StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
T1i

what do you mean by L?

L lenses are the top of the pyramid when it comes to Canon lenses. They all have a red ring around the end of the lens.

Stevie, great looking tank. I have been reading from the begging of this post and well lets just say I am on page 27 (wow, it is long) very interesting though.

I have a question regarding the JBJ - ATO. I see you placed it in the skimmer chamber next to the slender chamber where you house the heater. I was looking last night and noticed that that area is a bit lower than the level in the tank. Keep in mind that I have the OEM skimmer still in there as I have not upgraded yet. Just set up the tank Sunday.

Did you experience the same level difference? Also, I see you went with a Maxi Jet 1200 in the reservoir, is that still a good pump to use in your opinion. I was wondering about it bucking the head but not being so strong when it comes out the hose to the tank.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

It has been so long since I had the stock skimmer that I do not exactly remember. It doesn't really matter where any level is at and yes it is lower than the display. Levels are all relative so if the display goes down so does any level in the rear chamber. The only thing that can effect that relationship is if you have something blocking intake like clogged filter floss or the sponge.

I still use the same MJ1200 so yes it is a good pump. You can get something slower like the aqualifter but for me the MJ 1200 has been a work horse.

:welcome: to NR

• 2 weeks later...

What's your thoughts on the stunner strips in the RSM!? For all of us, stock lighting peeps, how many so u think would it require?

Hai there Stevie :flower: It's been awhile. I thought I would check in and see what's new. Wow....a lot is new. I really like your new aquascape. Very mod! I had to go back quite a few pages just to figure out what was going on :P

Haz

Whazz up hazzy. I spend a lot of time being Mr. inTank and not enough on the RSM but I am tying to reinvest some of that time. Hey enter this contest!

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

I like your cheesehead clownfish avatar. I am sitting here waiting on UPS for my new Aquaillumination LED light fixture. Isn't it time for you to upgrade??? B) In Tank can afford it.

Stevie, I received my media rack and installed my Tunze last week with InTank cup upgrade. I was wondering as I recall reading somewhere in the beginning that you were having to suspend eithier the Chemi-Pure or Purigen media bags to reduce flow restrictions. Is this still the case and which one are you still required to suspend by the upper hoes in the rack?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

StevieT can you tell me what and how much you are feeding your coral these days. My tank is stocked about the same as yours so I was wondering how much you feed and what. I do not want to over feed and raise phosphates or nitrates.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I feed light and water changes.

I feed the same as always, every other day with rods food. Fish eat it, corals eat the very fine pieces left over. Your corals mainly need light so don't worry about feeding them too much.

After 2 and 1/2 years of ownership the mandarin is dead :(

He is resting in the snow.

Sorry to hear, StevieT. How did it die?

Archived