ReefCleaners.org

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Steve.....That 'g' coral I think is gorgoniana, which grows like crazy. It usually hitchhikes on LR and ends up everywhere. New stuff looks AWESOME! Keep a lookout on my thread, I get a box fom ebay tomorrow and my buddy is bringing by some frags for me. I got some really good deals on some shrooms and bubble ricordias.

I will definately buy a frag of the gsp from you once I am cycled.

great, let me know!

Encrusting gorgonian?

yep thats it!!! i have it on the sand now, it took over my rock in a few hours, that stuff is insane!

I really like your Euphyllia, it's huge! Did you obtain it that large, or did it start with only a couple heads and grow that large in your tank?

do you mean the frogspawn? I am not familar with the name Euphyllia

VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i bought that frogspawn much smaller, It has gotten HUGE in this tank. You can see the orginal size in pics on my first page

VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cDYD-dubJs

i bought that frogspawn much smaller, It has gotten HUGE in this tank. You can see the orginal size in pics on my first page

Yeah, frogspawn is Euphyllia Divisa. Thanks for the info, video looks great!

Morgan Page - The longest road

my new fav. song I listen to it all the time, there are a few different mixes, found it on XM radio - BPM

something like that....

just ordered a tripod. More vids and pics to come, hopefully that will improve my point and shoot abilities.

something like that....

just ordered a tripod. More vids and pics to come, hopefully that will improve my point and shoot abilities.

Something else that might help is to wait until after dark or shoot before sunup to avoid the reflections from the windows. Or get something really dark to hang over the blinds.

-hank

yeah, kind of hard, i have the blinds closed and the lights off but there is still a reflection. I will bring something in to block the light, really don't have much as far as a blanket here at work. good idea though!

Tank turns off at 6:50, sun is still up in the spring/summer, so still a reflection. Tank on around 7:30am i think... i get in at 8 and it is on.

Night time updates!

I finally got a tripod in so I can get some great night time pictures. Here are a few from my first try at them. Taken with 6-15" shutter openings.

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3766.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

Night time updates!

I finally got a tripod in so I can get some great night time pictures. Here are a few from my first try at them. Taken with 6-15" shutter openings.

Nice work You can use that for daytime shooting too. Put the camera on the tripod and think about your shot. It helps me to line things up better to avoid the "left end of my tank is lower than the right end" phenomena when my camera is free to move about on its own. ;) It's also good with a remote. You can frame the shot and then just sit there and wait for the critters to cooperate.

-hank

More new pictures!!! you guys are getting a lot this week

Mr. Pep shrimp trying to find food in the Star

IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

Crossing, they both had the green light

IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

Thanks-

bought him at reefscavengers.com

They called it an orange common starfish. I have had him for sometime now, somedays he just will just park right on the front glass !

Archived