Innovative Marine Aquariums

CADLIGHTS OWNERS CLUB THREAD!

Belatube

crazyfishgirl

For those of you who have the Cadlights 39 signature series, which chamber did you put the protein skimmer in?

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NaClH2Ofreak

I put a container of the Kent brand bio sediment in it. Then I never put any algae in it or light in it. So, I wish I would have left it bare.

Dennis

crazyfishgirl

I plan on putting chaeto in mine and was wondering if putting sand in was worth it because its kind of a small area.

Anyone see any picture of the new improved "light cherry stand" thats available for the 50g artisan? I was just about to order the system with the walnut stand (which I guess isnt available anymore), but I dont see any pictures of the new stand anywhere.

crazyfishgirl

I have the 39 gallon signature. I just received my skimmer (bubble-magus nac3+) and when I turned it on I got tons of microbubles in my DT. Even on the lowest setting, I still get them. I stuffed a sponge down by the return pump where the water flows in at the bottom, and while its lessened the bubbles a bit, I still have them. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

perverseosmosis
I have the 39 gallon signature. I just received my skimmer (bubble-magus nac3+) and when I turned it on I got tons of microbubles in my DT. Even on the lowest setting, I still get them. I stuffed a sponge down by the return pump where the water flows in at the bottom, and while its lessened the bubbles a bit, I still have them. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?

I don't know that it would work in your particular case, but I've routed the output of other skimmers through a filter sock.

DreTheReefer

The skimmer just needs to break in it can take a while but it should settle down just get it to the level you want it and leave it be for a few days to a week be patient.

And how close is it to your return pump

crazyfishgirl
The skimmer just needs to break in it can take a while but it should settle down just get it to the level you want it and leave it be for a few days to a week be patient.

And how close is it to your return pump

Its at the other end of the tank, in the second chamber. The microbubbles have already decreased even after running the skimmer for only a day and a half, so I'll just be patient and wait for it to break totally in. Thanks for the help :)

DreTheReefer
Its at the other end of the tank, in the second chamber. The microbubbles have already decreased even after running the skimmer for only a day and a half, so I'll just be patient and wait for it to break totally in. Thanks for the help :)

Goo to hear. Good luck.

I love my CADlights tank! I got it used and I do believe its the older 32-34G one. I recently got an LED fixture to go over it and am in love. Nice little tank. I will get some pics of mine soon:)

INTOtheVOID

So what do you guys think of the bubble magus skimmers? I plan on ordering one of the 22G LED cubes once they are back in stock, are their skimmers a solid product? Trying to decide what skimmer to purchase...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Cloudburst2000

I'm planning on getting the 18g mini sometime this fall/winter. My first order of business will be setting up my Elos Midi which is replacing my 25g reef tank. After that is set up, I plan on chucking my very old 12g nanocube and upgrading in size. I would have really liked a 20g system but I saw no AIO systems that were this size. It will be sitting on the same kitchen counter as my current 12g nano. I can't use a sump since there is no where to put a sump (not drilling into the counter) so an AIO is a must. The Cadlights mini 18g is the closest to 20g that I saw. The nanocube 24g is simply too large. I don't want to go over 20g on the counter so Cadlights it is.

Anyhoo, I was wanting feedback from people who have these mini systems (specifically the 18g tank). What type of protein skimmer do you have? Do you like the LEDs that came with the tank and what can they support in terms of livestock? If they aren't quite bright enough, I might upgrade to AI Sol LEDs. Anyone have pics of their Cadlights mini set-ups? Thanks!

crazyfishgirl
Here is my tank, I have a DIY 24 cree LED light above it:)

IMG_9732-1.jpg

Thats a really nice tank. mine isnt quite as full of corals yet, but I'm working on it :)

• 1 month later...

so, I went ahead and just ordered a 50g w/ 18g sump :0

here's what I think will be my setup:

CADLights 50g 24x24x20

CADLights 18g Sump 19.5 x 16 x 13

Eco-Tech Radion XR-30w (most likely)

2x VorTech MP10w ES

Warner Marine MF-121

Tunze 1073.20 (debating)

Jager 150w

BRS 75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage Plus system

BRS Refractometer

this is all that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm still reading about GFO's, and dosing, carbon reactors, & all that jazz. Sooo much information! I just want to do it right the first time :0

Still reading up on reef controllers. I was looking into the Tunze ATO, but I wouldn't need it if I got a reef controller(leaning towards APEX).

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would update you guys. I received my 50g w/ sump today. I was e-mailed on Monday by Anna that it was shipped with the tracking number. I was then e-mailed by Robert & said he threw in the plumbing for free.

it may be a little hard for you to find all the plumbing parts so we decided to just add it into your tank for no extra charge. if you decide you dont need it and want to use your own plumbing just send it back to us afterwards.

No Problem Kevin. the plumbing usually is the trickiest part even though it is the smallest thing cause people tend to overlook it. i also included a extra large 1.5" reinforced flexible pre-cut tube and the return tubes too. as well as the PVC fittings.

Robert

Tank & sump look great to me. The silicon job lines also look very good. I'm very pleased with the service I had.

Sorry for the crappy photo's !

DSC02705.jpg

DSC02713.jpg

DSC02716.jpg

DSC02707.jpg

DSC02706.jpg

DSC02717.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this! Got my 22g CAD SuperOutput LED system up and running. Currently Cycling with 18lbs of Manado. I will transfer my build thread from MASC Marine Aquarium Society Of Colorado) over to this site. Tank looks great and the light is great minus the stand bracket for the LED. Lets see some more CAD owners out there! Anyone upgrading their stock pump on the Newest 22g setup?

Archived