Innovative Marine Aquariums

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening everyone,

I have been searching the forum to find the answer to my question but could not find one. So I recently bought a CAD 12, and today I came across a great deal on a new AquaC Nano Remora Protein skimmer for $80 that I could not turn down. I was wondering if anyone else is running this skimmer on a CAD 12 and if they are how they have their 3 chambers set up. The problem is I have to have the pump in chamber 2 and the return in chamber 3 just because of the dimensions of the chambers and the dimensions of the skimmer, so I do not know how to place any Cheato in my refugium without it being sucked into the pump. If anyone has any ideas or if someone has a similar set up they would like to share I would appreciate it. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I want a cadlights 34g. I know i already made another post but i just thought i'd ask you guys too in case. Do you guys know if a cadlights 34's are still available

there seems to be more questions than answers here. let me try (putting on official hat) haha.

Trick: they upgraded the 34G and they are all now 39G. price didnt change much though but you get alot more. they are now selling them without lights too so you can get just the tank package and choose your own light or use an existing light.

Mx5apex: for the 12G, both of the lighting options are great and strong enough for most corals including medium light level SPS. but the main choice is to get the lower cost PC or the newer technology and efficient T5 lights for a bit more. for me i would go for the T5 unit with the individual reflectors.

hope it helps

wow looks like this thread is coming back to life. cant wait to see the new tanks here.

I'm still building my stand for the tank so it might be a while before I can get some nice pics.

• 2 months later...
perverseosmosis

I asked this question in the equipment forum, but since it's specific to Cadlights 39g's, all ask here too. Anyone tried putting a Hydor Slim Skim in the back chamber of a 39g Signature?

Thanks

here fishy fishy
I asked this question in the equipment forum, but since it's specific to Cadlights 39g's, all ask here too. Anyone tried putting a Hydor Slim Skim in the back chamber of a 39g Signature?

Thanks

I just put a marineland pro 100 in my 39 sig and it fits nicely. I had to make some supports for the bottom of the chamber out of egg crate because of ther water level requirement, it cannot sit iin the bottom of the chamber. Its a nice skimmer and works really well.

Im thinking about upgrade to 50 G cadlight from Biocube 29.

I see that theres issue with stand...maybe i ll ask local LFS to make me one :)

I m planning to get AI Sol Led 12".

So all i need is sump, skimmer, tree (for LED) what else?

Any tips ? what I should NOT order and what I MUST order ??

I want to do right at ONCE ;)

Thanks!

Jake

• 3 weeks later...
Im thinking about upgrade to 50 G cadlight from Biocube 29.

I see that theres issue with stand...maybe i ll ask local LFS to make me one :)

I m planning to get AI Sol Led 12".

So all i need is sump, skimmer, tree (for LED) what else?

Any tips ? what I should NOT order and what I MUST order ??

I want to do right at ONCE ;)

Thanks!

Jake

BUMP

• 1 month later...

I'm curious if anyone has bought from/ dealt with CAD recently? Has the qaulity control improved or are they haviong the same problems posted the past couple of years?

i have a 39G for a few years now and bought numerous products from them throughout the years and recently just got one of the 8G Minis. i never had any problems with their quality and everything was always top notch. they did have some delays regarding the Pre-orders which delayed them about 10 days. i been to their showroom and saw them in a few of the tradeshows around and every new item they put out it gets better and better than the last ones.

• 1 month later...
xerophyte_nyc

Hello - newbie here, been lurking for many months. I now own a 39G Pro tank, but the stand and lights haven't shipped yet. They will arrive separately soon. I am making my educational contribution to the reefing community in my tank thread (see signature below to follow).

I have had a pleasant experience with the CAD Lighting company so far. I am still in aquascaping mode - no life as of yet in my tank. Patience...

The Pro series is a very good system and has been around for a while. i have the Signature and it runs great. patience is very important and can save you lots of money and time haha.

crazyfishgirl

Newbie here, I've decided to order a Cadlights system, just haven't decided which one yet, either the 22 gallon or the 39 gallon signature. Space is a little bit of an issue since I've already got 13 freshwater aquariums in my house, but depending on features I'm sure I could find room. Does the 22 gallon come with a protein skimmer and refugium light like the 39 does? It doesn't say either way on the website. Aside from gallonage, is one better than the other? Any help is appreciated. Im really looking foward to starting this tank :)

Newbie here, I've decided to order a Cadlights system, just haven't decided which one yet, either the 22 gallon or the 39 gallon signature. Space is a little bit of an issue since I've already got 13 freshwater aquariums in my house, but depending on features I'm sure I could find room. Does the 22 gallon come with a protein skimmer and refugium light like the 39 does? It doesn't say either way on the website. Aside from gallonage, is one better than the other? Any help is appreciated. Im really looking foward to starting this tank :)

The 22G doesn't come with a skimmer or fuge light. IMO you're better off with the 39g. I have the 22G and I already wish I went bigger. If I had the choice again, I would go with either the 39g Pro (w/sump) or the 40G Long Artisan.

crazyfishgirl

I just ordered the 39 gallon signature series with the led light system, its shipping out tomorrow, and hopefully should be here next week sometime. Im pretty excited :) I finally get to start setting it up!

Archived