Coral Vue Hydros

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

hit photo limit, again

With a little luck someone will come along, post "Nice pix!" and then you can post more. :D

Looking good! I just noticed that you have a purple firefish too. Cindy keeps asking for an angel fish. At first I recommended no until I realized she was asking for a bangaii cardinal. ;) The directions for those indicate it will do better in a well established tank so we'll wait. Our next inhabitant will more likely be a shrimp.

-hank

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, I really like those cardinals, I would have one but my pajama would distroy it, oh well, next time!

I have had that firefish for as long as this tank, way to pay attention ;)

just three that didn't fit

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

Tank looks great! Nice to see that production of racks and cups isn't taking so much time that you're neglecting your corals and fish! :bling:

thanks, luckily the tank takes care of itself at this stage. Just dose a few times a week and do the water changes. Since production has started, I have been doing them every other week, I need to change that, but so far no ill effects. It felt good to get an update done finally, took some pictures yesterday while taking a break from the racks and cups.

I think I built 20+ racks this weekend and 15+ cups.... my fingers are done for a few days!

haha, no kidding! That thing is so HUGE, he mows down my glass every night for me, the magfloat is rarely used. What a fat ass snail.

yeah, this morning I looked at my finger tips and they were pretty chewed up. The skimmer cups are reallying wearing on them since I have to get those sides so perfect and with a lot of pressure, the edges of the acrylic can really make these tinny cuts in them. So it is probably a good idea to throw some tight fitting gloves on or even some laytex. The baskets are made in a jig so they are easier on the hands.

Tonight is going to be vinyl work, give the fingers a break for a day!

fantastic colors and pictures ! my rsm is only 4 weeks old, I just hope to be able to do the same ;)

Thank you my French friend. Time brings a nice reef, just give is some of that and some $$$$ or in your case a lot of FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

The €€€€€ or $$$$$v whatever, are already gone with the wind ! :D so far ~1550 Eur / 2410 USD since I bought the RSM. I am now on the edge of an abyssal cliff ;) I've played all my cards to justify my expenses (noise with the tunze skimmer, comfort with the ATO, cool stuff with the IntTank Reactor, and now I see the eyes of the wife upon me, I'd better stay away to cross the WAF red line :D Hopefully time is free and I can spend as much as I want on my tank :)

Very nice looking tank u have. Kudos.

BTW, I will be setting up a 2nd hand RSM in my office in July.

Hope u can share with me the modifications u have made to achieve ur results and the maintenance needed.

My only modification is an additional wavemaker and chiller to keep the temperature around 27 degrees as I lived Singapore.

The tank already has some coralline algae and live rocks but it was mainly a FOWLR tank. I am thinking of putting in some soft corals and in the future SPS if possible.

Thanks!

What is the pink coral in the bottom right corner of your tank? It's on a rock that's sitting by itself on the sand bottom.

What is the pink coral in the bottom right corner of your tank? It's on a rock that's sitting by itself on the sand bottom.

sun coral, opens at night, I have yet to trick it to open in the daytime. Very awesome looking coral at night, when I am not here to see it :angry: I do stay here late some nights working on production, so that is when I can feed it as it needs to eat mysis. nom nom nom

Very nice looking tank u have. Kudos.

BTW, I will be setting up a 2nd hand RSM in my office in July.

Hope u can share with me the modifications u have made to achieve ur results and the maintenance needed.

My only modification is an additional wavemaker and chiller to keep the temperature around 27 degrees as I lived Singapore.

The tank already has some coralline algae and live rocks but it was mainly a FOWLR tank. I am thinking of putting in some soft corals and in the future SPS if possible.

Thanks!

Great! an OfficeMax in Singapore! Let me know when you get started

The €€€€€ or $$$$$v whatever, are already gone with the wind ! :D so far ~1550 Eur / 2410 USD since I bought the RSM. I am now on the edge of an abyssal cliff ;) I've played all my cards to justify my expenses (noise with the tunze skimmer, comfort with the ATO, cool stuff with the IntTank Reactor, and now I see the eyes of the wife upon me, I'd better stay away to cross the WAF red line :D Hopefully time is free and I can spend as much as I want on my tank :)

aaaaaaa, the €, forgot about that, brain fart!

I have not been too active on NR lately. Just too busy. The first thing I do is to check your thread and I saw pics ... very nice pics Steve and I really like your monti cap too.

I have not been too active on NR lately. Just too busy. The first thing I do is to check your thread and I saw pics ... very nice pics Steve and I really like your monti cap too.

Thank you! Yes, we haven't herd from you lately, summers are usually very busy. Thanks for checking in.

jedihunter2983

hello stevie im new to this and really looking forward to getting my rsm soon because of your awsome tank. you have helpped me so much in reading youre thread, and hopfully i can have one as nice as yours one day soon.

i would like tostart mine off right from the begging and not even mess with the stock scimmer and would like to know how to get your media rack and skimmer cup mod, to give me a better chance at sucsess. and by the way keep up the great work.

lilredneckman

Hey Stevie. I was thinking last night about adding a DIY 70w Mh along with the stock bulbs. My only problem is i dont quite know where to put it. I was thinking about adding it to the front of the hood (the part that folds up for easy access). I think I would just have to cut out the part where you can put the test tubes for testing because i am pretty sure that it is hallow, I think ill go check right now.

Do you have any input on this and do you know if anyone has ever tried this before?

Hey Stevie. I was thinking last night about adding a DIY 70w Mh along with the stock bulbs. My only problem is i dont quite know where to put it. I was thinking about adding it to the front of the hood (the part that folds up for easy access). I think I would just have to cut out the part where you can put the test tubes for testing because i am pretty sure that it is hallow, I think ill go check right now.

Do you have any input on this and do you know if anyone has ever tried this before?

I just saw a nanotuners mod for 70w and 150w HQI

http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php...products_id=503

http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php...products_id=399

They also have detailed instructions for the setup. Maybe it can give you some ideas.

http://www.nanocustoms.com/support/1150HRSM.pdf

Hope this helps.

hello stevie im new to this and really looking forward to getting my rsm soon because of your awsome tank. you have helpped me so much in reading youre thread, and hopfully i can have one as nice as yours one day soon.

i would like tostart mine off right from the begging and not even mess with the stock scimmer and would like to know how to get your media rack and skimmer cup mod, to give me a better chance at sucsess. and by the way keep up the great work.

:welcome:

I look forward to seeing your RSM being set up! Good plan on doing it right from the start, you will have a much nicer tank sooner. I will PM you with details on the media rack and skimmer cup. Thanks!

I know a few have done the nanotuners upgrade, who they were I have to remember. You can also do a hang on light if you would like, but then you have an open top tank. I sent a light to Landlubber in New Zealand, 150W MH with 4 T5s. I don't think adding the light to the flip up lid is the best way to go, I would think you have to add it to the middle of the hood where the stock lighting is for best results.

I always wondered if you wanted to upgrade the lighting if you would have to replace the entire hood.

And if you had an open top would it look weird with the back chambers open and the skimmer cup hanging out?

Stevie-you need something in the middle of your rock structure. It looks bare! ;) I'll send you my finger leather cause it's gotten so big I don't like it. One of those "instant gratification" buys that you then realize it's gotten waaaay to big for your tank really quickly!

How is your carnation coral doing? Looks a little different.

I have herd that the hood upgrade is a little direct, the light looks too focused on the middle of the tank. I have seen open tops, they look pretty nice but you do have the filtration areas open, but from the front you really can't see much of them, especially if you sink the skimmer down with a steviet cup upgrade ;)

I haven't gotten a chance to find another coral to put there yet. I moved the sun polyps there for the time being, it really helps the overall looks of the tank.

The carnation is doing pretty good. It was a bit closed up when those pics were taken. I got some rods food last week, it is in love with that stuff, everything is. The corals and fish just go crazy over it, highly recommended.

I have herd that the hood upgrade is a little direct, the light looks too focused on the middle of the tank. I have seen open tops, they look pretty nice but you do have the filtration areas open, but from the front you really can't see much of them, especially if you sink the skimmer down with a steviet cup upgrade ;)

I haven't gotten a chance to find another coral to put there yet. I moved the sun polyps there for the time being, it really helps the overall looks of the tank.

The carnation is doing pretty good. It was a bit closed up when those pics were taken. I got some rods food last week, it is in love with that stuff, everything is. The corals and fish just go crazy over it, highly recommended.

Yes, if only I had my cup.........

patiently tapping fingertips........

haha. I may not have one for your now!!! I had all of these made up from the weekend, poof magically gone today, I don't know what happend.

I gots you, just have some love into your and send it out. NO, not the gross kind of love either :o

Archived