That first post was like word salad. I thought I was having some sort of right brain/left brain episode at first when reading it.

Is this issue resolved yet? :o

Another head injury yes---and just like Vertigo--that other one has moved on to another screen name already.

I wish someone had already identified Vertigo (aka "wolv"somethingorother) as a flake---OH FUGGING WAIT A SECOND.....I DID THAT ABOUT A YEAR AGO--but I'm just some a-hole who hassles everyone, right?

FU---I can spot a rotten one from a mile away---It's been my gift in "real life"---and now it transposes to text.

You don't have to log on every day Vertigo---just enough to take care of the deals you promised people.

As a matter of fact---if you would just log on less---this wouldn't have ever happened in the first place.

Do us a favor---GIVE THE MONEY BACK---and then BEAT IT, FLAKE.

Buyers should not allow this guy to send coral instead---bad move.

I understand life gets busy---but you have either killed coral you shipped--or otherwise screwed things up in transactions---as far as I can tell.

But then again---that Weetabix---She's a real hard person to get along with. :rolleyes:

Another head injury yes---and just like Vertigo--that other one has moved on to another screen name already.

I wish someone had already identified Vertigo (aka "wolv"somethingorother) as a flake---OH FUGGING WAIT A SECOND.....I DID THAT ABOUT A YEAR AGO--but I'm just some a-hole who hassles everyone, right?

I was trying to remember his previous S/N. Good lookin' out MVITE.

FU---I can spot a rotten one from a mile away---It's been my gift in "real life"---and now it transposes to text.

You don't have to log on every day Vertigo---just enough to take care of the deals you promised people.

As a matter of fact---if you would just log on less---this wouldn't have ever happened in the first place.

Do us a favor---GIVE THE MONEY BACK---and then BEAT IT, FLAKE.

Buyers should not allow this guy to send coral instead---bad move.

I understand life gets busy---but you have either killed coral you shipped--or otherwise screwed things up in transactions---as far as I can tell.

But then again---that Weetabix---She's a real hard person to get along with. :rolleyes:

heeees back :lol:

would that be ur boy adin? :D

No--he doesn't talk to me too much. He just replies to things.

Now if wolv/Vertigo is true to form---he will post a retart retort shortly.

He may even PM me---if I have unblocked him, that is......

Archived