Cultivated Reef

Mag-Racks!

Sushi

Hello Nano-Reefers! I wanted to share my invention with you guys...

A little history first: I started making Mag-Racks for locals only on www.sdreefs.com. The thread can be found HERE. It's been almost a year now since I've been making them and I would like to share it with the members of www.nano-reef.com ... Basically, I was tired of having nowhere to grow out and place my frags. Several people make their own magnetic racks with Mag-Floats and superglue the contraption together, but I wanted something more presentable and clean-cut (also something not so space demanding).

The end result was the "mag-rack" ... These are my "2nd generation" models and are made of 100% black egg-crate, attached to a high grade neodymium magnet via clear casting resin. They are designed to hold different frag-plugs and hold well for most tanks with glass thinner than 1/2". They have been time tested in numerous tanks and are 100% safe to use underwater in reef aquaria.

br008.jpg

If interested, please visit my website for more pics, info on sizes, dimensions, and prices! Thanks :)

www.mag-racks.com -- Frag More! :happy:

Signature.jpg

WE HAVE MOVED!

VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE @ http://www.blackrockreef.com

EDIT: Don't PM me, just go through the website! Thank You...

*Permission was granted by the Administrator (Christopher Marks) to post this thread.*

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'm getting some errors on the site with it not calculating the correct shipping.

I'm going to partially refund some of you who've placed orders. For now, I'm going to take these "off" until I can fix the shipping calculation issue. So sorry for the mishap, I'll see what the problem is and fix it asap.

too bad you don't ship to Canada. could you?

The reason why I don't ship internationally is because it costs too much. Priority shipping to Canada costs nearly 2x more than domestic. International shipping will cost about 3x more than domestic. I guess I can do it under special circumstances for those who are willing to pay the shipping, otherwise, it's just much easier to do it domestic.

D,

You have black eggcrate now? I need another rack!

Yep, it took a LONG while to track it down... these are officially "2nd generation" Mag-Racks, the cuts are cleaner too and more flush. You can tell from the pics in the photo-album which are new and which are old if you have a good eye :)

Thanks again for all the comments... and I have to apologize for the shopping cart error, I kind of hate PayPal's HTML code cuz some of it is so damn confusing. For the time being I am not taking any orders until I fix the issue. Sorry again! -_-

UPDATE: Alright! I fixed the shopping cart, it now properly adds the correct S&H.

www.mag-racks.com

those are so cool ! could i just pick mine up from you ? im in socal ? is the shipping for priority ?

Sorry, I'm not doing local pick-ups unless for a group buy or something. Shipping is for priority mail, and in most places here in California, it's as good as overnight.

i got one coming...i cant wait. Seems like a great product

Yep, yours is all packed and ready to go! :)

nice uchi!

Thanks Adin :D

I was wondering why the shipping at paypal was different.
The PayPal cart was somehow applying the shipping rates twice ... and it was incorrectly charging the correct shipping amount. I had those payments refunded and fixed the problem with the shopping cart. The amounts now charge the correct values for shipping. Sorry about the confusion, I was thrown off for a bit when I was looking over my records.
no local pickup = lame.
Thanks for the kind words :) But realistically, I can't do local pick-ups because I don't want to deal with strangers coming over to my house every few days. 1-2 people a YEAR, no problem... but 1-2 people a WEEK, no thanks. I don't have the time to call, PM, and schedule appointments for everyone local. I'm sorry... shipping via Priority USPS is the most convenient method, and it will ONLY be done this way.
Just ordered a medium rack. Look forward to getting it.
I got your info, you should be getting your rack this week. :)All PMs and E-Mails have been returned.
Just ordered a medium rack of ribs and a cup holder.Now... if only I can find some frag plugs.
Hehe... Got your info too. You'll be getting your package later in the week!

WOW!!!

Im so happy I just stumbled upon this thread.

I have been debating making a mag float frag rack for the last couple weeks.

These look awesome! I placed an order for a small rack. Can't wait...

For those of you who ordered late last night and today, your racks will go out tomorrow.

You will be getting a USPS delivery confirmation e-mail with tracking later this evening. :D

I want to order some but would like to get some of the scraps to make the stabilizers you show on the site.

Is this possible.

I have not seen black eggcrate around here.

I have one of these! If you get one, you too can own eye gouging frags such as these! wow! Frag rack makes all the difference in your reef. And great for light acclimation too. This product has my full endorsement!

1zld9j9.jpg

Sasuke: I will pm you about getting a large and a medium(?) once the fire situation dies down. I also want to replace my small with a black eggcrate one. Anything we could work out? coughdiscountforrepeatbuyercough

Archived