Top Shelf Aquatics

Mattyice 240G (48x48x24) reef cutout

mattyice

im hoping, i can up with the idea that im going to buy mostly everything at macna to hopefully get better deals, also have to setup account with AO and proline aquatics

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well guys just so everyone knows...its time to get moving on this tank

I'm filling out the application for aquarium obsessed and Proline aquatics and I'm hoping while I'm at macna that i can get my wholesale discount on most of the stuff

well i got my first two fish that are QT'ing in a 30B in my room and are doing great!

a clown tang

IMG_1902-1.jpg

and a bluethroat trigger baby

IMG_1911-1.jpg

i get them from LFS, having some of the best in the nation around me really help, you name any fish and they can get them for me, im not too sure on the wholesalers they use but i love all the fish i can get, ive been to fish stores in multiple states and i still have yet to find one that comes close to comparing to salty critter

so far your plans look great!!

one comment... if you get a carpet anemone, you'll need more than 1" of sand. they are a sand anemone, and if you want yours to be happy, it'll need ~3" of sand to really dig its foot into. just going on what i've seen from people who have had some success with that species.

i will leave a place in the middle of the rocks for a deeper sand bed for it to dig into and for some clams also, besides that it will be either mostly bare bottom or a thin layer of sand, with the carpet in the middle it will also help hide it from the flow in the tank

I've decided to switch up the tank design a little bit and will be going with a 48x48x24 half cube

yup that is the exact reason why i changed it, to get the ultimate reef caps that im looking to achieve im also going to be ordering two large pieces of dry shelf rock from macro rocks, 1 approximately about 45 lbs and is about 24x36, the other one im looking to get about 18x18 (i might have a piece good enough, i am going to have to see how things turn out for aquascaping with what i have

also another update... I have decided to make these changes

-Tank design (48x48x24)

-skimmer (going with the small reeflo skimmer when its released...imagine bubble king but better and cheaper)

-Lighting (4 lumenarc mini pendants and 2 dual fire 250W ballasts, bulbs with be 20K helios)

-adding a closed loop (Panworld 100PX-X pump on an OM 4 way, plumbing with just be above the tank and the nozzles will just be penductors)

-also livestock changes will be made

you can see the updated list on the first page now (thats not a complete set list but I'm actually looking to go jaw dropping beautiful with the fish in this tank and i think the mix i put together will be incredible)

yes i actually realized its going to be perfect for what i want to do

i think that the 45 lb piece of shelf rock is going to make a real sweet overhang and really add to what im trying to do with the tank

lol i have the hook up from hawaii so any hawaiian fish is not a problem, the fish will LOVE the flow, plus if anyone reading this wants rare hawaiian fish...let me know, im sorry i cant ship yet but i i will accept people coming in and picking them up from me, or they can meet me at cleveland international airport and pick up the fish direct from there

we will see, if he does, I'm only going to have a small one in there and it wont be much of a loss, if he doesnt then it will be awesome, its all about keeping them happy and fat and they will be fine

i want one so badly but 5 dispar anthias decided to show up, and with the tonga anthias that I want, plus my black tang and my CBB, I don't know if the angel will be a good idea.

I bet he is going to enjoy the flow, that is one of the main requirements in keeping an achilles tang happy. They love strong flow.

You need a shortcut in your signature for this thread.

yeah I'm going to put a hyperlink in there, im going to be pushing about 14,000 GPH through the tank lol and I'm going to have sand too lol most of the flow will be coming from 4 vortechs running on the wireless controller each one running its own programing and i bought a little toy to keep track of the tank...and to take the calls from my new store Sea-Scape Aquatics WOO WOO Proline aquatics is going to be at MACNA too which means...the new bubble king 200 mini will be mine (the put a new wheel in it and it chops the air and water to be even more fine now!)

eddie i would watch out mixing the flavicauda and the dispars...actually if you can go against the dispars i would, they require heavy multiple feedings, can be difficult to get eating, and actually dont have a good track record in staying alive for long, flavicauda's are pretty much tanks and will eat anything and everything and can be a more aggressive anthias to other anthias due to their heavy body structure, I think a 4-5" imperator would look awesome in your tank

I'm also going to be adding a plankton reactor so i dont have to worry about feeding my corals and clams, it will be all down through a GroTech plankton reactor setup where a Grotech Plankton dosing pump will supply food for the plankton and also dose the plankton directly to my sump right by the return pump

well so far tecenor tanks are out, they want 150 just to drill a 1.5" bulkhead hole!!!!!

its down to envision tanks, miracles in glass, or a guy that eddie29 hooked me up with

I still have yet to hear back from envision or the guy eddie told me about but for a miracles in glass aquarium that is 60x36x24 in 3/4" low iron glass they want 2100 plus shipping, if i went down to 1/2" glass with a euro brace then it would only be 1800 plus shipping...but im thinking that if the 48x48 is too much 60x36 is an awesome footprint, also i think the extra 300 for no brace and 3/4" low iron is the way to go

Archived