Top Shelf Aquatics

EZ III

ezcompany

How did you like the geismann megachrome i dont think i ever read your review on it? Is it what you are currently using? Spectacular tank by the way an inspiration to everyone.

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did you like the geismann megachrome i dont think i ever read your review on it? Is it what you are currently using? Spectacular tank by the way an inspiration to everyone.

Sorry for the hijack EZ, but I have a 150w 12.5k giessmann megachrome bulb with 460nm 2x 18w acintics. the color is awesome, not to yellow, not too blue, nice crisp white, very bright. Corals like it, get full PE on the few sps I do have. I've had halides fo a bit over 2 weeks, so we'll see how good of growth I get. The bulb is only a month old, so it's burned in already, but not near ready to be replaced.

Have mercy! I love this tank.

This is one of those tanks that is hard to pic a favorite. The fish? SPS? Clams? They are all sweet!

xenon - i maintain ca/alk via manual 2 part dosing. never got around to installing the Deltec CA reactor, or a 2 part dosing pump~ lazy wins

polysynth - the warner marine h2 skimmer is a much higher capacity skimmer than the mce300, but both are more than adequate for this tank. i don't have a preference as both are excellent skimmers, but i do keep the deltec as the back up.

ace1204 - the megachrome 12.5 k is the perfect light for me as it is the whitest. i personally despise the phoenix bulbs or 20k bulbs as they are much too blue for me. i have a preference for more natural lighting schemes

thanks for the comments and inputs everyone :)

Are you actually anchoring corals to your back wall? That's kind of what it looks like.

Your tanks have always been a source of inspiration to me. In fact, you're one of the reasons I've added SPS to my tank. I think sometime soon it will be nothing but stony corals.

polysynth - the warner marine h2 skimmer is a much higher capacity skimmer than the mce300, but both are more than adequate for this tank. i don't have a preference as both are excellent skimmers, but i do keep the deltec as the back up.

Your 250W Sunpod is working well on my tank. Color on my SPS are taking off. The fans a lil loud but that's Current's fault. Thanks for the deal. I intended on talking to you for a lil bit when I picked up the light but i was so tired from the traffic.

Anyhow, the H2 skimmer...how did you set it up and what kind of skimmate are you getting?? Mine is very wet and can't get dry foam out of it even if I set the neck high. So what are your water levels??

Are you actually anchoring corals to your back wall? That's kind of what it looks like.

Your tanks have always been a source of inspiration to me. In fact, you're one of the reasons I've added SPS to my tank. I think sometime soon it will be nothing but stony corals.

None of the corals are attached to the backwall. Thanks for the compliments

polysynth, glad to hear the light working out for you, it should give you years of good growth :)

stoney waters

I read somewhere the megachromes are actually made by Ushio and the 12.5ks are repackaged Ushio 14ks. Is there any truth to this that you know of.

Always loved your tanks EZ.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
EZ IV.... be prepared

This better be set up ASAP, oh and NOT sitting at Er1c's house either, lol!! I'm uber jealous of EZ IV!! :tears:

All I can say is I know what it's gonna be and it'll be one of the finest tanks on NR when all is said and done! B)

Nick's Reef

Some ! run to eric's house and take pics! (points to phixion) :P

Anyway, can''t wait to see what you do EZ! :)

Archived