SaltCritters.com

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

Beautiful set up as always.... I also put in an order to you Monday for the media basket, fish saver, and the Tunze cup. Too bad you don't sell the skimmer too or I would of got that from you. :D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. If it was in-stock then it has left my warehouse in the past two days. I am going to look into selling the Tunze skimmer after my move, along with chemi pure and other consumable items. I try and pick up a few used Tunze at this point to offer to customers.

Thanks again, if it was a media basket for the Tunze, it was not in-stock. I will have more made up when I get back from California, they are pretty hot sellers right now.

Thanks again, if it was a media basket for the Tunze, it was not in-stock. I will have more made up when I get back from California, they are pretty hot sellers right now.

Thats me :( well I guess I will wait.

Just a razor blade, I put it up against the part I wanted to cut and it just snapped, basically scored the area. It happened really fast so in all I really don't know what really happned, but they break rather easy at the "dead" spots.

It was the first time I had fragged this coral and all went well. I can't say I wasn't worried since it is a centerpiece and worth a lot of ching.

For those that are interested in my skimmer cup mod. I drilled 6 holes in the lid, may be over kill but it seemed to help a little. I stuck the air hose in one of the holes to cut down on the sucking sound, that helped A LOT! the pump is still noisy. I used a 7/32" drill bit.

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

Hi stevie, i must day great tank!

im having problems with my skimmer.if i turn the adjuster off too much i get loads of bubbles in my main tank. then when i close it more the bubbles stop appearing but there is nothing being collected in my main tank

im having problems with my skimmer.if i turn the adjuster off too much i get loads of bubbles in my main tank. then when i close it more the bubbles stop appearing but there is nothing being collected in my main tank

sorry i meant nothing be collected in the skimmer cup!

:welcome:

Do you have the 130D? from the sounds of it you have an adjuster. I never had one on my skimmer so I really know nothing of it. Most take out the Red Sea skimmer regardless since it is a piece of junk and under performs. I would think you will be happier with the Tunze 9002 if you can not figure out this skimmer.

Hey Steve,i don't know if you ever had the Red Sea Hydrometer,but today i bought a good refractometer for measuring the salinity.While the RS hydrometer that came with the tank's starterskit is showing a 1.024 salinity while the refractometer shows a 1.028!This just shows how far off these cheap things from RS are...

Fragged. Tank is very mad at me right now.

IMG_9419.jpg

Hey Stevie, what is the grass in the "The Crab Mowing the Grass" picture? just to the right of the clam?

Can you give me the details of the skimmer mod. I have the rsm 250. running for 3 days so far. I hate the bubble sucking noise from that air hose. Its driving me crazy lol. it the tip of the tube going down into the water of the cup or the foam. Also do u still have an adjuster on the hose for fine tunning. Thanks. Also no foam yet but i think its too early for me to get foam. Thanks

cheers stevie, i will keep my eye out for a tunze 9002 skimmer

Can you give me the details of the skimmer mod. I have the rsm 250. running for 3 days so far. I hate the bubble sucking noise from that air hose. Its driving me crazy lol. it the tip of the tube going down into the water of the cup or the foam. Also do u still have an adjuster on the hose for fine tunning. Thanks. Also no foam yet but i think its too early for me to get foam. Thanks

Is this directed at me or not? The only mod that did anything to my skimmer was sticking the air hose into to the cup. you just drill a hole and jam it in there. Other than that the stock skimmer is a piece of junk. But I have an older 130 so apparently the skimmers have been 'upgraded' and I don't know anything about the special super good skimmer they are including with tanks now.

My money is that you rip it out over time and go with a different brand.

The only thing that is making the rsm skimmer a bit better is with the inlet upgrade.Or whatever it's called.

The tank survived another vacation. It is always nice to come back to zero loss and a full water line thanks to the ATO.

It was really nice and it sucks to be back. It was in the 80s most days, everything is in bloom and the hollywood nut jobs were out in full force. Trying to catch up today and help with the move.

I like your HUGE skimmer, it is scarry looking.

stevie i got you next product this but for like teh biocube and nanocube etc. its a great place to put a piece of filter floss.

It was really nice and it sucks to be back. It was in the 80s most days, everything is in bloom and the hollywood nut jobs were out in full force. Trying to catch up today and help with the move.

I like your HUGE skimmer, it is scarry looking.

:naughtydance:

WB Stevie!!!

Looks like you are catching on in CA, Central Valley...

http://www.cvreefers.org/showthread.php?t=...;highlight=bc29

I talked to two others that are ordering as well.. good stuff!

Nice! Thank you I really appreciate it. CA is by far my most shipped to state. France is the largest out of the country, come on Canada why are you slacking?

:lol: at using Jer's AV.

Guy on Nano-Reef is at 11600 in two years (StevieT) - he posted some good stuff but he sure mixed a lot crappage in his posts in between

Well duh, the lounge is distracting. But if you count in PMs that are reef related and not caculated on the post count, I would say we are about even :D

Well duh, the lounge is distracting. But if you count in PMs that are reef related and not caculated on the post count, I would say we are about even :D

I knew right after I submitted the post that you where going to find that.

stevie i got you next product this but for like teh biocube and nanocube etc. its a great place to put a piece of filter floss.

gess thats a no. and welcome back!

Archived