Innovative Marine Aquariums

Avalanche's Aquapod Reef

avalanche1201

avalanche1201

So I moved everything home for xmas break....it was such a biatch! Took forever...o well, I hope everything goes quicker and smoother next time...I just need to get a bigger box and another heater.

Anyways, everything has survived the move so even if it took a long I must have done it right....I just kind of through the stuff together and have my heater in the display still (since sat night 12.15) I should move it to the back in case something could fall on it...I just kind of through the rocks together...anyways I dont know if anyone checks this anymore or what, but here are some temp home FTS and I need help IDing something

FTS

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

ID ME!

IMG_0510.jpg

edit:

my mom has OK'd the ordering of the BioCube 29 stand for xmas. I believe the RO/DI unit I want is around the same price...I would be ok w/ what the tank is on now and bring that to school, but I really like the stand as well....I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place....any suggestions?

I can get ro/di water for .50 a gal and my suite mate may be getting an RO/DI so maybe I could use some of that as well...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
avalanche1201

....Few updates...

I've lost some corals since I moved home, I don't really know what happened...my large Acro bleached out as well as my Millie. I thought it may have been because of the light, but the tops bleached last. My only thoughts are that I ran out of distilled water, and I had to top off using my ######ty tap water, I finally found some Distilled water and I did my first WC today...I'm planning on doing a few more WC's this week before I move back to school.

My black sun coral is not doing great, I am now taking it out of the tank and placing it in a cup w/ cyclopleeze to try to get it to eat something until I can use the mysis back at school.

Also my zoas aren't opening up very well. I hope these WC's will help bring everything back

o, some good news though. My new stand is coming tomorrow, its the BC29 stand, should be pretty sweet

avalanche1201

For anyone who still checks this thread out...here is a new FTS now that I am back at school....still need to move some stuff around, and turn some frag plugs into discs w/ my dremel and glue them where I want...but here it is

IMG_0514.jpg

Still looks very nice. It is too bad you have to keep moving it though, the stress on the livestock is tremendous and you are lucky if you can do a move and not lose anything. How are the BTA and the clown doing?

avalanche1201
Still looks very nice. It is too bad you have to keep moving it though, the stress on the livestock is tremendous and you are lucky if you can do a move and not lose anything. How are the BTA and the clown doing?

the BTA and the clowns are doing well. I will try to get a nice close up of the BTA later

the moves aren't to bad b/c when I go to capture the fish I don't chase them around w/ a net or anything...i move slow w/ some cups to try to keep down as much stress as possible...the hardest one to get is my YWG that guy is fast!

the most nerve wrecking one to catch is my mantis in my 3gal...

also I the zoas started to go down when I ran out of distilled and had to use tap...at least thats when I noticed it, but I added some carbon in case there was chemical warfare going on and I'm doing more WC"s now..so we shall see

avalanche1201

After doing several water changes w/ Distilled water, and topping off w/ distilled water things are starting to look better. My orange zoos are not open like they use to be, but several of them are starting to slowly open up...so thats good, and everything is else is slowly opening up again.

This week I placed an order on Boston Reefers Society and got my self some corals from a local Reefer.

Sun or Star burst polyps

Tubs Blue zoa

Tubs blue evil twin zoa

Desert Storm zoa

Green w/ blue rim purple people eater zoa

Candy Apple Pink zoa

Green Button zoa

Strawberry Acan Lord

as well as a few others...later this week I am getting a Ric rock w/ ~7 heads for $20 b/c a few of them are bleached...so hopefully the tank will start to get some nice color again

avalanche1201

still trying to work out the color balance and everything on my camera...but here are some shots of a few of the new additions:

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

avalanche1201

about a month ago I did a light swap...70w Sunpod for a 175w MH Pendant, I like the light and its power, but its a 10k bulb and needs to be updated soon. I don't like the look of the fixture though so I am thinking of just sucking it up and shelling out the extra cash for a new light.

I'm thinking either 150w MH Sunpod (or another MH) or some nice T5's...not sure what one yet though, any suggestions?

Archived