Top Shelf Aquatics

Mag-Racks!

Sushi

Thanks for posting pics guys! :) It's good to see them put to good use!

The next batch of these will ship this Friday...

As for renaming them... A, C, D.... We'll see :)

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Argent, thanks for the beautiful pics... Those rics look sweet! :)

EDIT: Thanks for everyone else who posted pics too! I appreciate it, I'll try to update my website with pics taken from the members of www.Nano-Reef.com in the near future.

Geez... that's not good. First time I've seen that... Maybe it's different since I have a "DASH" in my product? :P Theirs look so nice though, I'm jealous of their packaging.

I like the magnets you use better. Its also nice that you include the little braces even for the small product.

I just got mine as part of a group order. Thank you, it is very nice.

islandcreation

Funny... I have a patent on the process but it has nothing to do with eggcrates. I created my first holder with eggcrates about a little under two years with neodyium magnets. Just like you probably encountered when you made your first batch that the magnet slowly corroded (however you spell it). Then I covered the magnet inside the tank with a seal and that worked out great (just like what you have but your is better). For patenting, can you say rip off. You pay $2500-$5,000 for an individual to search if theirs even patent if there is you still pay the individual. After thats done you have to get a demo made (which is shady too because you have to have them fill out forums just incase they try to take your patent). After you have your demo then you can proceed in getting your patent finalized. Hope this pays off.... Or atleast break even.

Again, there is so much more I just gave an over view. I spent close to $6,000 so far but that included the demo along with packaging.

Here's my first holder about two years ago.

corals009-1.jpg

hypertech, thanks for good feedback.

islandcreation, yea... the patenting process seems like a very daunting task, not just from a monetary standpoint too. I doubt I will be pursuing a patent, I am still a hobbyist at heart and not near the functional capacity of a business. Regarding the 1st batch, I made them with neodymium magnets encased in resin already, the only changes I've made were with the color/style of egg-crate.

Anyways, thanks for the comments. I had another batch ship this FRIDAY (yesterday), and should arrive before Thanksgiving (I hope!). For those of you who ordered yesterday or this weekend, your orders will go out Monday/Tuesday.

Glad you guys are putting these things to good use! More captive raised frags for everyone :)

• 2 weeks later...
Got mine today. Couldn't be happier, just what I was looking for. Thanks :)

Glad you got it.

There were a few orders placed last holiday weekend during Thanksgiving... I want to apologize in advance for any shipping delays that occured. The packages were sent on Saturday and should be arriving this week. Thanks :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys... much appreciated!

Unfortunately, I am all sold out of Mag-Racks right now. :( The last batch I made sold out pretty fast throughout the holidays.

I plan on making some more and re-stocking within 2-3 weeks and will update the website when ready.

Also, I will be working on a "Heavy Duty" Mag-Rack designed for 5/8" and 3/4" thick acrylic/glass tanks. These will be similar to the Large-size mag-rack but use super strength high grade magnets capable of pulling through thicker tanks. I doubt many people here on Nano-Reef will have tanks this thick, but it'll be an option for those of you who have the need for a mag-rack capable of holding heavier loads through thicker glass.

www.mag-racks.com

Just got my first Mag-Rack. AWESOME!!! :D Love it!! I ordered it just before Christmas and it came really quick.

Thanks a bunch for a great product!!

• 1 month later...

It took a while, but I finally had the chance to make more Mag-Racks and restock.

Some of you who already put in your order should be receiving your Mag-Racks early this upcoming week!

Also, a new "line" of Mag-Racks has been developed called the XL (for 1/2 - 3/4" thick tanks).

For more info, visit www.mag-racks.com :)

Archived