Coral Vue Hydros

Mattyice 240G (48x48x24) reef cutout

mattyice

so what do you guys think of my return address package stamps?

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

I'm going to try and work on something for printed packaging on my shipping orders

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on now guys its not where you live its who you know. If you know the right people you can get your stuff shipped directly from Japan, Hawaii, Australia etc.

those are some damn nice corals but we are getting off topic of my thread

robbie - the fish are doing great, and they are loving the tiny little tank they are in, I am going to be purchasing a a few new tanks for the store here soon, each one is 480G total volume and I'm getting 3 of those most likely only 1 will be setup for now and the others will be held for storage, along with that 1 tank i am going to have two rubbermaid 50G stock tanks for the frag tanks of which will either be all home grown or locally grown frags lighted by 2 400W lumenarc pendants and the fish tanks will be lit by T12 NO bulbs, sump will be a 300G rubbermaid tank and will have a small are dedicated to fuge and a Reeflo skimmer

That sucks about the age discrimination. I get it also (I'm only a year and a half older than you) working in an industry full of people who went to school for 4-10 years and people that have letters after their names (PE). It's not too bad when they just meet me, they all think I'm in my late 20's (facial hair, no baby face), but when they know how old I am before they meet me they don't take me as serious. It's pretty frustrating. Good luck with the tank/store. Those are some gorgeous looking corals.

It really does suck for me especially when you work for your parents, i refuse to tell anyone its my parent's company or how old i am because they automatically think differently of me

i hope its not the same for my store, I'm putting alot of hard work into this and my present job is really threatened by it because my parents feel its a waste of time

pics will be up soon of the store design also

Sorry Matty wasn't trying to hijack your thread, just proving that Socal and Florida aren't the only ones that can get nice stuff.

So where do you plan on running the store from?

Dont let them get you down.

ooo they arent, so far the store will be out of my basement and office at work, total i will have about 100G of frag tanks for selling

I'm going to start with coral and fish and custom installations and work my way over to equipment after i get more money built up to where i can find a place to get all of this going

better news on my tank i will be moving up the date of when i get the tank because i would like to get things moving on it, going to salty critter either this week or next week to get most of the equipment

i was hoping that profilux would sell to me but since they treated me the way they did i just bought some big 2" frags of aussie acan lords, a big 2" frag of alien eye echino, and a big ultra red 5x3" lobophyllia brain, so far ive noticed each one of my acan frags have about 3-4 new polyps starting on them and they are already about 7-8 polyps on them

i would go with a chocolate tang but my tang list is pretty set with the achilles, red sea purple, and clown

i expect photos of the new stuff this weekend, I don't care if I'm 700 miles away from my laptop, I can still load it up on my phone. Yeah and pray a little harder, my dad just told me he is going to europe for a week, leaving my mom to fishsit for an entire week. Heres to restocking the tank with new fish.........

well here is a little list

-GEO 618 calcium reactor

-CO2 regulator

-CO2 tank

-Calcium reactor media

-GEO Kalk Reactor

-GEO Media Reactor

-2 Panworld 100PX-X pumps

-Some lighting options for my frag tank and main tank

-Salifert test kits (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, alk, mag, cal)

-Aquacontroller 3

-DC8

-DC4HD

-two lab grade pH probes

-temp probe

-Aquanotes computer program

-litermeter III dosing pump

-Tunze Osmolator

-acro colonies

-monti colonies

-acan lords

-various SPS frags

-Reeflo skimmer if available at Salty Critter

well its time for a little update i have a revised list of what i got

-GEO 624 calcium reactor

-CO2 regulator

-10 lb. CO2 tank

-ARM large type Calcium reactor media

-GEO Media Reactor

-2 Panworld 100PX-X pumps

-2 48" Aquatinic Constellations (bulb combo's below)

-Salifert test kits (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, alk, mag, cal)

-Aquacontroller 3

-2 DC8's

-two lab grade pH probes

-temp probe

-Aquanotes computer program

-litermeter III dosing pump

-Litermeter Top off module

-Litermeter water exchange module

-Reeflo skimmer

Pics will be up in a few minutes

Constellation 1 bulb combo...

-3 Giesemann Actinic +

-2 Giesemann Aquablue +

-2 Giesemann Midday

Constellation 2 bulb combo...

-3 Giesemann Actinic +

-4 Giesemann Aquablue +

To add to the Cosntellation 2 i am adding two 150W pendants over the SPS side of the tank with 6500K bulbs to help bring out amazing growth

pretty much with what i have, i could leave this tank for 2-3 weeks and not have to worry about a thing

i can get you one of the frag tank

i dont even have the 240 cube yet lol i dont get it till about the 3rd week of october

i have the constellation over the frag tank so thats why its soooo bright

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

frag tank is 30G breeder for now going bigger after that

i went with the ACIII because i need to control the pH in the calcium reactor and monitor the pH in the tank also i need to get Email alerts and to monitor the tank over the internet since i travel alot

this can help you decide on which one you want -> http://www.neptunesys.com/comparison.htm

with what all i got for the ACIII (base unit, 2-DC8's, 2-lab grade pH probes, temp probe, aquanotes software, and the I/O cable) it cost me 999, which i think is definitely worth the price over the AC Jr. comparing what other options i have and what i can do with it

well i started on the tank room tonight

this is the main area, i still have to make a custom table to hold the frag tank and fragging stations

IMG_2039.jpg

this is where i will be coming through the wall and draining into the skimmer and from the skimmer to the sump

IMG_2040.jpg

yeah i added the GEO kalk reactor today, most the of the stuff will be here tomorrow and the calcium reactor, skimmer, and litermeter stuff will be here either late this week or early next week, more pics of the the tank room will follow this week, im trying to get my frags grown out the best i can and will have much much more corals on the way

wooo hooooooo i love getting new goodies

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

most of it is here now, just waiting on the Litermeter III main unit, litermeter remote pump, GEO 624 Calcium reactor, and the Reefflo skimmer...in this pic is the CO2 tank, another bottle of ARM reactor media, a salifert nitrate test kit, the two panworld 100px-x pumps, 1 aquatinics hanging kit, and 1 aquatinics mounting legs (most likely will be exchanged for another hanging kit)

IMG_2043.jpg

These are what im really looking forward to, the litermeter III top off control module (how i will control the top off through the kalk reactor and top off the tank)

IMG_2046.jpg

The best thing i could ever invest in, the water exchange system for the litermeter III, i will most likely do a 1G water change per day and once i go to a full bore stocked reef with heavy feeding i will up it to about 3G per day

IMG_2048.jpg

and the GEO Kalk reactor

IMG_2050.jpg

Im starting the design of the tank room tonight and going to fine tune it over the next few days before i really get started, i will be having two 55G drums to use 1 will be for top off, and the other will be for salt water, i will have a 30 breeder frag tank hooked up to the system, and the flow for that will be from the other panworld pump, i will be making my own overflow for it

Archived