Top Shelf Aquatics

EZ III

ezcompany

Hey, eye candy is eye candy - old or new ;)

The 46 needs a HOB skimmer. It is essentially an all in one. No sump and a false back that hides a filtration compartment. I'd have to drill to add an external skimmer - which I don't want to do. I may hold off on the skimmer upgrade as I have pseudo clearance on the home front to upgrade that whole system to a bigger tank. It is the tank that I cut my reef teeth on so it has a lot of room for improvement :)

Warner Marine is coming out with new hob skimmers so keep a look out on those ;)

My aquapod started around May of this time 2 years ago, so it kind of feels like a 2 year anniversary~~

i can't believe its only been 2 years! I've definitely learned a lot....

check out this quote i found:

made in June 15 of 2006:

"added an sps today. first sps~ pray it does well. some sort of acro..."

img26456iq.jpg

haha so nostalgic....

img26218mm.jpg

i forgot i actually named my first b/w clam "Nero"....lol

img3879yi0.jpg

img3977kf6.jpg

i believe this was my oregon tort....

img3417ua8.jpg

and after a few transfers, moves, and tank crashes,

2yyxema.jpg

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef
Thank you, what system do you have now?

I've still got my pretty much stock ap24 (link in sig), I'm getting a job over the summer (I'm 14) so i should get enough $$$$ saved for a sunpod.

tmantaylor18

Tank looks great man. Were you at CDF? If so did I meet you? haha I was the younger white guy with the A's hat and the blonde gf. By the way your clams are amazing.

Tank looks great man. Were you at CDF? If so did I meet you? haha I was the younger white guy with the A's hat and the blonde gf. By the way your clams are amazing.

i was at CDF, wasn't being too social though lol

i was sitting in the corner eating....and eating.....

er1c_the_reefer
i was at CDF, wasn't being too social though lol

i was sitting in the corner eating....and eating.....

KTNRS.

ktnrs=korea town nano reef society? lol koreans ftw

hi ez what kinda live rock is that in your tank and just wanted to compliment on how you've placed all your corals your scape looks very clean

ktnrs=korea town nano reef society? lol koreans ftw

hi ez what kinda live rock is that in your tank and just wanted to compliment on how you've placed all your corals your scape looks very clean

you got ktnrs down lol

The live rock is Vanuatu Live Rock, this stuff is harder to find than your regular fiji, tonga or marshall, but the rock itself is amazingly light, porous, and fantastic looking!

Received the Aquascene (Icefire) echinata and grafted simplex today, tiny frags but well worth the price. pics to come later hopefully!

I came home to a power outage on my tank alone, wondered why, saw a hole through my mesh netting, and my Lineatus dried up next to the power outlets with water everywhere.

i'm through with fish...

the little wrasse almost had a successful kamikaze mission on your tank?

look on the bright side ez at least your tank didnt crash and also your tank is still sexy as hell <_<

Wow. What rotten luck!

Did a GFCI circuit trip or did it splash that much water on the cords?

I think something has happened to all of my wrasses - 1 six line died during a power failure. The replacement six line hardwood surfed. A carpenter wrasse jumped into the overflow and I could not catch him. He finally jumped back, recovered well and then disappeared - presumably on the floor behind the tank where I can't get to. I am not done with fish but I think I am done with wrasses ;)

thanks for the condolences guys and girls...

brshiver: the fish tripped the gfci. at least your sixline was you know, on the cheaper side ;) the stupid lineatus cost a grip T_T

thanks for the condolences guys and girls...

brshiver: the fish tripped the gfci. at least your sixline was you know, on the cheaper side ;) the stupid lineatus cost a grip T_T

Yep ;) The three wrasses combined were probably still under C note. Still way short of a lineatus.

I am still itching to try an Achilles Tang. The LFS is supposed to get some in this week. They'll be my achilles heel ;)

Glad to hear you had the GFCI.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey EZ,

So sorry to hear of the loss - that's a real bummer. Your tank looks great as always. I've always followed your threads since I had two APs and now a Solana. You're a great source of inspiration!

Quick question - I noticed your not using the flexible tubing on the return. Is it closed off and rerouted or simply returning with no nozzle? The reason I ask is because I want to close mine off since I need that space for a monti cap that is growing quickly. I thought I would reroute the return so I'm looking for ideas/suggestions on the best way to close off the hole in the bulkhead and to reroute the return. Any suggestions?

Archived