Top Shelf Aquatics

Mattyice 240G (48x48x24) reef cutout

mattyice

looks like Envision Acrylic is the way I'm going $2350 shipped to North Ridgeville, Ohio where i will drive there myself and pick it up

here are the specs

48x48x24 Acrylic tank

1" vertical panels

1/2" bottom

1" thick eurobrace that would be 3" wide

24x5x23 over flow with a 1.5" hole for a SCH. 80 Bulkhead

Front two edges will be hand polished

pics will be up as soon as i get them

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah the only thing that sucks...Vortechs wont work on the tank, im going to see if my buddy will let me try his when i get the tank to see if they work and go from there, MAN i was really hoping i wouldnt have to have any wires in the tank and the vortechs flow is so spread out it would be AMAZING the effects i could get on them

I'm not too sure yet, i dont know how much the pacakging weight is but tecenor said that the shipping weight would be 450 lbs but i think they greatly overdid the weight but if not this tank is thicker also

haha red dragon pumps at wholesale are not a problem for me, it just matters what the price increase is between wholesale and normal pricing, i dont want closed loop as i want this tank to be extremely clean and i dont want pipe nozzles coming out in the tank, there will be 4 returns all of them penductors, two in the end view of the tank up near the surface of the water (only about 6" below it) the other ones will be piped down along the corner of the back wall and side panel they will be ran down about 12" where i will terminate them with a 90 with a penductor and have them facing towards the center of the tank, this will really mix up the flow and with 4 vortechs going crazy in there i dont see how it will be much of a problem for flow with SPS

I will prolly end up doing that as exotic wood can get pretty expensive from

what I have seen so far online but I'm going to a local place that specializes in exotic wood so I will have to see what it costs through them

mattyice nice design plan...

I have to ask though....How do you conclude that you have some of the

best LFS's in the nation in canton ohio?? It may be just your opinion..

and you might have some decent ones...but the best in the nation??

I live in Florida and highly doubt they are as good as the stores here. Plus

ive never seen prices as good as the Florida stores either. Most of the Fish Farms

are located here in Florida. So the LFS's here have the access to go directly to the

Fish farms and hand pick their livestock.. I know several who do this and ive been

able to go a few times and seen a couple of the fishfarms.

I also travel alot for my career and Ive been in LFS's all over and Ive never

seen any as good as the ones here...well maybe in Calif..

Check out Sea in the City, Aquarium Fanatics, Aquaria Studios, or Ocean Blue.

because i have been to stores across the nation and i still have yet to find one that compares to the coral and livestock that Dan at Salty Critter can get in the same goes for Phishy Business, Aquatic Technology, and quite a few local coral farms

nice looking, not to mention the good photography skills. What camera are you using?? Also, whats that second to last coral?

so my lfs finally can get those flavicuda anthias. Price is 120 for male, 40 for female. You think I should just get females and let them decide who wants to be the man??

the second to the last coral is an alien eye chalice, i got all of those corals at MACNA from salty critter

i would say at that price get females and they will duke out who is the male

ETA is about mid october, im talking to a few wholesalers right now and im pretty ####ed at proline aquatics because their representatives at MACNA were very rude to me and wouldnt talk to me about a wholesale account because of my age and they didnt think i was serious

I'm looking at a few other places right now and i hope to have everything setup by the end of october, with a few custom pieces from macro rocks for the main parts of the SPS and LPS islands

i'm sure you've said it somewhere, but how old are you?

nm I saw it listed on your profile. Yeah it sucks when you try to sometimes be taken seriously and people blow you off because of your age. Thankfully I have two things that help me out (i'm only 23), one is that I look older then I am and second is that I'm usually in my work clothes from the bank.

Well Im sure that store you go to is good...

But I still gurantee what you are paying for livestock in Ohio and what we pay

in Florida...is night and day difference. Ive been to the stores up there...Plain

Figi liverock is $8.99 a pound and we pay between $2.50 and 3.50 here. I have

a friend who had an awesome saltwater store in Michigan and I couldnt believe

what they charge up there..Guess we are spoiled here in Florida..

Also why should you get a wholesale account if you dont have a company in the

Aquatics industry? Ive been to those expos and conventions too..Those reps know

who the real dealers are and the people who are looking for a discount on their products.

Ya sure we all want to save money and ive got friends at allot of these companies

and gotten some awesome deals...But dont get bummed cause a company doesnt

want to give a 20 year old a wholesale account, when they know you have no business

and are only looking for a discount..

see if you would read earlier in the thread i am starting a store, so dont jump to conclusions exactly like Proline Aquatics did :D

also i get LR from salty critter for 4.50 for rock and so far his prices are just as cheap as florida's (believe me i have been to them), lets do a little price comparison for ya

Premium fiji LR -$4.50 per/lb, all cured, coraline covered, and hand picked (gets cheaper as you go heavier)

Pair of Watanabei angels - $175 Perfectly healthy and eating with aggressiveness

ORA Picasso Clowns - $180 per pair Most stores charge over 250 for a pair

amazing SPS colonies - $49

SPS frag packs for 150 (you pick)

Gigas Clams - 70-120

also if there is something you want, i guarentee that Dan can get it in without a problem (my goldenback trigger for example)

I'm setting up this tank as my personal tank and to show the quality of work that my custom installations will have, which is why I am setting up wholesale accounts

Archived