Cultivated Reef

Free Digital TDS Meter!

Mitch529

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL @ everyone buying this.

I got 2 of these off Woot! and they were the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen. A shattered Coralife hydrometer would be more accurate.

these aren't used to measure sg. but to measure total dissolved solids. its good for testing tap water and comparing to your ro/di water source to see how your filters are doing. or just to see how bad your water is. these are not for testing saltwater

these aren't used to measure sg. but to measure total dissolved solids. its good for testing tap water and comparing to your ro/di water source to see how your filters are doing. or just to see how bad your water is. these are not for testing saltwater

That's what I thought.

Well I think I'm able to fit this one into my college reefing budget. Hopfully someone will have another TDS meter that they can compair this one to and post the results.

Well I think I'm able to fit this one into my college reefing budget. Hopfully someone will have another TDS meter that they can compair this one to and post the results.

+1 It would be cool to do a comparison.

Pardon my ignorance, but what would a hydrometer have to do with this? Did you use it to measure SG?
That's what I thought.

He did not mean it was to be used as a hydrometer but made fun of the fact that a busted hydrometer would be as useful.

it is not funny when someone has to explain it guys.

I have one from premium aquatics that I could test but am too lazy to order this one.

Oh, don't be. It's so easy. I have never used one and would love to know the reliability of this one.

Just heard about a internet scam to get credit card numbers by offering free stuff that you will probably never use!?!

Has anyone heard anything?

:P

Just ordered. Thanks for the heads up. Now I just need to know when the $1/gallon sales are.

Just had them a couple months ago. So, next year :)

I just ordered one. At first I didn't think I would be able to because I used this to get a $0.78(CA Tax) 1 Gig Memory Stick 2 weeks ago. I just used a different email address and it let me order one for $0.78(CA Tax). I have one already so I'll compare them when I get it. Even if it's a piece of poo, it was only $0.78. :D

Archived