Coral Vue Hydros

EZ III

ezcompany

Hey EZ,

So sorry to hear of the loss - that's a real bummer. Your tank looks great as always. I've always followed your threads since I had two APs and now a Solana. You're a great source of inspiration!

Quick question - I noticed your not using the flexible tubing on the return. Is it closed off and rerouted or simply returning with no nozzle? The reason I ask is because I want to close mine off since I need that space for a monti cap that is growing quickly. I thought I would reroute the return so I'm looking for ideas/suggestions on the best way to close off the hole in the bulkhead and to reroute the return. Any suggestions?

simply returning with no nozzle :)

i think it would be a headache to reroute your return, how are you going to drill with your tank filled? or you can make a hose go over the top and have it return something else...

24v19q0.jpg

21kkp76.jpg

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tank looks amazing, as always, EZ.

Tunze makes a nano wavebox!?!?!? You *MUST* post pics of this thing in action, I am really curious as to how well this nano version works. I am a Tunze fanatic. Everything I have ever bought of theirs has worked extremely well, so I am always excited to see when they put a new product out.

- Josh

The tank looks amazing, as always, EZ.

Tunze makes a nano wavebox!?!?!? You *MUST* post pics of this thing in action, I am really curious as to how well this nano version works. I am a Tunze fanatic. Everything I have ever bought of theirs has worked extremely well, so I am always excited to see when they put a new product out.

- Josh

its not yet out yet :( winter 2008

SeeDemTails

I like the new fish better!

Fancy wrasses just dont do it for me, although yours was really nice, except coris wrasses.....I might have to get one of those for the 60 acrylic......if he tries to just he will make a nice impact with the acrylic splash guard.

Sunburst Anthia? Looks like a beautiful specimen you got there. Look forward to seeing more pictures of it in the tank. The design and coloration on these fish is out of this world.

you should get a few couple more and get a trio of the anthias

nice fish, my fav anthias

i wish, the tanks too small and the flame wrasse is too aggressive :(

SeeDemTails

Have bumped into your eflo yet when you were cleaning and have a little fraggie laying around by any chance?! :P;)

simply returning with no nozzle :)

i think it would be a headache to reroute your return, how are you going to drill with your tank filled? or you can make a hose go over the top and have it return something else...

24v19q0.jpg

21kkp76.jpg

I never even thought of drilling since the tank is already full (although I did it with a previous tank and it was a huge headache). I'm thinking of simply putting a return hose over the side in the right rear since it's not easily seen due to the Sunpod.

Love your new addition btw...

oh my fraggin gosh!

EZ, awesome tank. I've been following along but I still want to ask (although I feel you already answered this), but how are you dosing your Ca?

I'm thinking of getting a Korallin within the month, but not sure yet.

EZ, awesome tank. I've been following along but I still want to ask (although I feel you already answered this), but how are you dosing your Ca?

I'm thinking of getting a Korallin within the month, but not sure yet.

i'm currently.....manually dosing lol

i have a deltec pf509 lying around with all the stuff i need, i just never got my butt to set it up :(

Have bumped into your eflo yet when you were cleaning and have a little fraggie laying around by any chance?! :P;)

lol are you looking for other frags too? that would be a better deal for both you and me :)

oh my fraggin gosh!
i'm currently.....manually dosing lol

i have a deltec pf509 lying around with all the stuff i need, i just never got my butt to set it up :(

Wow, you can actually keep up with that?

My Solana has two leaks, one now, the other I sealed. Just tested it to confirm, but the other is still very little. I refuse to return it, and will put another coat of AGA silicon tomorrow to seal up that spot... wish me luck.

I am always looking for frags!

me too! ;-)

Hey EZ, i'm runing an MCE600 on my sisters 54g ... NICE skimmer, works VERY well! - ever thought about running one of them?

Have you replaced the stock circulation pump yet? If so - what did you go with. We're looking to replace this thing. too weak w/ the chiller.

me too! ;-)

Hey EZ, i'm runing an MCE600 on my sisters 54g ... NICE skimmer, works VERY well! - ever thought about running one of them?

Have you replaced the stock circulation pump yet? If so - what did you go with. We're looking to replace this thing. too weak w/ the chiller.

stock circulation pump is just in there, i'm using a seperate hydor pump for the chiller. lemme know when you find a pump to push through both chiller and return!

i think the mce600 is overkill, though i'm running a H2 skimmer from Warner Marine right now.

United_Poseidon
stock circulation pump is just in there, i'm using a seperate hydor pump for the chiller. lemme know when you find a pump to push through both chiller and return!

i think the mce600 is overkill, though i'm running a H2 skimmer from Warner Marine right now.

I looked for some time trying to find a internal pump with enoungh ballz to do this. I finally just went external and have a Panworld 50PX accomplishing this job nicely. Had to dial the chiller return down with a ball valve though.

• 3 weeks later...
Quick question. Your water is crystal clear. How do you do it????? lol

water changes, mechanical filtration, gfo, and protein skimming :)

no carbon

Wait a sec, GFO.... But I thought...?

Any reason for no carbon?

gfo in minute quantities, i keep a very close eye on the clams.

i find no benefit on using carbon, the main use of it is to remove organics but protein skimming does more than a good job on this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How the tank going ez? I just re-read the whole thread since I haven't checked in for a few months.

tank is just chugging along, i've been very out of touch with this hobby, haven't purchased any livestock, just letting everything grow and fight each other :)

i'll try to get a pic soon, as soon as the gf returns the camera.

all clams are alive, no corals lost, but i've experienced a few malfunctions with the modded nanos, which are now sent to Roger at Tunze USA.

fishwise i have a flame wrasse pair, and one sunburst anthia. all healthy, all bursting with colors :)

AcroporaLokani
tank is just chugging along, i've been very out of touch with this hobby, haven't purchased any livestock, just letting everything grow and fight each other :)

i'll try to get a pic soon, as soon as the gf returns the camera.

all clams are alive, no corals lost, but i've experienced a few malfunctions with the modded nanos, which are now sent to Roger at Tunze USA.

fishwise i have a flame wrasse pair, and one sunburst anthia. all healthy, all bursting with colors :)

I know what you mean with getting out of touch with fish tanks usually happens to me every once and a while then I do a water change and BOOM the coral addiction kicks back in :D.

• 1 month later...

whew.

didn't do a water change in almost 2 months!!! the sunset wasn't looking too hot...but my purple monster turned insanely huge! amazing when you don't touch your tank for a long time lol

finally got my butt around to clean a few things.

switched out the GFO, cleaned the skimmer, did a 30% water change.

will post some pics tomorrow :)

p.s. i had a hard time finding my own tank thread -.-

whew.

didn't do a water change in almost 2 months!!! the sunset wasn't looking too hot...but my purple monster turned insanely huge! amazing when you don't touch your tank for a long time lol

finally got my butt around to clean a few things.

switched out the GFO, cleaned the skimmer, did a 30% water change.

will post some pics tomorrow :)

p.s. i had a hard time finding my own tank thread -.-

can't wait for the pics......

your tanks have been my inspiration since I started reefing!!!

Archived